• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What has happened to the Moab resort?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
It is there, it is currently listed as an Associate Resort.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
People have already stayed there.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed there for a week in January. It was great!

JohnPaul

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Internationale, HGVC - NYC, Worldmark, Shell Vacations, Sedona Pines, RCI Points, Starwood (Avon, CO)
Wyndham has not chosen to put it into WM yet. You can stay there now as an Associate Resort using WM credits but they could choose to do something else with it.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
On Wmowners.com, there was a summary of the Sept 2023 WorldMark BOD meeting in Park City attended by the posting owner. In it she said they announced that Wyndham was transferring Moab to WorldMark on January 1st of this year, and it appears that happened because you can now book 13 months in advance. In the WorldMark online system, it is still listed as an associate property but the availability calendar now goes 13 months out and a test booking I did for 12 months out went through without a hitch.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Do you Worldmark/Wyndham owners have any thoughts on whether my RCI OGS for Moab spring 2025 will match?
I began this search in Jue 2022 for France August 2023 (no match), changed it to Kauai last March for April 2025 (no match) and then to Moab on December 3, 2023.
Because of my initial date of this OGS, that should give priority in the queue. We have previously traded into Worldmark/Wyndham to Taos, Big Bear Lake, Eagle Crest, Lake Marion, Destin and others so fingers crossed for this trade!

jhoug

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Utah. Stayed there already. My thoughts are WM owners have waited for this for years. Seems as popular as Yellowstone. I don’t think it will ever show up on RCI.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Do you Worldmark/Wyndham owners have any thoughts on whether my RCI OGS for Moab spring 2025 will match?
I began this search in Jue 2022 for France August 2023 (no match), changed it to Kauai last March for April 2025 (no match) and then to Moab on December 3, 2023.
Because of my initial date of this OGS, that should give priority in the queue. We have previously traded into Worldmark/Wyndham to Taos, Big Bear Lake, Eagle Crest, Lake Marion, Destin and others so fingers crossed for this trade!

March and April 2025 has inventory available. I have a feeling there won't be any inventory left as owners figure out they have full access. I couldn't see any deluxe 1 or 2 bed inventory showing. There wasn't any 3 bed inventory showing.

Bill

CO skier

TUG Member
Reaction score
From Utah. Stayed there already. My thoughts are WM owners have waited for this for years. Seems as popular as Yellowstone. I don’t think it will ever show up on RCI.
I have booked four weeks using my WorldMark membership and two weeks using RCI (Extra Getaways for April and October, not even an exchange fee) since the resort opening about 3 years ago.

There is a fair amount of WM Moab availability through RCI (mostly studios), but it does not last long.

fishwithwater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Instead of next spring, if you are interested in this spring, there are multiple weeks available on RCI from April to June for 2BR right now. In fact the extra vacation cash rate is cheaper than if I were to book with WM points.

beejaybeeohio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best Place in the US to see the April 2024 Eclipse
Resorts Owned
Peekn'Peak's Greenwood Forest NY
Instead of next spring, if you are interested in this spring, there are multiple weeks available on RCI from April to June for 2BR right now. In fact the extra vacation cash rate is cheaper than if I were to book with WM points.
We have other travel plans for this spring! Hoping to snag an extra vacation for Spring 2025 in the event I can't coordinate something with my sis in OR who is a Worldmark owner.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Any thoughts on how many units will be pure WM vs pure Wyndham. I saw an advert where Wyndham Presidential Reserve get priority access to Presidential units. It does appear in the Club Wyndham Directory Supplement as Club Wyndham Moab Presidential Reserve. Moab seems to be top heavy in premium units that require mega credits (22,000 credits or 325,000 Wyndham points for a1BR Presidential). That calculates MFs at about $2486 Wyndham CWA and $1953 WM Credits. We are set for a 1 BR Deluxe (12,000- $1193) in April.

Attachments

• 69032570-44C2-4CCE-A967-8B7D160FCC81.png
    69032570-44C2-4CCE-A967-8B7D160FCC81.png
    227.5 KB · Views: 7
  • 7D8B4310-8FA2-4419-87EC-9CB025832AFA.png
    7D8B4310-8FA2-4419-87EC-9CB025832AFA.png
    378.6 KB · Views: 4
Last edited:

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
Also, I noted that some Value weeks for Wyndham are Red weeks for Worldmark and vice versa. Examples of this are weeks 1-8 and 48-52. I wonder why?