• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WM and II exchange credit chart?

DaveNV

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Is the number of credits required for exchanging in Interval with WM credits listed somewhere? My recollection from a few years ago is that the exchange rate was 8,000 credits for a one bedroom, and 10,000 credits for a two bedroom. Am I mistaken, or has this changed? I was just charged 9,000 credits for a one bedroom Hawaii exchange two years from now. Just trying to make sure everything is correct with my account.

Dave

sue1947

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark and VI
It's the same as RCI and is listed on the WM site under Exchange; scroll down.

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Is the number of credits required for exchanging in Interval with WM credits listed somewhere? My recollection from a few years ago is that the exchange rate was 8,000 credits for a one bedroom, and 10,000 credits for a two bedroom. Am I mistaken, or has this changed? I was just charged 9,000 credits for a one bedroom Hawaii exchange two years from now. Just trying to make sure everything is correct with my account.

Dave
Is it just an exchange request, or did you already get the exchange? I did have WM with RCI, but I have too much in RCI right now. I could use deposits in II easier than RCI.

I used to rent and use WM for our Disneyland trips with the kids and grandkids. It's not worked out for this past year, so I have SO many WM points to use, and our friends who usually go are going to Disney World instead with their kids. So those points just sit there. What a shame. I planned to use some for Seattle but that didn't work out this past year, either.

Having points you have to pay for and not use has been tough. I tried logging into the WorldMark members section but was denied. Don't know why. Anyone have any idea how I can use my 46,000 points?

Firepath

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DVC
Since you like Disneyland, why not try Disneyworld? There are so many exchanges in that area thru RCI or just use WM.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
View attachment 31961

This is as posted in the WM 2005 Book that @taterhed once sent me a link to :)

See page 26!

It's the same as RCI and is listed on the WM site under Exchange; scroll down.

Thank you! I didn't know if the RCI list would also apply to II exchanges. And apparently, I was incorrect in my thinking. So the 9000 credits I was charged was accurate. Thanks!

They also took a housekeeping credit, which I assume is also correct?

Dave

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Is it just an exchange request, or did you already get the exchange? I did have WM with RCI, but I have too much in RCI right now. I could use deposits in II easier than RCI.

I used to rent and use WM for our Disneyland trips with the kids and grandkids. It's not worked out for this past year, so I have SO many WM points to use, and our friends who usually go are going to Disney World instead with their kids. So those points just sit there. What a shame. I planned to use some for Seattle but that didn't work out this past year, either.

Having points you have to pay for and not use has been tough. I tried logging into the WorldMark members section but was denied. Don't know why. Anyone have any idea how I can use my 46,000 points?

Hi Cindy,

This was when I took an exchange from the II open inventory, using the generic 2021 WM deposit on file. After confirming the exchange, they took the credits from my WM account a few days later. I believe it would have been the same if an exchange request had matched.

I agree, it's tricky trying to use those WM credits on file. I've only been playing the WM game a few years, and it's all I own. But with Covid throwing a wrench into the spokes of my trip plans, it's been a challenge. I can't imagine how frustrating it would be, trying to use multiple deposits with different systems.

Dave

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, every time you use credits, a HK or the corresponding fee is required.

HudsHut

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
@rickandcindy23
"WorldMark members section" ??
Do you mean the "official forum"? Don't bother. No one posts there.

WMOwners.com will help you with your WM credits.
Is your WM account connected to your II account?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinion Pointe, HGVC The Bay Club, HGVC Elara, Worldmark
I know this is an old thread, but it’s good info and still valid. Does anyone know the points chart for II Hotel Exchanges?

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
I know this is an old thread, but it’s good info and still valid. Does anyone know the points chart for II Hotel Exchanges?
If I understand you are asking about hotel exchange not the regular exchange. In that case you go through the steps like booking and it will ask you how many points you want to use and then how much additional cash you would pay. It all depends on how much the hotel cost to book. Interval (I believe through a 3rd party) values X points for Y dollars (and it usually isn't a particularly good exchange rate- I think it is for what they think they could easily rent a unit using that many points that are deposited keeping a 40% or so commission/ breakage cost). You do have to be gold or platinum with II but you can check on the value before upgrading, it will just throw the upgrade cost into the cost to book if you aren't already gold or higher.
Price out the hotel you want on II's travel tab without using points. Then go through the process of the hotel exchange and see how much of a discount you get for 5000 credits or 10,000 credits. Don't forget to add in the $159 (or whatever it is these days) hotel exchange fee in addition to the supplement $ that are charged plus the upgrade fee if you aren't already gold plus your cost for the points. I am not sure if it works like this for world mark but for most systems you can't use units, or points you have already deposited, you have to use undeposited ones that are more than 90 days from their expiration date.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If I understand you are asking about hotel exchange not the regular exchange. In that case you go through the steps like booking and it will ask you how many points you want to use and then how much additional cash you would pay. It all depends on how much the hotel cost to book. Interval (I believe through a 3rd party) values X points for Y dollars (and it usually isn't a particularly good exchange rate- I think it is for what they think they could easily rent a unit using that many points that are deposited keeping a 40% or so commission/ breakage cost). You do have to be gold or platinum with II but you can check on the value before upgrading, it will just throw the upgrade cost into the cost to book if you aren't already gold or higher.
Price out the hotel you want on II's travel tab without using points. Then go through the process of the hotel exchange and see how much of a discount you get for 5000 credits or 10,000 credits. Don't forget to add in the $159 (or whatever it is these days) hotel exchange fee in addition to the supplement $ that are charged plus the upgrade fee if you aren't already gold plus your cost for the points. I am not sure if it works like this for world mark but for most systems you can't use units, or points you have already deposited, you have to use undeposited ones that are more than 90 days from their expiration date.
Very helpful. Thank you. But I don't see where it lists the number of credits? I assume the traditional exchange credit chart by size is the same, however how does season apply?

