• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Received email "Important Information from Branson" - legit?

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm afraid that I just fell for a phishing scheme, hacker, or something bad.
I got an email from Wyndham Club & Associates with an important notice and that I had opted in to receive info by email from the timeshare owners associations. I do own in Branson so I did "click here to view an important package", but nothing came up.
When I look at the address in the tray it shows - expresso.nordistechnologies. com....
Has anyone else been contacted like this? And is it legit?
Thanks

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Yes - you probably downloaded a computer virus which now has access to yor computer. I would turn your computer off and unplug it and take it to a trusted computer repair shop to get de-bugged.

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thats what im afraid of - and I'm usually so careful. The part about opting in for email messages got me.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
You should never open a file from an unknown sender, or if it is a known sender, but unexpected.

I hope you are not posting from that computer now.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I don't think the email was from Nordis Technologies.

I think it contained something that used: https://www.nordistechnologies.com/expresso - which is a way of sending files.

What the sender puts in the file determines whether it's good or bad.

fer829

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points (Limited Edition expires 2023)
I got an email from Wyndham Club & Associates with an important notice and that I had opted in to receive info by email from the timeshare owners associations.

I own at Branson Meadows and got a similar message that sounds the same (no longer have it in the email so I don't know exactly how it was addressed). However, the attachment was a pdf document dated September 8 that gave information on how to submit your nomination to the board of directors before the annual meeting.

linpat

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the responses - I own at Branson Meadows also and probably jumped to the wrong conclusion. But with the Equifax hack and everything else, it's not bad to be cautious.

fer829

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham points (Limited Edition expires 2023)
I got an email from Wyndham Club & Associates with an important notice and that I had opted in to receive info by email from the timeshare owners associations. I do own in Branson so I did "click here to view an important package", but nothing came up.
When I look at the address in the tray it shows - expresso.nordistechnologies. com....
Has anyone else been contacted like this? And is it legit?

But with the Equifax hack and everything else, it's not bad to be cautious.

Absolutely agree, clicking on unknown attachments is dangerous. In fact, I was suspicious of the same message and did some investigating before opening it! Vigilance is the name of the game anymore, you did good.