• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

WorldMark--How low can they go??

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I am invested in WM--and love many of their resorts and much of their system. But, recently I was in Las Vegas, and was recruited to have my car rental paid for to attend a "presentation" (no WM mentioned--but I recognized the area)--this was a bargain car rental place (which I would never use again), and seemed VERY sleazy. I have also seen WM advertise at large amusement parks, smokey restaraunts, etc. With all it has to offer, why is the advertising going so low?? It's embarrassing.:eek:

PA-

TUG Member
Reaction score
lyoder said:
I am invested in WM--and love many of their resorts and much of their system. But, recently I was in Las Vegas, and was recruited to have my car rental paid for to attend a "presentation" (no WM mentioned--but I recognized the area)--this was a bargain car rental place (which I would never use again), and seemed VERY sleazy. I have also seen WM advertise at large amusement parks, smokey restaraunts, etc. With all it has to offer, why is the advertising going so low?? It's embarrassing.:eek:

Trendwest, the management and development company for Worldmark, was folded into Wyndhamvo, which is run by the executive that formerly ran Fairfield.

Are you familiar with Fairfield, their service level, and their aggressive sales tactics, or do you need further explanation?

loosefeet

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm not familiar with Fairfield, but now am by association. I purchased resale after debating about options here on TUG--and generally have been happy. However, now that I get the exposure to the sales happening in the public, I'm truly embarrassed. There is no way I could get others (friends and family)interested when they get exposed to what's happening with the marketing--they seem to think I'm a fool for participating in such a group, and I often have to defend my decision to purchase WM. I really wonder how many folks the marketing has turned off--I know I am.

spatenfloot

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just about all timeshare salespeople are the same, except for maybe DVC. I think it would actually be much easier to sell the product if they didn't alienate so many potential customers, thus lowering the marketing expenses and the cost.

Fern Modena

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I don't know why you are more embarrassed now that ever before. I guess it is that you just didn't know, and now its been flung in your face. When I lived in California (and I've been gone three years already), Worldmark had a "drawing box" in my local Little Cesar's Pizza. You know, a "win a car or a vacation" thing. It was to get leads for tours.

Fern

kewanee

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Fern Modena said:
I don't know why you are more embarrassed now that ever before. I guess it is that you just didn't know, and now its been flung in your face. When I lived in California (and I've been gone three years already), Worldmark had a "drawing box" in my local Little Cesar's Pizza. You know, a "win a car or a vacation" thing. It was to get leads for tours.

Fern
There's still one in our Del Taco and its been there for years. Someone must come in and pick up the entry forms!

GreenMum

TUG Member
Reaction score
Don't worry, be happy

WorldMark is not going anywhere. Not with as many resorts as they own, in fact, they will just get larger. They advertise everywhere, yes, but I suppose that is keeping with the idea of making vacations available to everyone at affordable prices. That's what it did for my family. Really nice vacations for much less than we'd pay otherwise---I love having a kitchen & family room when we vacation.:whoopie:

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
worldmark

We really enjoy the Worldmark resort system and havent noticed any timeshare soliciters any where in Washinghton and Oregon. We use bonus time and stay in beautiful fully loaded 1 bed condos for about $45.00 a nite in gourgeous areas that we can drive to. It seems to be the best timeshare that we or any of our friends own.