• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Marriott's Village France - Disneyland Paris

Thinking

Reaction score
Just back from a week at this location.

It was our first time staying there and I have to say we were extremely impressed with the resort.

Check-in was relatively painless and they were nice enough to move us to a room closer to the main pool area.

The units themselves are large, 2 story townhome style layouts with a nice back patio and grass yard (in our case). Full size kitchen and your own washer/dryer combo.

We were very happy with the daily tidy-up service we received (not sure if everyone gets that or my Platinum Plus status was involved) --- it was nice to have the beds made, dishes put away and fresh towels provided daily.

The AC in the room worked fantastic --- which is a rare find in Europe!

The fitness room at the resort is a good size and had some very high end machines (each with their own TV).

The main pool was clean and heated -- our kids loved it.

The marketplace does have much of what you would need, but there is a small Carrfour market and other bakeries within walking distance (take a right out of the resort and its a 5-10 min walk).

The staff were very helpful and friendly.

The grounds were very nice -- the kids even enjoyed the playground by the main pool.

I personally liked the patio area in the back -- great for a evening drink and cigar.

Definitely one of our favorite Marriott timeshare locations.

hajjah

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott's Shadow Ridge Enclaves
Resort In Cocoa Beach, FL
Great to hear that you had a wonderful stay. We were there for the first time from March 21-30 in the very first unit, 1001. I have a problem with cats, so they located us at the entrance of the resort and we saw no cats during our stay. Were you able to travel the countryside or visit Disney? We did the tour of Paris and visited Disney on the coldest days. It was around 45 degrees during our first 5 or 6 days, but the weather did get warmer before we left. Now, I'm still dealing with the auto fine I got in the mail a few days ago dating back to March. The fine was lost via the USPS. I did pay the fine online the other day, but still will research if I need to mail back the document. I received some suggestions the other day from some Tuggers.

Thinking

Reaction score
We did go to Disney one day (both parks) -- not impressed at all. Good to see it once - would not go back. Definitely pales in comparison to Orlando (which we did expect).

We did drive around a bit -- day trips to Versailles and Fountainbleu. Also did an overnight trip to see Mont St Michel and Normandy which were great. Spent a night in Paris when we first arrived, so had basically a 1 1/2 to walk around the main Paris highlights.

Very busy trip, but fun.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the report. We're thinking of that resort for 2019. Do you recall if there were sponsored/offered tours to Versailles and/or Fontainebleau? Or would we need to rent a car to visit these places? Thank you!

Pamplemousse

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for the report. We're thinking of that resort for 2019. Do you recall if there were sponsored/offered tours to Versailles and/or Fontainebleau? Or would we need to rent a car to visit these places? Thank you!

I was just there last month. No tour offered from the resort. But you can take the resort shuttle or local bus to the train station and use the metro to get to Versailles.

I wrote a long review of our trip that I would be happy to send you if you are interested.

2disneydads

TUG Member
Reaction score
I was just there last month. No tour offered from the resort. But you can take the resort shuttle or local bus to the train station and use the metro to get to Versailles.

I wrote a long review of our trip that I would be happy to send you if you are interested.
That would be great. Thank you! I think that you can cut and paste it into a private message.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

BirdoInBoston

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Harbor Lake

Rent a car for Fontainbleau.
Versailles take the RER.

One of the better Marriotts that is always quiet when we're there. Our third favorite stop after Aruba and St Thomas (granted, from the US east coast and yet to venture to Hawaii)

reedps

TUG Member
Reaction score

Would you be able to send me your trip report as well? We are planning a trip there next summer. I am compiling all the info I can get! Thank you in advance!!

cttay217

TUG Member
Reaction score
Me too! We just booked a trip for our 10th Anniversary in March 2018.

