• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Member Website

Sapper

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Email from Hyatt:

74bbb5de-03f4-4641-9ae7-03f9ec6e57bf.png

Hyatt Residence Club membership is about collecting travel experiences you can share with friends and family — memories you’ll hold onto for the rest of your life.

We're excited to tell you about some new enhancements that will literally put the resources at your fingertips to create a shelf lined with cherished travel photographs and mementos.

New Member Website - Available Now!

The new Member website will do everything your old website did — and more. It's now even easier to manage your membership and plan a trip online.

• Fixed week? Float points? Our Member Services representatives’ expertise is baked in, so membership rules become transparent.
  • Our new search tools are both more powerful and easier to use.
  • Notifications every time you sign on will help you track your point balances and account timelines.
  • Our responsive, interactive design is easy and enjoyable to use whether you’re at your desk, on your laptop or browsing from your smartphone.
  • We're incorporating industry-standard security, because we know your online privacy is of paramount importance.

Ready to experience the new Member website?
To get started, visit clubhouse.hyattresidenceclub.com today.

We know change can be difficult so we've created a Member Website User's Guideto help guide you through the new website. We will be updating this resource regularly, because we already have a steady stream of upgrades and additional features in the works.

New Exchange Reservation Option

We're also pleased to announce a new Club-to-Club Exchange program that expands travel options for Hyatt Residence Club members into Portfolio Program Resorts.

• Use your Club Points to reserve stays of one night, 30 nights, or any number in between — or post your preferred travel dates to a request list and receive automatic confirmation when your reservation becomes available.

• Make reservations as early as six months before your requested arrival date (or as late as one day before) at nine Portfolio Program Resorts:

• Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Sunset Harbor
  • Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Windward Pointe
  • Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Beach House
  • Hyatt Residence Club Lake Tahoe, High Sierra Lodge
  • Hyatt Residence Club Carmel, Highlands Inn
  • Hyatt Residence Club Bonita Springs, Coconut Plantation
  • Hyatt Residence Club Sedona, Piñon Pointe
  • Hyatt Residence Club Grand Aspen
  • Hyatt Residence Club San Antonio, Wild Oak Ranch

These reservations can be made on the new Member website, or by calling Member Services toll-free at +1 800.GO.HYATT, starting six months before your arrival date.

Please be aware that Club-to-Club Exchange Reservations are subject to the Portfolio Program's reservation, transaction, and cancellation fees and policies, including a $60 housekeeping fee payable at the resort upon departure.

We Love Hearing From You

It’s always our pleasure to talk with you about your travel dreams — whether they’re about relaxation, adventure, or family togetherness — and help you use your membership to turn them into reality.

Email us with your questions at info@hyattresidenceclub.com or call us at +1 800.GO.HYATT.

Last edited:

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
So, they have snuck in a $60 "house keeping fee" at the bottom.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Pinon Pointe, Hyatt Beach House, Westin Kierland
Both websites are working now. It is nice to be able to search for 4 day, and 7 days in one search. Still not as user friendly as Vistana but I will need to play around with it

scsu_hockey_fan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Email from Hyatt:

74bbb5de-03f4-4641-9ae7-03f9ec6e57bf.png

Hyatt Residence Club membership is about collecting travel experiences you can share with friends and family — memories you’ll hold onto for the rest of your life.

We're excited to tell you about some new enhancements that will literally put the resources at your fingertips to create a shelf lined with cherished travel photographs and mementos.

New Member Website - Available Now!

The new Member website will do everything your old website did — and more. It's now even easier to manage your membership and plan a trip online.

• Fixed week? Float points? Our Member Services representatives’ expertise is baked in, so membership rules become transparent.
  • Our new search tools are both more powerful and easier to use.
  • Notifications every time you sign on will help you track your point balances and account timelines.
  • Our responsive, interactive design is easy and enjoyable to use whether you’re at your desk, on your laptop or browsing from your smartphone.
  • We're incorporating industry-standard security, because we know your online privacy is of paramount importance.

Ready to experience the new Member website?
To get started, visit clubhouse.hyattresidenceclub.com today.

We know change can be difficult so we've created a Member Website User's Guideto help guide you through the new website. We will be updating this resource regularly, because we already have a steady stream of upgrades and additional features in the works.

We're also pleased to announce a new Club-to-Club Exchange program that expands travel options for Hyatt Residence Club members into Portfolio Program Resorts.

• Use your Club Points to reserve stays of one night, 30 nights, or any number in between — or post your preferred travel dates to a request list and receive automatic confirmation when your reservation becomes available.

• Make reservations as early as six months before your requested arrival date (or as late as one day before) at nine Portfolio Program Resorts:

• Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Sunset Harbor
  • Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Windward Pointe
  • Hyatt Residence Club Key West, Beach House
  • Hyatt Residence Club Lake Tahoe, High Sierra Lodge
  • Hyatt Residence Club Carmel, Highlands Inn
  • Hyatt Residence Club Bonita Springs, Coconut Plantation
  • Hyatt Residence Club Sedona, Piñon Pointe
  • Hyatt Residence Club Grand Aspen
  • Hyatt Residence Club San Antonio, Wild Oak Ranch

These reservations can be made on the new Member website, or by calling Member Services toll-free at +1 800.GO.HYATT, starting six months before your arrival date.

Please be aware that Club-to-Club Exchange Reservations are subject to the Portfolio Program's reservation, transaction, and cancellation fees and policies, including a $60 housekeeping fee payable at the resort upon departure.

We Love Hearing From You

It’s always our pleasure to talk with you about your travel dreams — whether they’re about relaxation, adventure, or family togetherness — and help you use your membership to turn them into reality.

Email us with your questions at info@hyattresidenceclub.com or call us at +1 800.GO.HYATT.[/QU
So, they have snuck in a $60 "house keeping fee" at the bottom.
It
Both websites are working now. It is nice to be able to search for 4 day, and 7 days in one search. Still not as user friendly as Vistana but I will need to play around with it
It looks like they did a nice job with it. The big question will be do new resale owners get the opportunity to exchange into the portfolio club and if so at what cost if any.?? As in like a one time enrollment fee to add that function or a yearly fee to do so?

Last edited:

bdh

TUG Member
Reaction score
The new website home page has a much nicer looking appearance than the old. At first blush when it comes to navigating the site, expect it may be easier for single contract owners to use - however is more challenging for multi contract owners (the new grid view format is much harder to read than the older list view format).

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Oh, I love it! For me, the navigation of the new site is a huge improvement. I really like the search function, which is much easier and less clunky than the old site. I compare the site favorably now to the Hilton Grand Vacations Club site, which is top notch. Nice going, Hyatt Residence Club!

I do have one nit to pick: when doing a reservation search, both HRP and HRC availability pops up together and intermixed. Couldn't Hyatt have segregated the two? Or, if they have to mix them, couldn't they have given each a different header color instead of all of them having the same turquoise colored header? It would have made it a lot easier to sort through depending on one's membership.

IslandTime

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Sunset Harbor
How the heck do you log out of it??

Never mind, I found it. I was in too much of a hurry, I guess. :)

maizeandblue

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does anyone else think the new password requirements suck. I bet Hyatt is going to be mad when the calls for password resets increase. You cant use more than 3 letters of any word in the dictionary.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
It

It looks like they did a nice job with it. The big question will be do new resale owners get the opportunity to exchange into the portfolio club and if so at what cost if any.?? As in like a one time enrollment fee to add that function or a yearly fee to do so?

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
In reading the flyer from Hyatt they are giving HRC members the "opportunity" to trade into 9 Portfolio program resorts. Big deal! These are resorts that we have had access to all along. They took weeks from our Club and are now giving us the opportunity to book those weeks at a higher cost to us. I really resent the HRC being diluted in this manner. All they've done is reduce the HRC inventory and have given nothing of value in return.

Sapper

TUG Member
Reaction score
In reading the flyer from Hyatt they are giving HRC members the "opportunity" to trade into 9 Portfolio program resorts. Big deal! These are resorts that we have had access to all along. They took weeks from our Club and are now giving us the opportunity to book those weeks at a higher cost to us. I really resent the HRC being diluted in this manner. All they've done is reduce the HRC inventory and have given nothing of value in return.

My understanding is they only moved unsold units and ROFR units over to the points program. If the unsold units were never in the HRC inventory to rent, then the only reduced inventory to HRC members would be units taken through ROFR. If, however, you are correct that they are taking HRC units in order to bolster the points program at the expense of HRC, then I would agree Hyatt is exercising unethical behavior.

lizap

TUG Member
Reaction score
My understanding is they only moved unsold units and ROFR units over to the points program. If the unsold units were never in the HRC inventory to rent, then the only reduced inventory to HRC members would be units taken through ROFR. If, however, you are correct that they are taking HRC units in order to bolster the points program at the expense of HRC, then I would agree Hyatt is exercising unethical behavior.

This is my understanding as well, but I'd like to get Kal's perspective.

Kal

TUG Member
Reaction score
This is my understanding as well, but I'd like to get Kal's perspective.
When Hyatt takes a unit on ROFR, they are looking to sell the unit at their retail price $$$$. Since Hyatt no longer sells units that option is off the table. OR, they are taking the unit to increase the inventory for HPP. Thus, in doing so, they are decreasing the available HRC inventory and indeed doing harm to existing owners.

For Hyatt's bottom line, if they have a large inventory of HPP units, and there are few if any HPP buyers, Hyatt will be sitting on the sales asset value of the unused HPP inventory. Let's see how many units Hyatt is taking on ROFR and that will tell the story of HPP success.

ocjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Residence Club Incline Village (Lake Tahoe)
Vidanta Kingdom of the Sun (maybe, someday), Grand Luxxe now
Sorry to be a newbie - but can anyone explain how this is any different from what we had already? (Quoting their email "

• Make reservations as early as six months before your requested arrival date (or as late as one day before) at nine Portfolio Program Resorts:"

Lingber

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Coconut Plantation, Hyatt Sunset Harbor
I have the same question as ocjohn. Also it says we can now book at 6 months out. We used to book 1 year out. I'm confused.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Right now we can make stays of 2 3,4 or 7 nights. With portfolio you can reserve 1 night 5 night or 6 night stays. Not worth all the money it costs to upgrade. We bought Ventana on resale and we can reserve any number of nights 8 mos out no extra portfolio price to do it.

heathpack

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra and Highland Inn
Disney’s Grand Californian and Hilton Head Island
Marriott Barony Beach and Mountainside
MVC Points
Sheraton Broadway Plantation
I can't see any summary of fees anywhere. There is a new points chart for Pure Points reservations, maybe the "cost" of exchanging into Pure Points is bundled into that. I'll have to really take a hard look.

I got a little excited because the rules talk about offering you the opportunity to borrow points. Tried to go in and make a three night 2BR Carmel reservation to tack onto a 4 night 2BR existing reservation, hoping it would give me the option to borrow points (I don't have enough right now). Nope. I think they're just referring to the old option to borrow points 60 days out. However, its sees Pure Points has a lot of Carmel inventory, so maybe the reservation I want in mid-March will still be there within 60 days of my trip. We'll see.

ocjohn

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Residence Club Ka'anapali Beach
Hyatt Residence Club Incline Village (Lake Tahoe)
Vidanta Kingdom of the Sun (maybe, someday), Grand Luxxe now
So I've been searching around a bit. Single nights using the Portfolio Program cost as little as 35 - 70 "points". A Diamond Week (2000 points) works out to 286 points per night using Hyatt Residence Club. So if any of us in HRC found a portfolio stay we wanted- does anyone know how we'd convert HRC points to portfolio points, and how they'd convert? It can't be one portfolio point = 1 HRC point??

dagger1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch, Hyatt Main Street Station, Hyatt Ka’anapali; Marriott Ko’Olina, Marriott Waiohai; Marriott Maui Ocean Club; Wyndham CWA points, Worldmark credits.
One of the HRC weeks we own is a 2/2 EOYO Week 15 at HWOR. The new website shows HRPP as 4/9/2020 for use in April of 2021. I called and had to give the (very nice) Hyatt representative my username and password so she could see what I was seeing. After being placed on hold, she confirmed that HRPP for this week is in April 2018 for use in April 2019. She said they have no idea why the new website shows first use in 2021.
The new website looks like it was created by the same folks who created Wyndham’s new website, lots of wasted space with huge photos. And incorrect weeks info...

stover33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Guess I'm in the minority but I think the new site is terrible. Too many giant pictures, giant fonts, and popups. Very very hard to navigate. Could not for the life of me find the sign-out button. Was about to give up and then I found it. The "user guide" to the new web site is 58 pages long! Techies had to have written it. Seems designed to sell you ("inspire you" in sales-speak) on a vacation instead of allowing you to easily navigate your membership. I don't want or need all the ads for Interval resorts or Hyatt hotels.

I must admit I do not understand the portfolio program at all or what I am supposed to do if a unit comes up that is a Portfolio unit. Can I reserve it or not? At what cost? Extremely confusing.

stover33

TUG Member
Reaction score
Right now we can make stays of 2 3,4 or 7 nights. With portfolio you can reserve 1 night 5 night or 6 night stays. Not worth all the money it costs to upgrade. We bought Ventana on resale and we can reserve any number of nights 8 mos out no extra portfolio price to do it.

Yes but do you need to upgrade to reserve portfolio units? I don't see anything that says you have to. I suppose this is a temporary "freebie" they are giving HRC members? At any rate the Clubhouse User guide states (p.28):

"Please be aware that Portfolio Program Exchange reservations will be subject to the Portfolio Program’s
reservation and cancellation fee policies, including a $60 housekeeping fee payable to the resort upon
departure."

But I have no idea what the Portfolio program's reservation and cancellation fee policies are, or how (or if) they differ from HRC fees and policies.

ivywag

TUG Member
Reaction score
I, also, find the new website to be slow to navigate. If you want to search all resorts for a period of time, it takes forever to scroll through all of those pictures! Too much repetition of pics! It was much easier and faster to look at the list on the old site. I wonder if the points folks can reserve HRC units? It surely would be nice if we had the details of all of this.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
I wonder if the points folks can reserve HRC units? It surely would be nice if we had the details of all of this.
No, the "points folks"--or owners of the HRP--cannot reserve units listed within HRC, or vice versa (unless HRC owners are also points owners). That's why the new site shows availability under both programs. It might be simpler, of course, for owners to be able to search only their specific type of ownership--but I that would not only make the building of the new site more difficult, it would also not allow HRC owners to see what they're missing by not being HRP owners as well. There is definitely some subtle salesmanship embedded in the design of the new site.

Tucsonadventurer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
No, the "points folks"--or owners of the HRP--cannot reserve units listed within HRC, or vice versa (unless HRC owners are also points owners). That's why the new site shows availability under both programs. It might be simpler, of course, for owners to be able to search only their specific type of ownership--but I that would not only make the building of the new site more difficult, it would also not allow HRC owners to see what they're missing by not being HRP owners as well. There is definitely some subtle salesmanship embedded in the design of the new site.
Well said!