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
A hotel exchange is based on the $$ amount for the rental not the size and season. You could have a $100 a night hotel and it would cost X points for the week and a $300 a night hotel and it would likely be 3X for the same week. You indicate how many points you want to use and interval will calculate how much you owe if anything in addition to the points you want to use. If the supplemental fee is $0 you may want to go through the process with fewer points to see if you are giving too much for that particular exchange.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A hotel exchange is based on the $$ amount for the rental not the size and season. You could have a $100 a night hotel and it would cost X points for the week and a $300 a night hotel and it would likely be 3X for the same week. You indicate how many points you want to use and interval will calculate how much you owe if anything in addition to the points you want to use. If the supplemental fee is $0 you may want to go through the process with fewer points to see if you are giving too much for that particular exchange.
It doesn't work that way for WM. The only option you have is to select the suite size. I assume it defaults to Red Season and is based on this chart as the hotels don't seem to have season charts.
1708016922639.png

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It doesn't work that way for WM. The only option you have is to select the suite size. I assume it defaults to Red Season and is based on this chart as the hotels don't seem to have season charts. View attachment 88668
That is for regular exchanges not hotel or cruise exchanges or exchanges into a non timeshare experience- through interval options.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So if you are going through the hotel exchange tab (not the regular exchange tab) and trying to book the London City Marriott hotel, it would be based on the dollars not the size and season of the unit.

If by hotel exchange you meant a regular exchange into a hotel sized unit into a timeshare or vacation club through the regular exchange tab than yes the chart would apply.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So if you are going through the hotel exchange tab (not the regular exchange tab) and trying to book the London City Marriott hotel, it would be based on the dollars not the size and season of the unit.

If by hotel exchange you meant a regular exchange into a hotel sized unit into a timeshare or vacation club through the regular exchange tab than yes the chart would apply.
No. I'm using the Hotel Exchange tab. With my Hyatt account it tells me the number of points. With my WM account it does not, it only gives me an option to choose the size of unit (Studio to 3 BR). The size I select impacts any cash that is needed. For example, with a Studio it might be Plus $154, with a 1 BR it might be Plus $57. No where does it tell me how many credits (WM speak) will be taken out of my account. I assume its based on the chart posted in the thread for Red Season, but I would like to confirm.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No. I'm using the Hotel Exchange tab. With my Hyatt account it tells me the number of points. With my WM account it does not, it only gives me an option to choose the size of unit (Studio to 3 BR). The size I select impacts any cash that is needed. For example, with a Studio it might be Plus $154, with a 1 BR it might be Plus $57. No where does it tell me how many credits (WM speak) will be taken out of my account. I assume its based on the chart posted in the thread for Red Season, but I would like to confirm.
so in the hotel tab if you compare a cheap hotel to an expensive hotel (same dates same size unit) does it show the exact same amount that you owe or is it just making you a actually deposit an actual unit vs points and then calculates the value from there?

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
so in the hotel tab if you compare a cheap hotel to an expensive hotel (same dates same size unit) does it show the exact same amount that you owe or is it just making you a actually deposit an actual unit vs points and then calculates the value from there?
It shows the difference in $ between cheap and expensive, but does not disclose the credits needed for the exchange.

tschwa2

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
It shows the difference in $ between cheap and expensive, but does not disclose the credits needed for the exchange.
Do you as a worldmark owner have the option to deposit a unit vs using points? It sounds like it wants you to book a unit you could deposit that is 90 days or more from the day you make the exchange (at whatever it would cost you to book such a unit internally) for the exchange.

Hotel exchanges aren't that popular so I am not sure you will find someone who has done it either as a worldmark member or an II guide. Try contacting the II rep, Marc through his TUG email, and see if he can give you guidance as to either how many points it would take or if you are to reserve but not pre deposit a worldmark unit of the size you want to use for the exchange and if so does the location, season or tdi matter.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ugh, I just realized that not only do you have to pay the exchange fee for a Hotel Exchange, but you also have to use a Housekeeping token. So, I guess I can see why its not that popular.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Ugh, I just realized that not only do you have to pay the exchange fee for a Hotel Exchange, but you also have to use a Housekeeping token. So, I guess I can see why its not that popular.
Generally, Hotel Exchange isn't a good use of timeshare points or a week. Most often you are better to pay cash to stay where you want to go.

Mongoose

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Generally, Hotel Exchange isn't a good use of timeshare points or a week. Most often you are better to pay cash to stay where you want to

I agree, but I like to check time and again. Its really a shame and probably one of the worst lies told by TS salespeople. Almost any other use for most TS companies and exchange companies are a poor use of your MF $. The exception may be when you have expiring points. When I did own HICV I would occasionally transfer left over points to IHG at the end of the year which wasn't terrible. Back then you could get 7-10 nights for a HI Express for 100,000 points and the transferred points counted towards elite status. I have Hilton now and the rules really limit its usefulness.

kozykritter

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Flex, MVC Points, Worldmark
Do you as a worldmark owner have the option to deposit a unit vs using points?
Yes but not a specific week/location of their choosing. Using the credit chart from post #14 in this conversation, the owner calls WorldMark and requests them to do a week deposit of a certain unit size and season. WorldMark collects the appropriate amount of credits plus a housekeeping token/fee and then in about 4 weeks time on average, a week deposit of WorldMark's choosing will appear in the owner's II account to use for exchange. It's a total crap shoot whether you get a great, good or not so good week when it comes to trading power/TDI.