• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Who are the highest paid Timeshare CEOs?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

an interesting read!

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Could not read the whole article in peace. An ad would pop up after 2 or 3 seconds.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Not sure why the John Geller made so much in prior years based on post pandemic stock performance. He only started as CEO in January 2023 and VAC stock has been in constant freefall since just about that same date.

Last edited:

JIMinNC

TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
Not sure why the John Geller made so much in prior years based on post pandemic stock performance. He only started as CEO in January 2023 and VAC stock has been in constant freefall since just about that same date.
The higher comp mentioned in the article for 2021 was prior to him becoming CEO, and probably related mostly to incentive stock compensation he received as, I believe, President and COO (his job prior to becoming CEO). In 2021 VAC stock traded between $150 and $175 or so per share after falling to around $50/per share right when the pandemic hit. I suspect most of the executive team realized considerable stock-based compensation in those years.

The relatively low comp versus his peers in 2023 is likely mostly due to the putrid VAC stock performance since 2022. But that's the way executive comp should be, in my opinion, tied explicitly to stock performance for shareholders.

jp10558

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Seaworld
Wyndham Smoky Mountains
The higher comp mentioned in the article for 2021 was prior to him becoming CEO, and probably related mostly to incentive stock compensation he received as, I believe, President and COO (his job prior to becoming CEO). In 2021 VAC stock traded between $150 and $175 or so per share after falling to around $50/per share right when the pandemic hit. I suspect most of the executive team realized considerable stock-based compensation in those years.

The relatively low comp versus his peers in 2023 is likely mostly due to the putrid VAC stock performance since 2022. But that's the way executive comp should be, in my opinion, tied explicitly to stock performance for shareholders.
Oh god no, I think that's a horrible idea. Companies already always crap out their long term goals to spike the stock prices for this quarter. Unless it's measured over the term of their appointment or over 10 years or something I generally find incentivising the executives to raise stock prices each quarter at all costs is how to kill companies.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
It's interesting and funny in a way that Wyndham says they bought Travel & Leisure. Mike Brown of Travel & Leisure earns about 8 million and Wyndhams Geof Ballotti earns about 3.5 million as ceo's. I think Geoff earns more when you consider overall earnings, something like 18 million. I wonder why Geoff isn't on the list ?

Bill

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
It's interesting and funny in a way that Wyndham says they bought Travel & Leisure. Mike Brown of Travel & Leisure earns about 8 million and Wyndhams Geof Ballotti earns about 3.5 million as ceo's. I think Geoff earns more when you consider overall earnings, something like 18 million. I wonder why Geoff isn't on the list ?

Bill
Geoff Ballotti is the CEO of the hotel company. No direct relationship to the tiemshare company of T&L other than the licensing agreement. Two different companies.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Geoff Ballotti is the CEO of the hotel company. No direct relationship to the tiemshare company of T&L other than the licensing agreement. Two different companies.

I hadn't considered that. So is Mike Brown actually the CEO of Wyndham timeshare division ?

Bill

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I hadn't considered that. So is Mike Brown actually the CEO of Wyndham timeshare division ?

Bill
Your understanding is correct, but technically Mike Brown is the CEO of Travel + Leisure. Which is the company that owns the rights to market timeshare properties under the Wyndham and other brands. To differentiate the timeshare company from the magazine. Travel + Leisure is not the same company as the magazine anymore. The magazine is published by a separate media company.

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
I know people say that developer timeshare sales are necessary to give us new resorts. Point taken, but these highly-paid execs on the top of the pile are ignoring the facts about timeshare's true value, which is almost $0. How do these people sleep at night, knowing they have stolen money from people with lies?

If I can get a platinum Marriott timeshare for a small percentage of the price these crooks are charging for a point system that is overpriced, these truly are despicable people who head these companies.

Same with Wyndham. Resale values are at an all-time low. The price to buy Wyndham has a lot to do with benefits denied to the new owner through resale. Some of the decline in value is because the product is mis-represented during a sales' pitch. We see countless complaints on TUG about lies at the presentations.

Hilton took over Diamond, then Bluegreen, and the only value I see in Hilton is the actual Hilton brand, not in the combined program that includes Diamond properties, which are generally not on-par with Hilton.

I think these CEO"s should all be in jail with the other timeshare scammers, most especially one of these three fools who denies that the salespeople at his resorts are liars.