• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

We lost to ROFR Can anything be done?

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
Well we knew this was more than likely going to happen. Hyatt exercised their right but I was wondering if there is any other way to get around that? I have heard of people gift in their timeshare deed. Is that an option? Does a gift have to go to a close family member? Any crafty ideas? We are super disappointed

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Not much you can do. Hyatt has basically taken over the contract and will pay the seller the same price as the price you negotiated in the contract. You're out nothing but your time. I advise that you continue shopping on Redweek or TUG, or consider contacting a good realtor who specializes in HRC and go from there.

wilma

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Red Wolf Lakeside Lodge, Hanalei Bay Resort, Sweetbriar Lake tahoe, Marriott Canyon Villas, Hyatt High Sierra, Point at Poipu
Well we knew this was more than likely going to happen. Hyatt exercised their right but I was wondering if there is any other way to get around that? I have heard of people gift in their timeshare deed. Is that an option? Does a gift have to go to a close family member? Any crafty ideas? We are super disappointed

Would you tell us what you were trying to buy?

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I'm mildly surprised that Hyatt exercised ROFR on an EOY contract, but that price is definitely below market.

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I'm mildly surprised that Hyatt exercised ROFR on an EOY contract, but that price is definitely below market.
I feel the same. I thought maybe we had a chance being EEY and it was a Deed that expired in 2095 ( or something like that) but no, they refused it

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
We lost one at Beach Houseto ROFR and tried again for about 900 more. At the time it was an 1880 pt unit but was shortly after upgraded to 2200. We were disappointed but were still happy with the second deal. The price was still decent. Try again, it's worth it

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We lost one at Beach Houseto ROFR and tried again for about 900 more. At the time it was an 1880 pt unit but was shortly after upgraded to 2200. We were disappointed but were still happy with the second deal. The price was still decent. Try again, it's worth it
Was it the same deed or did you try for a completely different one? I’m just wondering if there is anything that can be done on this one? The realtor says it’s nothing can be done.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Was it the same deed or did you try for a completely different one? I’m just wondering if there is anything that can be done on this one? The realtor says it’s nothing can be done.
No Hyatt owns that one now. We bought another unit. Your realtor is correct. Best of luck, there are plenty out there to chose from

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
FWIW

If Hyatt exercises ROFR, the seller has to sign an addendum to complete the sale to Hyatt. If the seller doesn't sign the addendum, the sale does not go to thru - and the seller still owns the unit/week to sell at a later date (and potentially a higher price). The biggest problem for the individual buyer is that pretty much every seller doesn't care who they sell to as they just what to get rid of the TS.