• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Westgate Rescission Advice please!

Jaci10p

Reaction score
We purchased a timeshare at Westgate Lakes last Sunday, February 11th. I did some research and have decided we would like to cancel it, thanks to this site!!

I just mailed the letter today, via certified mail to the Ocoee address and sent the ipad and owner's kit to Westgate Lakes. I sent them a copy of the recsission letter, but now I'm worried that I should have sent the letter with an original signature, so they can see the pen I wrote it in. I can't find in the paperwork if that is required? I know we signed a lot of document electronically, so I think it's okay?

Also, how long does it take to hear back? Will they email or call me once they receive it and my contract is officially terminated? How long does it take to be refunded?

Do I need to do anything else to officially rescind? Is it really necessary to cancel the credit card I paid with, to avoid future payments coming out?

Thanks so much!!

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
I just mailed the letter today, via certified mail to the Ocoee address and sent the ipad and owner's kit to Westgate Lakes
That's all you need to do. Take a deep breath and congratulate yourself on dodging a major bullet. Timeshares can be great, but do some research first to identify where and who to buy from. Westgate has probably the worst reputation of any, and in this industry that is saying a lot.
Also, how long does it take to hear back?
You may never hear back. They are under no obligation to respond at all. The sales weasels may call and try to talk you out of it, but just ignore it all. They are required to accept the rescission as long as it is within the listed timeframe for that state. You have the certified letter to document the date it was sent and that is all you need.

Reactions: RX8

Jaci10p

Reaction score
Also, is there a "Westgate timeshare notice of cancellation form" I need to fill out? I read about it on a separate site, but can't find the form.

Jaci10p

Reaction score
That's all you need to do. Take a deep breath and congratulate yourself on dodging a major bullet. Timeshares can be great, but do some research first to identify where and who to buy from. Westgate has probably the worst reputation of any, and in this industry that is saying a lot.

You may never hear back. They are under no obligation to respond at all. The sales weasels may call and try to talk you out of it, but just ignore it all. They are required to accept the rescission as long as it is within the listed timeframe for that state. You have the certified letter to document the date it was sent and that is all you need.
Oh phew, thank you!!

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Also, is there a "Westgate timeshare notice of cancellation form" I need to fill out? I read about it on a separate site, but can't find the form.
That form may only be for purchases in Nevada. As long as you followed the contract, you are golden. Congratulations.

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
We purchased a timeshare at Westgate Lakes last Sunday, February 11th. I did some research and have decided we would like to cancel it, thanks to this site!!

I just mailed the letter today, via certified mail to the Ocoee address and sent the ipad and owner's kit to Westgate Lakes. I sent them a copy of the recsission letter, but now I'm worried that I should have sent the letter with an original signature, so they can see the pen I wrote it in. I can't find in the paperwork if that is required? I know we signed a lot of document electronically, so I think it's okay?

Also, how long does it take to hear back? Will they email or call me once they receive it and my contract is officially terminated? How long does it take to be refunded?

Do I need to do anything else to officially rescind? Is it really necessary to cancel the credit card I paid with, to avoid future payments coming out?

Thanks so much!!
Glad you sent the rescission in time. As half of us first bought retail/developer TS, there is no shame. To track TUG rescission savings, mind sharing the TS rescission price?

chantille

Reaction score
Need help! While on vacation on February 28th we made the mistake and purchased. When we got home March 2nd, thankfully we realized that there was a 10-day period to cancel. We mailed out our letter and the binder with the tablet. With delivery we made it signature is required and as I've been tracking it arrived at the postal office today and was marked for redelivery scheduled for next business day and a minute later updated to "available for pickup".

I was under the impression that this would be delivered straight to the address of Westgate Lakes, LLC and now I'm wondering if they will pick it up? Has anyone had any experience in this? Why did it change?

This is coming from Canada.
I'm worried this won't get to them and will be sent back to me... Any help would be appreciated!

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Need help! While on vacation on February 28th we made the mistake and purchased. When we got home March 2nd, thankfully we realized that there was a 10-day period to cancel. We mailed out our letter and the binder with the tablet. With delivery we made it signature is required and as I've been tracking it arrived at the postal office today and was marked for redelivery scheduled for next business day and a minute later updated to "available for pickup".

I was under the impression that this would be delivered straight to the address of Westgate Lakes, LLC and now I'm wondering if they will pick it up? Has anyone had any experience in this? Why did it change?

I'm worried this won't get to them and will be sent back to me... Any help would be appreciated!

As long as you have proof you mailed it prior to the deadline (and to the address as specified in your contract.) it doesn’t matter how long it takes them to pick it up.

chantille

Reaction score
As long as you have proof you mailed it prior to the deadline (and to the address as specified in your contract.) it doesn’t matter how long it takes them to pick it up.
Thanks, I appreciate your help!

TheTimeTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score

Asked and answered multiple times with the same answer. You are all set. Allow up to 45 days for a refund.

Good move to have rescinded.