Bunk

TUG Member
Reaction score
Would you please send us your report also. Looking to go in 2018.
Thank you.

bmul2

Reaction score
This is a fantastic resort. We own EOY at this resort as well as in Aruba. We missed it last cycle but hope to go back in 2019. If you get a car from the airport, then you can see so much countryside to include visits to the Champagne region and some amazing chateaus. The Carrfour has all that you really need in groceries.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Also did an overnight trip to see Mont St Michel and Normandy which were great.
Could you let me know where you stayed overnight and what stops you made along the way? Going to MVF this weekend and hope to visit MSM as well.

stslc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mountainside, MOC Sequel
We did a similar trip to Normandy while at the Marriott. We drove from Paris early and arrived first at the Arromanches 360 and the Musee du Debarquement. We watched the film and visited the museum.
We then worked our way south visiting Omaha Beach and the American Cemetery. Then on to Utah Beach and Pointe du Hoc. These were all very emotional and rewarding. There are lots of little villages along the way to grab a bite and visit shops.
After our beach visits we continued South toward Mt St. Michel(about a 90 min drive. We spent the night at a BnB called the Chambers d’Hotes Fleur de Sel (booked on booking dot com)about 7 miles from MSM. Very affordable, quaint and served a fantastic breakfast. There are lots of small hotels and BnBs in the MSM area.
The next morning we went to MSM and spent a couple hours hiking/climbing around. We then headed to Honfleur for lunch and exploring. Then back to Paris. It was two long days and a lot of driving but one of the best memories of the trip.

Last edited:

Swice

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear good reports about this resort. Of all the Marriott properties we've visited, I still say the staff at this location was the best we have encountered. Granted, I don't "need" help and assistance (and patience) when I'm visiting the beach. But the staff at this location has to function at a higher level of customer interaction -- because many (most?) guests are from outside France and need advice and coaching about everything from grocery stores, bus schedules, train tickets, history information, driving directions and the endless list of tourist attractions.

By the way, this thread prompts me to tell you a quick story:
We all have to be truly grateful that our timeshares have afforded us the opportunity to travel and experience things (like Paris) that many others only dream of. We TUG members are all spoiled to some degree. A reminder of that came to our family last week. Our oldest son is in college and the school Honor's program took a group to Asheville, North Carolina on a fall break trip. The group of students visited The Biltmore House (the largest private home in America) to see the Chihuly exhibit. Our son said he was actually surprised to hear the other students go on and on and on about the Biltmore House and how big it is. He said they couldn't stop repeating they had never seen anything like it. Our son is on the humble side and kept quiet and nodded. He had a grown-up moment as he realized that yes, The Biltmore House is impressive, but he thought about our trip to France where he saw Versailles and Fountainbleu and other more opulent places and realized not everyone has a Marriott timeshare(s).

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We did a similar trip to Normandy while at the Marriott. We drove from Paris early and arrived first at the Arromanches 360 and the Musee du Debarquement. We watched the film and visited the museum.
We then worked our way south visiting Omaha Beach and the American Cemetery. Then on to Utah Beach and Pointe du Hoc. These were all very emotional and rewarding. There are lots of little villages along the way to grab a bite and visit shops.
After our beach visits we continued South toward Mt St. Michel(about a 90 min drive. We spent the night at a BnB called the Chambers d’Hotes Fleur de Sel (booked on booking dot com)about 7 miles from MSM. Very affordable, quaint and served a fantastic breakfast. There are lots of small hotels and BnBs in the MSM area.
The next morning we went to MSM and spent a couple hours hiking/climbing around. We then headed to Honfleur for lunch and exploring. Then back to Paris. It was two long days and a lot of driving but one of the best memories of the trip.
Thank you! I will look into Chambers d’Hotes Fleur de Sel.

lisa3635

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm glad to hear good reports about this resort. Of all the Marriott properties we've visited, I still say the staff at this location was the best we have encountered. Granted, I don't "need" help and assistance (and patience) when I'm visiting the beach. But the staff at this location has to function at a higher level of customer interaction -- because many (most?) guests are from outside France and need advice and coaching about everything from grocery stores, bus schedules, train tickets, history information, driving directions and the endless list of tourist attractions.

I absolutely agree! Best Mvc I’ve been at. My daughter and I went last summer and the activities guy who spoke like 12 languages was amazing and super helpful. They were able to answer all my questions and I knew like less than 10 words of French.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
I have a question about parking. We will have a car but plan to get Navigate cards for Paris access. Is the parking lot at Auchin where the red arrow points to the one we should park? Is there an indoor garage nearby that we can park for free?

Also, what kind of coffee machine is in the unit? Kurig or Nespresso? Plan to bring extra pods as I have these at home.

Attachments

• 5ECB56C2-418F-499E-A653-E1B4532E9A80.jpeg
    5ECB56C2-418F-499E-A653-E1B4532E9A80.jpeg
    63 KB · Views: 37
Last edited: