• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Received Interval Trade yesterday for November 3-10 2018 Ko Olina

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a confirmation yesterday for a 2 Bedroom at Ko Olina yesterday for November 3-10 2018. I deposited a 2 Bedroom Aruba Surf Club week in March. This was my first time using Interval and I am so happy to receive a trade a year in advance! Thank you to all on this forum who advised me on how to do this! I also signed up for Eplus, hoping to get a 3 Bedroom! I would love any activity recommendations for this trip. We are a family of 5, 3 kids in their 20s, hoping to do some hiking!

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I received a confirmation yesterday for a 2 Bedroom at Ko Olina yesterday for November 3-10 2018. I deposited a 2 Bedroom Aruba Surf Club week in March. This was my first time using Interval and I am so happy to receive a trade a year in advance! Thank you to all on this forum who advised me on how to do this! I also signed up for Eplus, hoping to get a 3 Bedroom! I would love any activity recommendations for this trip. We are a family of 5, 3 kids in their 20s, hoping to do some hiking!
(I am not sure why I am showing as a guest, I just paid to join the TUG group)

jpc763

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's - Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge Villages & Imperial Palms Villas
You are going to love Ko Olina. Lots of activities around the island. Although Diamond Head is not really a "hike" in the truest extent of the word (stairs, lots of people) it is definitely worth doing!

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Very nice for first time exchange. Ko Olina is a beautiful resort. Have fun.

m61376

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Aruba Surf Club 2 & 3BRs
A stay at Ko'Olina won at a fundraising auction is what made us fall in love with timesharing . We, too, bought in Aruba since it's a long flight, but it's a beautiful resort and we hope to return one day.Enjoy!!

MOXJO7282

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I love II, it always comes through for us. The key is to submit the trade request early. II wants their exchange money so if you give them something of good value I think the trade is very likely and your experience and mine bears that out.

chalee94

TUG Member
Reaction score
(I am not sure why I am showing as a guest, I just paid to join the TUG group)

The advice below was stolen from Denise but should be helpful:

If you paid for your TUG membership, you should have received an email telling you how to change your status to "member." If you don't have the email, click on BBS Help at the top of the page, and scroll all the way down to the last link, for instructions.

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
It is showing that my membership is active, but not recognizing my new user name? I will call the 800 number when I am not working to help walk me through this. Thank you for your help!

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Congratulations on your trade. A year in advance is truly awesome. I myself have a request in for any Hawaii Marriott for a May 2018 week. Still patiently waiting, requested 1 year out and I only need a studio. I am confident it will come through but the bride and groom are anxious. The grooms mother, my best friend is regretting offering her son the honeymoon. It's hard to explain the wait to non timeshare folks.

Hope you have a wonderful time. November is great time to visit the islands. Perfect weather less crowded!

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Mountainside, Worldmark, Ridge Tahoe
We did the Hawaiian Fire Surf School, would highly recommend them.

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Congratulations on your trade. A year in advance is truly awesome. I myself have a request in for any Hawaii Marriott for a May 2018 week. Still patiently waiting, requested 1 year out and I only need a studio. I am confident it will come through but the bride and groom are anxious. The grooms mother, my best friend is regretting offering her son the honeymoon. It's hard to explain the wait to non timeshare folks.

Hope you have a wonderful time. November is great time to visit the islands. Perfect weather less crowded!

I hope you get your trade! Funny, we have talked about doing a Hawaii trade for our son when he gets engaged!

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn

There is always a big Marriott bulk deposit for May at Ko Olina. For timing and details, search the Sightings forum for past sightings, or post there, and I or others can point you to the details.

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
There is always a big Marriott bulk deposit for May at Ko Olina. For timing and details, search the Sightings forum for past sightings, or post there, and I or others can point you to the details.
Thanks so much for the advice. I still need to call the help TUG help line to switch to membership status. (Looks like I can do that on Monday). I never even knew there was a sightings forum!

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Thanks so much for the advice. I still need to call the help TUG help line to switch to membership status. (Looks like I can do that on Monday). I never even knew there was a sightings forum!

I'm so sorry, I meant to respond to your last post about TUG membership but forgot. (I'm moving this week, lots of things on my mind and taking my time.)

Click on this TUG Bulletin Board Help page link, then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "TUG Member shown as 'Guest' on TUGBBS." link under "TUG Membership." It's self-explanatory from there but if anything doesn't work the way it looks like it's supposed to, post here about it and we'll be able to help.

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your help. I checked my emails and I cannot find a code anywhere?? I know I established a new username though when I signed up. I am going to call the 800 number on Monday and have someone walk me through it.

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm so sorry, I meant to respond to your last post about TUG membership but forgot. (I'm moving this week, lots of things on my mind and taking my time.)

Click on this TUG Bulletin Board Help page link, then scroll all the way to the bottom and click on the "TUG Member shown as 'Guest' on TUGBBS." link under "TUG Membership." It's self-explanatory from there but if anything doesn't work the way it looks like it's supposed to, post here about it and we'll be able to help.
Thank you for your help, I am now ArubaEileen!

Last edited by a moderator:

jonsie523

Reaction score

There was a huge deposit for Ko Olina this morning including tons of dates in May, mostly for 2 bedroom units though. Last I checked about 30 mins ago there was only 1 left for May, but tons for January-April. I snagged a 2 bedroom the last week in May. There was also a huge deposit for the Marriott Waiohai a few days ago, but those of course are also 2 bedroom units. I check very early every morning and there’s been tons of really great stuff recently. If you’re not doing manual checks, I highly suggest it.

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
There was a huge deposit for Ko Olina this morning including tons of dates in May, mostly for 2 bedroom units though. Last I checked about 30 mins ago there was only 1 left for May, but tons for January-April. I snagged a 2 bedroom the last week in May. There was also a huge deposit for the Marriott Waiohai a few days ago, but those of course are also 2 bedroom units. I check very early every morning and there’s been tons of really great stuff recently. If you’re not doing manual checks, I highly suggest it.

I have been checking every morning too, but I am looking for October and November 2018 dates only. I am hoping to get a 3 bedroom at Ko Olina, but would possibly trade for Waiohai if a 2 bedroom comes available. Which resort would have more to do for a family with 3 adult kids in their 20's? That's great that you got one in May too!

Last edited by a moderator:

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
l

I got one thanks!!! I had to use my 1 bedroom and then cancel my OGS with my studio, though. The bride and groom are ecstatic and I may be able to sleep through the night until my own wedding this Saturday. I feel a huge weight off my shoulders as the bride and groom were very anxious. 3 nights of no sleep checking II every few hours is more than this bride to be eyes (think drank circles) could take.

I did see the Waiohai and Westin Nanea 2 bedrooms the previous 2 nights but I was really hoping for a studio or 1 bedroom match with my studio. They really didn't need a 2 bedroom and giving up my 1 bedroom means I will need to pay another upgrade fee to get a 1 bedroom but the relief I feel now that it is booked is worth it.

Not sure if I will offer to do this in the future. It is stressful being responsible for someone else's vacation. Especially when they don't understand how exchanging works. They constantly badgered the grooms mom, my best friend, who is going through breast cancer surgery and reconstruction. She in turn would tell me and so it went.

I am done!!! Yeah!

jonsie523

Reaction score
l

I got one thanks!!! I had to use my 1 bedroom and then cancel my OGS with my studio, though. The bride and groom are ecstatic and I may be able to sleep through the night until my own wedding this Saturday. I feel a huge weight off my shoulders as the bride and groom were very anxious. 3 nights of no sleep checking II every few hours is more than this bride to be eyes (think drank circles) could take.

I did see the Waiohai and Westin Nanea 2 bedrooms the previous 2 nights but I was really hoping for a studio or 1 bedroom match with my studio. They really didn't need a 2 bedroom and giving up my 1 bedroom means I will need to pay another upgrade fee to get a 1 bedroom but the relief I feel now that it is booked is worth it.

Not sure if I will offer to do this in the future. It is stressful being responsible for someone else's vacation. Especially when they don't understand how exchanging works. They constantly badgered the grooms mom, my best friend, who is going through breast cancer surgery and reconstruction. She in turn would tell me and so it went.

I am done!!! Yeah!

Congrats! That’s awesome! I can now get some sleep too. I have an obsession with checking II in the middle of the night, but it really messes up my sleep. But, my hard work paid off and I got the Westin Nanea and then a 2 bedroom at Ko Olina for back-to-back weeks!

Congrats on your wedding! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Last edited:

jonsie523

Reaction score
I have been checking every morning too, but I am looking for October and November 2018 dates only. I am hoping to get a 3 bedroom at Ko Olina, but would possibly trade for Waiohai if a 2 bedroom comes available. Which resort would have more to do for a family with 3 adult kids in their 20's? That's great that you got one in May too!

Hmmm...It’s hard to say which resort would have more for 20 year olds. Ko Olina is definitely geared towards families with younger children. It has the lagoons which are perfect for younger kids and is kind of far from the rest of the island, so I wouldn’t say there’s a ton to of things to do at the resort itself for grown children. The Waiohai has a nice beach right there which has some activities.

I personally love Ko Olina the best, but both are very nice resorts. I think Ko Olina has a nicer resort area because it’s very open and has lots of space to walk around. For both you’ll want to get out and explore the island though, because you’ll miss so much if you don’t. If you’re looking for hiking, I’d do Kauai because it has some really beautiful (but intense!) hikes, although Oahu has tons of hiking too. For us, we’ve always been way more active on Kauai and more leisurely on Oahu, but many would disagree. Oahu is more of a bigger city with Honolulu and has highways, whereas Kauai is very rural and has small two-way streets which makes it hard to travel from different parts of the island. They’re both great, but very different experiences. If you can get a 3 bedroom unit at Ko Olina, I’d go there.

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Congrats! That’s awesome! I can now get some sleep too. I have an obsession with checking II in the middle of the night, but it really messes up my sleep. But, my hard work paid off and I got the Westin Nanea and then a 2 bedroom at Ko Olina for back-to-back weeks!

Congrats on your wedding! I hope you have a wonderful day!

Thank you! Off to my own honeymoon on Sunday! 3 weeks in Thailand!

ArubaEileen have you thought about the Marriott in Maui? The location can't be beat, and there is lots to do with in walking distance for the 20 somethings.

ArubaEileen

TUG Member
Reaction score
Yes, I would love to get the Marriott in Maui, but I haven't seen any 2 bedrooms available for October or November. Is the resort in Maui better than Ko Olina? Should I trade if it becomes available? I am so jealous of your honeymoon to Thailand. It is definitely on my bucket list!

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
Yes, I would love to get the Marriott in Maui, but I haven't seen any 2 bedrooms available for October or November. Is the resort in Maui better than Ko Olina? Should I trade if it becomes available? I am so jealous of your honeymoon to Thailand. It is definitely on my bucket list!

I think everyone has their personal favorites. I prefer the Maui Marriott to Ko Olina hands down. Others here will disagree. They are all very nice resorts and any one of them is better than not going at all!

Oahu is just not my favorite island. Love Maui, love Kauai either would be a top pick for me personally.