• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Update

BCIRIS

TUG Member
Reaction score
My family is heading to Vistana Villages Saturday. I got a phone call today verifying some info to confirm me. As a part of that call they laid the groundwork for the owner update they are goi g to try to schedule us for. Any idea what the offer is for attending? Is there ever any good info? They are claiming this is part two to discuss the Vistana purchase.

wtrjock

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin Kaanapali South
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
Sheraton Vistana Villages Keywest
You usually get 6500 SPG points for going to an update. They will try to pressure you into the Sheraton Flex program. I don't think it is a good deal, but YMMV.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
It is a straight up SALES presentation, and they will try to get you to convert your deeded weeks to FlexOptions.

Don't do it! It's more expensive and is not a good value.

Also - FlexOptions are voluntary - which means they have no resale value, because the Staroption don't transfer when you resale them.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
I usually skip all owners update in svv and svr. Just because the value of the $100 credit is useless since we never buy anything at the resort.

crisby

TUG Member
Reaction score
We attended the update at SVV last month. They mainly pushed the Flex program and we managed to get out in 90 minutes (versus the 75 minutes they promised), and we received a $100 Darden gift card. We ordered takeout from Olive Garden which lasted for two days of meals at our timeshare, and there was enough left on the card for us to have lunch at a steakhouse on our drive home. Worth the time.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
I usually skip all owners update in svv and svr. Just because the value of the $100 credit is useless since we never buy anything at the resort.

My sentiments exactly - plus the staff at VV is just plain RUDE. I always figured since the VSE HQ is a short distance away, they send all the sales-people-in-training to VV and VR, and they are fresh out of school OBNOXIOUS

Last edited:

K&PFitz

TUG Member
Reaction score
We received a $100 visa gift card in October, usable anywhere. Don't go. The presentation was the beginning of a nightmare for us, resolved with the help of TUG, as I've related in an older thread.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had mixed experiences, but I agree they are mostly rude.

Now days, I only go when I have nothing better to do or when I want to mess with them...Yes, you read that right, when I want to mess with them...there is not much they can sell me and they know it as soon as they know how many units and SOs I own. They don't even know about my MVC and HGVC VOIs...

I will say, my worst experience ever was at SBP...not including one presentation I attended at Flamingos in PVR.

YYJMSP

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have had mixed experiences, but I agree they are mostly rude.

Now days, I only go when I have nothing better to do or when I want to mess with them...Yes, you read that right, when I want to mess with them...there is not much they can sell me and they know it as soon as they know how many units and SOs I own. They don't even know about my MVC and HGVC VOIs...

I will say, my worst experience ever was at SBP...not including one presentation I attended at Flamingos in PVR.

we sick our 14yrs old on them during the update and she happily looks at the pictures on the screen and in the books and let's them know "stayed there, saw that" and how the system really works...

and they pay us to watch!

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nice.