• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Tapatalk Problems

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
tis neat, we get a little monthly email statistics thing from tapatalk...apparently more than 700 folks browse the forums using it.

I honestly didnt think it was that popular. :banana:

Ken555

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
tis neat, we get a little monthly email statistics thing from tapatalk...apparently more than 700 folks browse the forums using it.

I honestly didnt think it was that popular. :banana:

It's a great app! I'm spending more time on multiple forums now than I was previously...so easy to use. I especially like the proactive notifications on threads I participate in, which I prefer vs email notification.

Sent from my iPad

uscav8r

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
It's a great app! I'm spending more time on multiple forums now than I was previously...so easy to use. I especially like the proactive notifications on threads I participate in, which I prefer vs email notification.

Sent from my iPad

The iPad version has a nice feature that brings up the notifications on the unlock screen. Slide across the notification and it will take you right to the app and the that specific message!

I haven't yet bothered to figure out how to get that same functionality on my iPhone...

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
The iPad version has a nice feature that brings up the notifications on the unlock screen. Slide across the notification and it will take you right to the app and the that specific message!

I haven't yet bothered to figure out how to get that same functionality on my iPhone...

The notification process is the same on both devices.

Sent from my iPad

amycurl

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Oooh, I use Tapatalk to read TUG on my iPad mini before falling asleep (no offense!) but I didn't know about the notification features.

Might it be worth a sticky on the "About TUG BBS" thread about how to use/set-up Tapatalk to access TUG via tablet and phone?

nomadio

TUG Member
Reaction score
For the last couple weeks I keep having to login way more frequently than before. Not every time but quite often. I think a recent tapatalk update might be the culprit. Happens with all the forums I view via tapatalk. Anyone else having this issue?

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
interesting, we havent made any updates to tapatalk in quite some time. or did the client on your phone/mobile device get a recent update?

nomadio

TUG Member
Reaction score
I believe the cause was a tapatalk update and not a TUG update.

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
For the last couple weeks I keep having to login way more frequently than before. Not every time but quite often. I think a recent tapatalk update might be the culprit. Happens with all the forums I view via tapatalk. Anyone else having this issue?

Same for me so I switched to the Pro version, it keeps me logged in and remembers my password.

I don’t like the recent changes either, bring back the view that had threads on the left and message on the right, this new message only view has a lot of wasted gray space on both sides.

0a0bfc43ff6099145323fa1336e325e5.jpg

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
just upgraded to a new version of tapatalk on the server, please let us know if any of you tapatalk users encounter any new or bizarre issues!

nomadio

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm now having to login on a daily basis when I access TUG BBS via tapatalk. Up until this week it was sporadic but this week it has been every day. I did submit a help request directly to tapatalk a couple weeks ago when this started happening but they have opted not to respond.

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
that screams to me some sort of cookie problem on your phone. (having to log in each time you visit)

im not sure what phone or browser you have, but id try to completely delete the cookie used for tugbbs.com and then "relog in" using tapatalk...doing so should recreate the cookie and allow you to remain logged in.

Reaction score
Hi, I have been using Tapatalk to read this forum for a few weeks, but it stopped working today. It said the package file version is different from the installed version. It wants me to go into Admin CP and update the latest installation xml. Any ideas on how to fix this? Thanks.
I read reviews after I installed the app and promptly deleted it. I don't need the hassle.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
Over the last few weeks (or longer) I've noticed that Tapatalk is occasionally prevented from accessing TUG. When I try to reconnect, I see a login error. If I go to a regular browser I'm told that my account was temporarily locked. After a while I'm able to access via browser, and usually able to logout and login via Taptalk and all is well again. This happened again early this morning and I'm still unable to connect on my iPad via Tapatalk. I've tried searching the Tapatalk forum but haven't seen anything regarding this issue (it's probably there but I haven't found it).

Any suggestions?

Rolltydr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
CWA, Ocean Blvd, Fairfield Glade
Over the last few weeks (or longer) I've noticed that Tapatalk is occasionally prevented from accessing TUG. When I try to reconnect, I see a login error. If I go to a regular browser I'm told that my account was temporarily locked. After a while I'm able to access via browser, and usually able to logout and login via Taptalk and all is well again. This happened again early this morning and I'm still unable to connect on my iPad via Tapatalk. I've tried searching the Tapatalk forum but haven't seen anything regarding this issue (it's probably there but I haven't found it).

Any suggestions?
I had the same problem today not connecting but I didn’t get any messages, it just wouldn’t connect and update. It was working fine in Safari. Tapatalk started working again about an hour ago.

Ken555

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kierland
Sheraton Desert Oasis
I had the same problem today not connecting but I didn’t get any messages, it just wouldn’t connect and update. It was working fine in Safari. Tapatalk started working again about an hour ago.

Yes, it’s now working.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
What are the pros and cons of using Tapatalk.?

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
upgraded tapatalk to a current version today, please let me know if anyone has any issues

etplitt3TS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (MRD)
Marriott Grande Vista (MGV)
Marriott DC Points
Had problems earlier, but fixed since your latest post.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk