• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Worldmark/Wyndam association

derb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there an internal link between Worldmark and Wyndam? Can Fairfield/Wyndam points be used for Worldmark properties and if so, do they have any priority over other rci non Worldmark requests?
Thx in advance.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Is there an internal link between Worldmark and Wyndam? Can Fairfield/Wyndam points be used for Worldmark properties and if so, do they have any priority over other rci non Worldmark requests?
Thx in advance.

Not in general. Some resorts hand over a handful (literally one or two) units to the other system in a sort of informal exchange program---these are typically called Associate Resorts. You should assume there is next to no availability at any of these.

If you own in one, and want to stay in the other, a direct exchange with an owner in the other system would probably be your first option. I know I've thought about doing such direct exchanges with WorldMark owners in the past.

cotraveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
From the WorldMark side, a WorldMark owner currently has access to over 15 Wyndham resorts that can be booked directly with WorldMark credits. You can see which ones those are in the Resort Gallery on the WorldMark web site. They have a unique identifier on the map they display and are listed as Affiliates in the resort drop down menu.

As bnoble said, the number of units is very limited and finding availability is a hit and miss proposition. Typically there are only two Wyndham units available at each to WorldMark owners although some of the newer additions to the list of available resorts have a few more units. The popular ones book almost as soon as they are made available. That is supposed to be at 10 months out from the check in date but they often appear later than that. We did successfully book a 5 night stay at the Wyndham Nashville resort last year using our WorldMark credits.

It is a one for one exchange. For each Wyndham unit that is available to WorldMark owners there is a corresponding WorldMark unit available to Wyndham owners. Not all would agree that the units given up by one side are equal to the units given up by the other. I don't know enough about the Wyndham system to know where you would find information concerning which WorldMark resorts are made available to Wyndham owners.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
direct exchange: Worldmark with Wyndham

Not in general. Some resorts hand over a handful (literally one or two) units to the other system in a sort of informal exchange program---these are typically called Associate Resorts. You should assume there is next to no availability at any of these.

If you own in one, and want to stay in the other, a direct exchange with an owner in the other system would probably be your first option. I know I've thought about doing such direct exchanges with WorldMark owners in the past.

We are Worldmark owners and could be interested in private exchanges with Wynhdam owners. How do we connect?

PClapham

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark
Foxrun
This is a very good suggestion-a way for those of us who own WM to trade with Wyndham resorts. Wm is primarily west and Wyndham east. Maybe we should use the exchange page on tug-on the Marketplace/ exchange.
Anita
Anita

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are Worldmark owners and could be interested in private exchanges with Wynhdam owners. How do we connect?
If I can't help, I'm sure an inquiry at the Wyndham owners' site

forums.atozed.com

would net you several interested folks. I'd post under "reservation wanted". Does the wmowners.com site have a similar forum? If not, perhaps it should.

Cathyb

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
good question -- I don't know and will check.

ecwinch

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbour Point (HP), Kauai Beach Villas, Riverside Suites, WorldMark Pts (WM), Wyndham Pts
As I see it, the problem is the most of the exchanges or rentals being listed are location specific. I think the solution is more of a points for credits exchange and vice versa.

I have suggested something similar to Brian for TUG. That a points specific exchange category be added to the TUG marketplace. It would allow points owners to exchange reservations. You would advertise your membership network, available points to exchange, and what network you would like a reservation in. Then you would work out the details with the other party.

So your ad would be:

WorldMark member willing to exchange up to 14,000 WM Credits for Hyatt Key West reservation for Jan 2010.

bnoble

TUG Member
Reaction score
Eric, I think one could post such an ad in "Reservations Wanted" on the Wyndham owners site and it looks like you could do the same at wmowners.

I really think this could be a big benefit for both WM and Wyn communities, because the two systems have relatively complimentary strengths--WM in the west, and Wyn in the east.

bccash63

TUG Member
Reaction score
As I see it, the problem is the most of the exchanges or rentals being listed are location specific. I think the solution is more of a points for credits exchange and vice versa.

I have suggested something similar to Brian for TUG. That a points specific exchange category be added to the TUG marketplace. It would allow points owners to exchange reservations. You would advertise your membership network, available points to exchange, and what network you would like a reservation in. Then you would work out the details with the other party.

So your ad would be:

WorldMark member willing to exchange up to 14,000 WM Credits for Hyatt Key West reservation for Jan 2010.

I sent in a similar suggestion 2 wks ago--to add 'points' to the exchange category options. There are Bluegreen Points, Diamond Points, Shell points, Hilton points, VI points, AVC, and many others in addition to Worldmark and Wyndham. Haven't seen it on there yet though--Dawn