• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
After having an ongoing search for more than 2 years, I got a match for a 2 bedroom for next summer at Aulani. I have requested 1 bedroom since there are only 3 of us but got a 2 bedroom match. I never expect it to match and definitely not a 2 bedroom. I don't plan to go back to hawaii next year since we just spent 3.5 weeks on 3 islands this year and we originally want to go back in 2017. Since this is such a difficult match, I confirm the reservation and will try to juggle going to Italy, China and hawaii next summer.
The unit code on the reservation is 289 so should be 2 dedicated bedroom oceanview.

Thanks for Sharing :)
Wow, I hope my summer request comes through. :banana:

wed100105

TUG Member
Reaction score
After having an ongoing search for more than 2 years, I got a match for a 2 bedroom for next summer at Aulani. I have requested 1 bedroom since there are only 3 of us but got a 2 bedroom match. I never expect it to match and definitely not a 2 bedroom. I don't plan to go back to hawaii next year since we just spent 3.5 weeks on 3 islands this year and we originally want to go back in 2017. Since this is such a difficult match, I confirm the reservation and will try to juggle going to Italy, China and hawaii next summer.
The unit code on the reservation is 289 so should be 2 dedicated bedroom oceanview.

Holy cow!!! Thats an awesome trade!

kadija

TUG Member
Reaction score

I have a question, as I am new to exchanging. Since you requested a one bedroom in your search but got a two bedroom, did it cost the amount of points that a one bedroom would be or for a two bedroom?

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have a question, as I am new to exchanging. Since you requested a one bedroom in your search but got a two bedroom, did it cost the amount of points that a one bedroom would be or for a two bedroom?

It costs more point for a 2 bedroom than a 1 bedroom

missyrcrews

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Cold Spring Resort, Acadia Village Resort, Samoset Resort
Smuggs in summer!

I just exchanged my 2 BR sleeps 6 "mud week" (late October) at Cold Spring for a 2 BR sleeps 8 unit at Smugglers' Notch in August 2017. YAY! We've only been there in the off season (April break and Columbus Day weekend) so we can't wait to see what there is to do in the area in the summertime. WAHOO! I think it's an older unit, but we don't really care, as we won't spend much time there anyway. (It's 2 BR 8/4, rather than 8/6.) So excited!:banana:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
forgot to add my own here =)

Marriott Harbour Club Hilton Head (legacy week) got me a Frenchmans Cove trade thru II for my honeymoon last month!

WinniWoman

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
I just exchanged my 2 BR sleeps 6 "mud week" (late October) at Cold Spring for a 2 BR sleeps 8 unit at Smugglers' Notch in August 2017. YAY! We've only been there in the off season (April break and Columbus Day weekend) so we can't wait to see what there is to do in the area in the summertime. WAHOO! I think it's an older unit, but we don't really care, as we won't spend much time there anyway. (It's 2 BR 8/4, rather than 8/6.) So excited!:banana:

That is wonderful! OMG! The summer is awesome up there. So many activities! What building is it? As you said- not that it matters as you will be out most of the time!

We'll be up for a few days for XMAS (rental) and I can't wait! 1st time for XMAS!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That is wonderful! OMG! The summer is awesome up there. So many activities! What building is it? As you said- not that it matters as you will be out most of the time!

We'll be up for a few days for XMAS (rental) and I can't wait! 1st time for XMAS!

Mary Ann...I don't know which building yet. I haven't gotten the 2nd confirmation from RCI that always has the condo assignment. Those typically come in 48 hours or so. The units in Sycamores/Tamaracks/Balsams/Oaks etc are generally 2 BR sleeps 8, private for 6, so I'm thinking the private for 4 means one bath, or an alcove arrangement for some of the beds. It won't really bother us one way or another. We're not picky. So long as it's clean, and everyone has a place to sleep, we're all set. We're most excited about getting to some activities that are closed when we're there. Shelburne Farms is one big one that comes to mind. Anyhow, SCORE another one for timesharing!

