• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Cottages in Shipyard

randster2

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am looking at a 3 bedroom townhouse unit #133 at The Cottages in Shipyard. Spinnaker told me the unit is a free standing cottage, and not connected to other units. Can anyone confirm if The Cottages has free standing units, and if unit #133 is a separate cottage? Thanks.

pedro47

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Please google The Cottages at Shipyard Plantation by Spinnaker and you make the final decision. We have not been to Shipyard Plantation in over ten (10) years. Unit 133 may be a new villa built by Spinnaker and it could be a stand alone villa..

The Cottages as I recalled were very nice and the townhouses were attached to another cottage that was a three (3) bedroom villa. The grounds were very maintain by Spinnaker.

Shipyard Plantation is a gated community with an outstanding security team. Plus they have an awesome tennis courts complex and they have several golf courses on site.

Finally, please go to Spinnaker website and look at the various unit for yourself.
Enjoy your week on HHI.

Last edited:

randster2

TUG Member
Reaction score
The Spinnaker website does not specify if any 3 bedroom townhouses are freestanding units. I was surprised when Spinnaker said unit #133 was a freestanding cottage, and am trying to confirm this information. I am guessing the units are attached, and the Spinnaker rep might have been incorrect.

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at the Cottages and enjoyed the area. A distance from the ocean but enjoyed Shipyard plantation. I only knew of the 3 bedroom townhouses that were connected. There was a resort close that had freestanding cottages at that time was not part of the Cottages?

I am sorry I do not have current info.

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at the Cottages and enjoyed the area. A distance from the ocean but enjoyed Shipyard plantation. I only knew of the 3 bedroom townhouses that were connected. There was a resort close that had freestanding cottages at that time was not part of the Cottages?

I am sorry I do not have current info.

Port 'O" Call resort have some free standing villas. You can check their website and view them.

Janann

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC on the Boulevard, Las Vegas;
Disney's Saratoga Springs
I visited the resort back in 2010, so my information might be too old. Here is what I wrote in the review that I posted:
Beware of the three bedroom units that have a three digit unit number. I discovered upon check-in that these units are in the high rise buildings, and I was very disappointed that we weren’t in a cottage. The cottage three bedroom units all have two digit unit numbers. Our unit had only two bathrooms rather than three. The second bedroom has a queen bed with separate access to the bathroom. The third bedroom with two twin beds is attached to the bathroom.

PGtime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Waterside by Spinnaker,
Cottages at Shipyard
What are the odds... The timeshare we own at The Cottages is number 133 (week 28). It is a 3BR/3BR townhouse configuration with a king bed up and down. The 3rd BR has 2 twins and a bath too. Number 133 is in the last cul-de-sac in the complex in the very back. It is an end of row unit but does share a common wall with a 2 BR/2BA unit. We have not stayed there in many years but unless the rest of the units burned down, it is NOT free standing. None of them are.

The side that is not attached does have a window on that side, which does make it appear more spacious and provide more light. In the gap between this building and the next is a a common area with gas grills, too. So, you do not have to walk far for that. The pool at this resort is in the next cul-de-sac over and is very small. We usually walked an extra block and went to the Egrets Point pool and activity center. This is allowed and encouraged by Spinnaker, since both are Spinnaker properties and the Cottages do not technically have any activities of its own. The activity center (Fusball tables, table tennis, crafts, ice cream socials, etc.) is shared by the 2 resorts.

Paul

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score
hard to get a much better answer than that...from an owner of that very same unit no less! =)