• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Renting destination points

beckster914

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got some good information here last year regarding being able to rent destination points. I am now interested in actually renting some for 2018, and have logged on to the vacation point exchange website, but I only see a few listings. Is this still the website everyone uses, or are there others? How do I know this is legitimate and I won't be scammed out of my money? Would really love to be able to do this, but only if it's safe. Would love some input from experienced point renters. Thanks so much.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
pm sent with a recommendation

Last edited:

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I was on the site last night and it looked pretty barren. I don’t know what’s up. There are always folks wishing to rent their points. I’m sure you’ll get a lot of offers from this thread though. I have successfully rented my points out but I used a broker who found me. He rents them out and takes his share. He uses AIRBNB

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I tried to find the page but couldn’t. Will you please post the link? Thank you

StevenTing

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ads on VPE are only listed for 21 days at a time. This makes sure that there are no stale ads listed. The number of ads will vary based on time of year. There were about 15 active ads about a month ago. I’ve rented out all of my 2018 points and I believe many others have as well.

Clark

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Ocean
Barony Beach Club
I got some good information here last year regarding being able to rent destination points. I am now interested in actually renting some for 2018, and have logged on to the vacation point exchange website, but I only see a few listings. Is this still the website everyone uses, or are there others? .

If you look at the sticky "FAQ MVC DESTINATIONS points programs" you will find both VacationPointExchange.com and Ownertrades.com supporting rentals.

catharsis

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you post an ad on VPE saying that you want to rent points to rent you will likely get responses, I suspect some people do not want to go to the trouble of advertising their points for sale.