• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Starting to see the real value of the DC points program.

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
The Exchange Procedures were linked as part of the enrollment process when enrolling weeks. I suspect it is also provided when one buys Club Points direct from MVC. They are also available on the MVC owner website. The Exchange Procedures are a pretty dry read though... The rental restriction is also called out when using the new form to change a guest name.
I have certainly seen the rental restriction on the Change of Guest Name Form, although not with the multiple Priority Period references.
And as my enrolment documentation dates right back to 2010, I may well just have forgotten what was in it way back then.
I guess I had better check back through my records?

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I have certainly seen the rental restriction on the Change of Guest Name Form, although not with the multiple Priority Period references.
And as my enrolment documentation dates right back to 2010, I may well just have forgotten what was in it way back then.
I guess I had better check back through my records?
Chances are, we just didn't read all that stuff when we all enrolled. Most people don't read terms and conditions when signing up for some website or other service. We agree to a lot of things without even knowing it.

trippka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Diamond Resorts Hawaii Collection, Diamond Resorts Cabo Azul Collection, Grand Colorado Peak 8, Grand Timber Lodge, Grand Lodge on Peak 7, Vidanta, Westin Lagunamar, Palace Resorts, Hard Rock, Marriott Aruba Surf, Marriott Kauai Beach
The Exchange Procedures were linked as part of the enrollment process when enrolling weeks. I suspect it is also provided when one buys Club Points direct from MVC. They are also available on the MVC owner website. The Exchange Procedures are a pretty dry read though... The rental restriction is also called out when using the new form to change a guest name.
Yes, I think they made it harder to change a guest name within 30 days. There were posts about this.

AlmostRetired

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean Platinum, 3 x Grand Chateau 3 Bedroom (annual, EOY Odd, EOY Even).,
Below is contained within the guest name change form for weeks. Similar language seems to be documented in other places. All of them could have their vagueness tightened by changing or adding words. Until they do add clarity or enforcement, I read this as blah, blah, blah, blah. If they did this, MVCI would collapse from the weight of their MF and change in value.

You are being forced to bet a significant about of money that MVCI will enforce the above or will not enforce the above. Rhetorical question, which way are you betting?

“Commercial use of accommodations, use period or related benefits, including but not limited to a pattern of rental activity, is prohibited under the applicable reservation or exchange procedures and may result in cancellation of reservations. I certify that this reservation is not for any commercial purpose, and I hereby release MVCI and its affiliates from any and all liability relating to or arising from any such reservation cancellation.”

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
You are being forced to bet a significant about of money that MVCI will enforce the above or will not enforce the above. Rhetorical question, which way are you betting?
It is rhetorical in the sense that we don't get a say...we can only vote with our feet.

We know that other timeshare systems have successfully clamped down on people renting out points reservations. Unmentioned thus far was HGVC's ceasing to allow points transfers because people were transferring for commercial purposes and not just giving them to friends and family.

Right now some MVC salesreps use 'Buy points so you can make money renting out reservations' as a way to sell points...but we have no idea how MVC itself feels about the practice. If tomorrow MVC corporate decided that they could be more successful if they enforced the 'commercial activity' prohibition the next day they would. But until then I don't see any significant change in enforcement.

DRH90277

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Ocean Watch, Newport Coast, Grand Chateau, Custom House, Timber Lodge, VCP's.
It is rhetorical in the sense that we don't get a say...we can only vote with our feet.

We know that other timeshare systems have successfully clamped down on people renting out points reservations. Unmentioned thus far was HGVC's ceasing to allow points transfers because people were transferring for commercial purposes and not just giving them to friends and family.

Right now some MVC salesreps use 'Buy points so you can make money renting out reservations' as a way to sell points...but we have no idea how MVC itself feels about the practice. If tomorrow MVC corporate decided that they could be more successful if they enforced the 'commercial activity' prohibition the next day they would. But until then I don't see any significant change in enforcement.
Interesting and causes me to think defense - If they did that, I suspect those of us with enrolled legacy weeks would evaluate more carefully the merit of depositing our weeks for points. The inventory available for the points program would likely shrink. Deposits of weeks to Interval might increase.

Personally, I would consider the alternatives very carefully and probably just buy more resale weeks - easier reservations and lower maintenance fees.

Last edited: