• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

TravelUP on Club Wyndham homepage?

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
Reloaded the Club Wyndham homepage today and see at the login: "Great news! You can now access the Travel Up® by Travel + Leisure online booking page from your Club Wyndham account. Please enter your Club Wyndham login credentials to be redirected to the Travel Up page."

What the heck even is this?

PhilD41

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA
Looks like they are providing a web interface to Travel Up for those that have "bought" into it.
Screenshot 2024-03-16 5.40.07 PM.png

I am pretty sure I have not. Which I believe is confirmed by the error I receive when I click an icon. I am pretty sure T-UP is just a discount travel service similar to most others you can find online. I am not 100% of this, but to justify the cost of a new contract to gain access.... you would have to save an incredible amount of money... which I wouldn't bet on!

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
No idea why I have TravelUp as I bought my developer points before it was offered. In any case I have it but would never use it. I've tried comparing the results for booking flights between TravelUp and Orbitz and TravelUp comes short. Just tried the comparison again so I could post the actual results for a trip I have coming up soon; with TravelUp the round trip would cost $639 while the same flights on Orbitz would cost $548.43 for the round trip. I'm VIPG with Wyndham, so the total discount for Gold is negative $90.57 or -16.5%. If that is the average one gets through TravelUp as VIPG (paying 16.5% more than I would as Joe Schmoe using Orbitz), it's a complete rip off. I haven't run many other flights through parallel searches but all the ones I've done have been cheaper on Orbitz. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would ever use TravelUp unless they don't actually comparison shop.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I am pretty sure T-UP is just a discount travel service similar to most others you can find online. I am not 100% of this, but to justify the cost of a new contract to gain access.... you would have to save an incredible amount of money... which I wouldn't bet on!
Assuming an initial buy in of $9,057 to get TravelUp and my savings of losing $90.57 on a round trip ticket it would take negative 100 years to break even on buying developer Club Wyndham points for TravelUp assuming I only use it once a year. As a frequent traveler taking 10 trips a year, at that rate my losses would yield me a pay back of just negative 10 years. Or I could just use other travel sellers on line that have lower margins.

CYRUS2400

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Royal Garden, C.W. Access, PIC's.
Assuming an initial buy in of $9,057 to get TravelUp and my savings of losing $90.57 on a round trip ticket it would take negative 100 years to break even on buying developer Club Wyndham points for TravelUp assuming I only use it once a year. As a frequent traveler taking 10 trips a year, at that rate my losses would yield me a pay back of just negative 10 years. Or I could just use other travel sellers on line that have lower margins.
Apparently my 'do not gift' status also applies to the Travel Up status as it get the 'available to eligible members only' message. VIPP but, it's been a while since I last purchased developer points. I did try the regular 'travel' tab and found that I could save $11, versus the Wyndham Rewards price at a Hotel on I-95 that we've been know to stop at. As info, the travel tab cost matched the travelocity cost. So, in my case, the regular travel option or travelocity option is better than the Rewards option. The real deal, however, is that we can stay at this Hotel for 15,000 Reward Points, saving about $100 over other options. Best to shop around.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
No idea why I have TravelUp as I bought my developer points before it was offered. In any case I have it but would never use it. I've tried comparing the results for booking flights between TravelUp and Orbitz and TravelUp comes short. Just tried the comparison again so I could post the actual results for a trip I have coming up soon; with TravelUp the round trip would cost $639 while the same flights on Orbitz would cost $548.43 for the round trip. I'm VIPG with Wyndham, so the total discount for Gold is negative $90.57 or -16.5%. If that is the average one gets through TravelUp as VIPG (paying 16.5% more than I would as Joe Schmoe using Orbitz), it's a complete rip off. I haven't run many other flights through parallel searches but all the ones I've done have been cheaper on Orbitz. I have absolutely no idea why anyone would ever use TravelUp unless they don't actually comparison shop.
And Orbitz is rarely discounted anymore for flights! You can basically always get the same exact price booking directly through the airlines. I bet if you compared travel up prices with booking directly through the airline, travel up would be more expensive.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
And Orbitz is rarely discounted anymore for flights! You can basically always get the same exact price booking directly through the airlines. I bet if you compared travel up prices with booking directly through the airline, travel up would be more expensive.
I’ve done slightly better with them than going directly with some foreign airlines. Probably exchange rate fluctuations.

seastraight

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pardon me if I garble this but I am not fluent with merger and acquistion language. But I will try: Travel Up came out of Wyndham's purchase of Travel + Leisure Company in 2021. (I am sure you have seen the glossy magazine in the past.) Wyndham bought the company, and then changed the Wyndham name to T+L. Now, Travel Up represents the old portfolio of discount agreements you used to find under Travel + Leisure, with the special label Travel Up for Wyndham owners. I have been told that you will not find great airfare discounts there; airlines aren't willing to discount off their own sites. But I have found good deals with car rental, and just got a whopping $40 off a 2 night hotel stay in France. Not much, but something.

Fido Chuckwagon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney’s Saratoga Springs Resort; Wyndham Bonnet Creek; Wyndham Bali Hai; Wyndham Canterbury; Wyndham Grand Desert; Marriott Grand Chateau
Pardon me if I garble this but I am not fluent with merger and acquistion language. But I will try: Travel Up came out of Wyndham's purchase of Travel + Leisure Company in 2021. (I am sure you have seen the glossy magazine in the past.) Wyndham bought the company, and then changed the Wyndham name to T+L. Now, Travel Up represents the old portfolio of discount agreements you used to find under Travel + Leisure, with the special label Travel Up for Wyndham owners. I have been told that you will not find great airfare discounts there; airlines aren't willing to discount off their own sites. But I have found good deals with car rental, and just got a whopping $40 off a 2 night hotel stay in France. Not much, but something.
The problem with the car rental discount is that you can find it in a million other places too. Priceline VIP (which is free, you just need to be signed in when you search) has the same or better car rental discounts in my experience.