• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Broke Mama

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
I understand we are all painted with the same brush and need to support each other.
My comment was about any information coming from MG because according to the SIF in his mind only Option 1 people are still his clients (in his mind) so he (in his mind) does NOT need to communicate anything to anyone else. Such as a minor :doh:detail of having Strathcona Law Group withdrawing as counsel on record since early December and not informing the clients that this is happening and using outdated client addresses so they are not being served correctly. And also not supplying those (in his mind) former clients with the information and documentation to protect themselves. Ya know those kind of minor details :confused::crash:.
Yes, we said no to the information about the settlement and we haven't heard a word since. We had chose option 1 but when we go email on November 28th we weren't happy about how he chose to figure out settlement so we had questions and emailed him with no response to a few emails to explain the settlement we said no. So we don't know where we stand either. I guess we are on our own. Thanks for ?? Nothing??

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
I believe that Judge Young has the power to take that one on, if she will decide to do so. We certainly deserve to have something go our way in this whole mess!
Floyd55, I truly hope you are right!

MarcieL

Reaction score
I believe that Judge Young has the power to take that one on, if she will decide to do so. We certainly deserve to have something go our way in this whole mess![/QUOTE

for those that have the settlement agreement that is final I doubt the judge will intervene.

Tanny13

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
FAIRMONT, Marriott
We didn't receive any of the documents regarding the poor settlement because we opted out on Dec 29. We also sent Geldert a message prohibiting to disclose to any third party, any of the updated contact information we provided to him when the SIF was signed. Some of you are talking about a gag order and relinquishing you rights in the future; are these part of the settlement document or a separate one?. As for us, we wiil be facing paying the highest interest rate ever recorded in Canada, I think?? This is unreal and we are physically ill thanks to a corrupted company and the malpractice of a "lawyer" Well, we will keep trying until the end and praying for a lifeline.

You have company. We will fight together.

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
Is it final if we don't sign the papers? I am afraid to sign anything now since I have learned from this experience that contracts are arbitrary.

ohcanadajr

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
First time here; Is this thread in regards to the settlement agreement with Northmont properties - fairmont - Resort villa management?
Gerldert law - Sunchaser? I received my final statement due balance - due in a couple weeks for almost 36K. Am i in the right place?

truthr

Reaction score
Hello Everyone,
First time here; Is this thread in regards to the settlement agreement with Northmont properties - fairmont - Resort villa management?
Gerldert law - Sunchaser? I received my final statement due balance - due in a couple weeks for almost 36K. Am i in the right place?
Yes you are in the right place.

LilMaggie

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I own Nothing!
Hello Everyone,
Welcome

aden2

Reaction score
Make sure you file a dispute with Civil court, main reason this was not the contract you had signed, you had not been using the Villas and interest is toooo high for a starter!

ohcanadajr

Reaction score
Make sure you file a dispute with Civil court, main reason this was not the contract you had signed, you had not been using the Villas and interest is toooo high for a starter!
Is everyone filing with the civil court? Is there a link for this? How do we go about this?
Oh boy,,, I'm behind.
What happened to the threat that Geldert law has made regarding discussing this case with anyone or seeking legal representation other than geldert law? Is anyone else seeking personal legal representation?

ohcanadajr

Reaction score
I was about to cash in my RRSP's to just pay this amount (35K ish) to end it all...... wrong decision ?! file bankruptcy maybe?

FairSun

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser in Fairmont
We are not lawyers on here. I'm moving cautiously reading and thinking about what everyone is saying cause lots of emotional words and free advice that might cost us plenty more.

ohcanadajr

Reaction score
We are not lawyers on here. I'm moving cautiously reading and thinking about what everyone is saying cause lots of emotional words and free advice that might cost us plenty more.
Have you filed a dispute with civil court?

Appauled

Reaction score
I was about to cash in my RRSP's to just pay this amount (35K ish) to end it all...... wrong decision ?! file bankruptcy maybe?
I am in the same boat, I have to pay 35k ish as well. From most of the post of read several people are around the same amount. Taking into account at least 1300 timeshare owners pay a conservative average of 30k each that would give Sunchaser $390 Million! And 2/3 of that is INTREST charges! CROOKS!!! how do they get away with that? Mafia and Loan sharks probably charge better rates!!!!
I'm considering bankruptcy as well.:(

Appauled

Reaction score
I am in the same boat, I have to pay 35k ish as well. From most of the post of read several people are around the same amount. Taking into account at least 1300 timeshare owners pay a conservative average of 30k each that would give Sunchaser $390 Million! And 2/3 of that is INTREST charges! CROOKS!!! how do they get away with that? Mafia and Loan sharks probably charge better rates!!!!
I'm considering bankruptcy as well.:(
Sorry, Correction. They will collect $39 million

FairSun

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser in Fairmont
Thank you!
So, I have recieved the 35K + statement to pay. What will happen if I do not pay.
Did you read the Dec. 19 email and all attachments like letter from David Wotherspoon
Have you filed a dispute with civil court?
We went with Geldert Law to file the legal response to the Civil Claim that Norhmont Resort Properties Ltd. filed against us on Oct. 15 2014. The B.C., Alberta courts supported Northmont. Since Judge Young in Edmonton agreed they could go ahead with their judgment against us soon as questions are dealt with about Northmont's legal costs and interest rates on some of the contracts, we have nowhere else to turn. We're signing the settlement agreement unless some better news comes soon from Judge Young. I don't see how Northmont will cut anyone a better deal than what's in the settlement now and too risky to see if they'll actually come after us for 162% like they state in writing they will do.

Appauled

Reaction score
Did you read the Dec. 19 email and all attachments like letter from David Wotherspoon

We went with Geldert Law to file the legal response to the Civil Claim that Norhmont Resort Properties Ltd. filed against us on Oct. 15 2014. The B.C., Alberta courts supported Northmont. Since Judge Young in Edmonton agreed they could go ahead with their judgment against us soon as questions are dealt with about Northmont's legal costs and interest rates on some of the contracts, we have nowhere else to turn. We're signing the settlement agreement unless some better news comes soon from Judge Young. I don't see how Northmont will cut anyone a better deal than what's in the settlement now and too risky to see if they'll actually come after us for 162% like they state in writing they will do.
How can the courts allow 162% charge to those who cant pull around $35K out of the air by Feb 15, 2018???

servemeout

Reaction score
We will not sign the settlement and presently do not have a lawyer. The deal was accept the offer or you are on your own. They can state anything they want - they still have to collect. The settlement was not court ordered. Collection agencies are very regulated in Alberta and will take a share of the funds collected. You will have difficulty getting money out of the bank of beautyrest or simmons.

ohcanadajr

Reaction score
We will not sign the settlement and presently do not have a lawyer. The deal was accept the offer or you are on your own. They can state anything they want - they still have to collect. The settlement was not court ordered. Collection agencies are very regulated in Alberta and will take a share of the funds collected. You will have difficulty getting money out of the bank of beautyrest or simmons.
best thread point I've seen in years....

FairSun

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser in Fairmont
How can the courts allow 162% charge to those who cant pull around $35K out of the air by Feb 15, 2018???
Exactly! Can't understand it at all. Courts said they can charge the reno fee, cancellation fee, court costs, interest at whatever your lease says. Thats why big backlash.

MarcieL

Reaction score
best thread point I've seen in years....
You realize Mr. Savageau NM lawyer has a collections agency in Toronto. Google it. We will be paying the 35 grand settlement. We cannot afford the 162 per cent threatened interest if we go on our own plus the 500.00 am hour for another lawyer. It is outright theft but NM seems to have the courts on his side and can charge what he wants.