• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Reservation window for deeded resale Point at Poipu week?

magmue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC: Kingsland
West 57th
Worldmark
Whale Pointe fractional
Point at Poipu (deed)
Lawai Beach Resort
Kauai Beach Villas
I have seen reference to a 13 month advance reservation window - does that vary from deed to deed?

I have been limited to a slightly-less-than-12 month window on my float/float week that is in their system as oceanfront. I was able to book oceanfront for our early Dec 2023 week even with the more restricted window.

I went in today to book for 2/24/2024 - yesterday the website said I couldn't book until today - and there were no oceanfront units available. The best I was able to do was oceanview.

I guess them's the breaks for 2024, but might I have some recourse for 2025 if I address it with HVC/P@P now?

csalter2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Ko Olina
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Diamond Resorts Gold
Deeded weeks have a 12 month reservation window and points for Diamond Resorts owners of the Hawaii Collection have a 13 month reservation window. Also, if you are a Centum level points owner you could possibly have a 14 month reservation window but it’s not always offered.

It’s also important to know that inventory to weeks owners and inventory for points owners are separate.

T_R_Oglodyte

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
In the deeded weeks system ... if an owner has multiple deeds of the same view category, they can book them in succession starting on the day of check-in. So let's say a person owns three weeks and they want to arrive on Feb 10, 2024. On Feb 10, 2023, they can book all three weeks in succession - Feb 10, Feb 17, and Feb 24. That's a little tweak that allows deeded owners to book earlier than 12 months before check-in.

Feb 24 is a popular week, as it's the Saturday of Presidents Week, and it's prime whale season. So it wouldn't surprise me if there is limited OF availability at that time.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
In the deeded weeks system ... if an owner has multiple deeds of the same view category, they can book them in succession starting on the day of check-in. So let's say a person owns three weeks and they want to arrive on Feb 10, 2024. On Feb 10, 2023, they can book all three weeks in succession - Feb 10, Feb 17, and Feb 24. That's a little tweak that allows deeded owners to book earlier than 12 months before check-in.
That is true, but you can't book consecutive deeded weeks online, you have to call. If you call, you may get somebody that doesn't know that you can book outside the window if the weeks are consecutive.

For deeded weeks, the window is 360 days, not 12 months. In the old days, deeded owners would line up at the front desk at midnight to try and get oceanfront view for the next year. If not on site, they would fax their request at 12:01 AM 360 days in advance. Now you have to try early in the day. If you find out what time it switches over, let me know. It's not at midnight Hawaii time any more.

FunnyFarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Point @ Poipu, Lawai Beach Resort, MROP/VRI, Worldmark
Besides planing a year in advance to get OF I also have to pay the maint fee in full at time of booking for the following year. OF corner seems to be the most desireable and scarce.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HVC: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
Besides planing a year in advance to get OF I also have to pay the maint fee in full at time of booking for the following year. OF corner seems to be the most desireable and scarce.
For deeded weeks they didn't always require paying maintenance fees in full before booking the following years. In 2015 they required partial payment for 2016 bookings, and in 2016 they started requiring payment equal to the previous years billing. I don't have that problem with the deeded week I have in the Club. I already booked in 2024, and won't have to pay the MF until 1/1/2024.