• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New with questions and looking to buy

hollyl

Reaction score
Hello! We were just at a Westin presentation last weekend and bought a 2 bedroom at the new Westin palm desert Willows. When we returned home, I found this site and was stunned that you could buy at resale so we just sent our cancellation letter. Now we still want to buy but not sure what. We go to Palm Springs area but really want the flexibility to explore other parts of the world, especially Cabo and Atlantis. I like the star options and am not seeing that with the Marriotts so we are leaning towards the Westin but am I missing anything? Would another vacation club be better? Thanks for any input from all you experienced people!

kukenan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Rescind, take your time to learn and review all the systems available, maybe rent some units, if you like, buy resale.

hollyl

Reaction score
Does anybody know if the new Cabo Westin is mandatory?

kukenan

TUG Member
Reaction score
In the link above you can find the list of mandatory resorts:

* Harborside at Atlantis
* Vistana Villages (Bella and Key West phases only)
* Westin St. John (Virgin Grand - Hillside only)
* Westin Ka'anapali & Westin Ka'anapali-North
* Westin Kierland Villas

These resorts will give you Star Options and will cost cheap compared to developer. Lots of information in the program sub forum:

http://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?forums/vistana-signature-experiences-formerly-starwood.51/

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Does anybody know if the new Cabo Westin is mandatory?

I think you got the answer in another thread, No it will not be mandatory.

SO Traders seem to like the Westin Kierland property for reasonable maint fees and good rental potential if you book a spring break / spring baseball week.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
SO Traders seem to like the Westin Kierland property for reasonable maint fees and good rental potential if you book a spring break / spring baseball week.

Or Vistana Villages (Bella and Key West phases only) as a way of acquiring StarOptions with little upfront costs (although higher annual fees).

But OP: please spend sufficient time researching before you buy. Renting is a great way to figure out what really works for you: size of unit, level of amenities, location. And don't worry about how long it takes to decide; prices are not going up.