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
forgot to add my own here =)

Marriott Harbour Club Hilton Head (legacy week) got me a Frenchmans Cove trade thru II for my honeymoon last month!
HEY BRIAN,
That's a great exchange but more importantly CONGRATULATIONS!!!!!

famy27

TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a match for a one-bedroom at Manhattan Club for Easter (March 25-April 1st). I only placed the OGS request about a month ago, so I was very shocked that this matched.

At 126,000 Wyndham points, this is a great deal.

Unfortunately, we had moved our dates around and booked airfare returning on the 3rd, so I will have to release this. It's still a great match, even if I can't use it :(

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Snagged a thankgiving week for marriott Ko'Olina last month. only problem was that it was snagged 2 weeks from checkin date.

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
SFX - traded a 1BR HIVC Desert Club week 52 Las Vegas for a Manhattan Club Studio July 1-8. None of those RCI daily fees, and I can't wait to see the Macy's fireworks show up close and personal!

John Cummings

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
SFX - traded a 1BR HIVC Desert Club week 52 Las Vegas for a Manhattan Club Studio July 1-8. None of those RCI daily fees, and I can't wait to see the Macy's fireworks show up close and personal!

Congratulations, That is a good one. We love NYC in the summer.

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark

Wow. Great trade! How long did you have to wait to get your trade?

DaveHenry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Key West Galleon Resort for late September

I got a late September 2BR at the Galleon Resort in Key West.
Not as desirable as February, but I'm sure that we'll have a great time!

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Smuggs!

For my parents, I just exchanged an April week at Lakewood in Missouri (really low-demand week) for a 3 BR sleeps 10 unit at Smuggs for Columbus Day! They love it there, so glad that I was able to snag it!

strick

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hawaii!

Two weeks ago traded my 2015 Sheraton Vistana Resort 2BR for December 2016 at Marriott's Ko Olina 1BR to celebrate our 25th anniversary (and added 3 nights at Aulani). Can't wait!

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
For my parents, I just exchanged an April week at Lakewood in Missouri (really low-demand week) for a 3 BR sleeps 10 unit at Smuggs for Columbus Day! They love it there, so glad that I was able to snag it!

Awesome one!

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays

Karenann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Grand Solmar

I was pretty happy to grab a week at Grand Solmar, Cabo San Lucas, in April for an AC which I wasn't even sure I would use. We were at Grand Solmar last year and absolutely loved it. Great food, fabulous service, a walk to marina, and the pools are among the best we've seen. A points exchange came up for Grand Solmar earlier this year for April for 3,000 DCP which we declined. Now we are going on an AC in the same month and still have our points.

missyrcrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Awesome one!

It is. Columbus Day week there is becoming a tradition for them. Dad will turn 85 while they are in New England, so this is most likely their last hurrah. Glad they'll have a nice spot to stay!

SkyBlueWaters

Reaction score

Wow! That is a great trade.

BennyBoy00

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Just scored a 2 bedroom Week 53 (2017/2018) at the Grand Mayan NV using points. I know that's a long ways off, but we're excited.

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
It is. Columbus Day week there is becoming a tradition for them. Dad will turn 85 while they are in New England, so this is most likely their last hurrah. Glad they'll have a nice spot to stay!

That is wonderful. Hope your dad has a great birthday! God Bless him! Columbus Day week is awesome up there.

AwayWeGo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grandview At Las Vegas

[triennial - points]
Currently Have 4 Exchanges Lined Up (3 Via Points + 1 Via Extra Vacation Getaway).

Heading to Vacation Village At Parkway next month (Kissimmee FL) -- 1BR "A" unit which we snagged via RCI special sale on Extra Vacation Getaways.

Going for our 1st time to Myrtle Beach SC in October for a week at Carolina Grande, via straight RCI Points exchange.

We reserved back-to-back Kissimmee FL timeshare weeks for January 2017, both via straight RCI Points exchanges -- checking in Jan. 7 at Wyndham Cypress Palms & Jan. 14 at Magic Tree Resort (2BR units at both resorts).

Is this a great country or what ?

-- Alan Cole, McLean (Fairfax County), Virginia, USA.​