• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

What's your current opinion of the "new" website?

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Back in August I asked for members to provide a list of problems/concerns with the newly revamped website. I would like to see where we stand now. Would you be so gracious as to update us with your current list of problems/concerns? Also, feel free to list any improvements that you like.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Besides getting locked out my only problem is there are no dares available until after the first of April for the florida panhandle and when 2 openings occur you must book 3 appears.

MartinK

Reaction score
The map feature sucks. Used to be able to go to a location and see where the resorts were all located. Take Kawaii, Hawaii, for example. There are 8 resorts in 3 or 4 main locations on that island, quite a distance apart. Now the map shows all 8 in one large clump and you have no way of knowing where exactly those resorts are located unless you do further digging ON EACH RESORT, INDIVIDUALLY. Why oh why would Wyndham think this is an improvement? Its like this for any location with multiple resorts.

capital city

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Panama City 520k

Club Access 801k
I'm now locked out for the 4th time and it says nothing here to see but greens when I try to reregister. If I was Wyndhams IT guy I would jump off a bridge.

Jimag

TUG Member
Reaction score
The map feature sucks. Used to be able to go to a location and see where the resorts were all located. Take Kawaii, Hawaii, for example. There are 8 resorts in 3 or 4 main locations on that island, quite a distance apart. Now the map shows all 8 in one large clump and you have no way of knowing where exactly those resorts are located unless you do further digging ON EACH RESORT, INDIVIDUALLY. Why oh why would Wyndham think this is an improvement? Its like this for any location with multiple resorts.
Let's hope it's a temporary glitch. When the new Website rolled-out, I was able to use the map without problem. Then it became flaky and then useless. So I know it can work effectively. Let's hope they have some IT folks working on it as I type. Jim

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
inventory has been glitchy.

Search is improved but still not as powerful as previous version

Auto upgrade for VIP - Never seen it work, instant upgrade at time of booking yes that works, but auto NOT seen it happen when it should as units are available.

erniecrews

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Desert Blue
Wyndham Presidential Reserve Smugglers Notch
Hilton Las Vegas
I still have a problem with the search, the most important factor. I also believe by elimating split reservations it leaves a lot of orphan single nights. What do I like? The pretty pictures.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
This morning, I noticed a 2-BR unit for the dates I had previously booked a 1 BR unit, so I called the VIP hotline to see why I had not received the auto upgrade. She told me there was a glitch in the system (Oh, really! Surely not!). I asked if she could go ahead and upgrade me from the 1 BR to the 2 BR since it was available online. She said, "No", because someone else was in line ahead of me to receive the upgrade. It just had not been processed, yet. She said it's the only 2 BR available for those dates. I said, "OK, but the 2 BR unit shows that it's available online, so can I book it". She said, "Yes, but you'll have to pay the points of a 2 BR unit". (Are we having fun, yet???)

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
This morning, I noticed a 2-BR unit for the dates I had previously booked a 1 BR unit, so I called the VIP hotline to see why I had not received the auto upgrade. She told me there was a glitch in the system (Oh, really! Surely not!). I asked if she could go ahead and upgrade me from the 1 BR to the 2 BR since it was available online. She said, "No", because someone else was in line ahead of me to receive the upgrade. It just had not been processed, yet. She said it's the only 2 BR available for those dates. I said, "OK, but the 2 BR unit shows that it's available online, so can I book it". She said, "Yes, but you'll have to pay the points of a 2 BR unit". (Are we having fun, yet???)
The delay in the auto-upgrade is very annoying. I have received three or four auto-upgrades. But I have always noticed the larger room is out there on the web site just waiting for someone to scoop it up before I get the auto-upgrade.
Perhaps the auto-upgrades run at midnight as a one time thing?
If I see both the smaller unit and larger unit, I go ahead a book again to get an instant upgrade. Then I cancel out the original booking the next day after I get the new confirmation.
Seems like a waste of time and resources to cause this.

north

TUG Member
Reaction score
The delay in the auto-upgrade is very annoying. I have received three or four auto-upgrades. But I have always noticed the larger room is out there on the web site just waiting for someone to scoop it up before I get the auto-upgrade.
Perhaps the auto-upgrades run at midnight as a one time thing?
If I see both the smaller unit and larger unit, I go ahead a book again to get an instant upgrade. Then I cancel out the original booking the next day after I get the new confirmation.
Seems like a waste of time and resources to cause this.

I don't know if the auto-upgrade has a delay or if someone is making them manually. I have the same experience as you. I can book the upgrade as a new reservation, but my existing reservation is not upgraded. A few days ago, I all of a sudden received an auto-upgrade to a 4 BR Presidental at Bonnet Creek for the end of December, and there was no availability on the web site for those dates. I had made the booking at the end of October with a VIP discount, so you don't have to book a year ahead to get an upgrade when the system is as random as it is at the moment. I never received an e-mail, just noticed the upgrade on the website.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
In May I made a reservation for the Mountains at Lake Lure for mid October which was always hard to get but did have a one bedroom with upgrade request. Two weeks before got a two bedroom with loft. In March I had a one bedroom booked in January but no upgrade I believe because I had booked a handicapped one bedroom unit

jwalk03

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm now locked out for the 4th time and it says nothing here to see but greens when I try to reregister. If I was Wyndhams IT guy I would jump off a bridge.

Ditto this. I am locked out more than it works. I opened my most recent ticket 10 days ago getting the same issue as the last one. They finally called me back yesterday to tell me it was resolved and to "walk me through how to register properly". Guess What?? Still doesn't work, so they have re-opened the ticket again. Customer Care hung up on me 3 separate times yesterday as I was arguing with them about it still not working.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Overall, very disappointed. Very little progress since May. I think most of us are learning to deal with things and trying to minimize calls to WYN. Only call when we have to (like when you can't log in).

There is a short list of things I like, there is a long list of things I don't. Communication with WYN - nonexistent.

DeeDibble

TUG Member
Reaction score
I absolutely detest it! I can get around ok but it is cumbersome! I still believe it was built to favor Wyndham and not favor owners. I am still very angry that we can’t get discounts like we use to as well.

littlestar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club, Marriott & Wyndham pts
It is very "clunky." I miss the old website. The new website's oversize graphics are distracting to look at.

cayman01

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bali Hai, Shearwater
The inventory issues have driven me to drink. I can't stand them anymore. The search feature is a little better but still garbage in comparison to the previous one. The site itself is slooooowwwwwww. Too many pictures and I am tired of having to scroll and scroll and scroll. Very poorly conceived and executed.

On a side note I went to an update for a gift. $125 Amex at BC. Senior salesperson had no idea about the upgrade problem. Said I was mistaken. We argued for fifteen minutes about it. When I finally got thru to him what was happening he said there was no way that was happening. It must be an isolated incident. I told him that is why owners are so pissed off. Wyndham doesn't listen to them. They think WE are making the mistakes and they are infallible. Until that attitude changes nothing with the website changes.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The inventory issues have driven me to drink. I can't stand them anymore. The search feature is a little better but still garbage in comparison to the previous one. The site itself is slooooowwwwwww. Too many pictures and I am tired of having to scroll and scroll and scroll. Very poorly conceived and executed.

On a side note I went to an update for a gift. $125 Amex at BC. Senior salesperson had no idea about the upgrade problem. Said I was mistaken. We argued for fifteen minutes about it. When I finally got thru to him what was happening he said there was no way that was happening. It must be an isolated incident. I told him that is why owners are so pissed off. Wyndham doesn't listen to them. They think WE are making the mistakes and they are infallible. Until that attitude changes nothing with the website changes.
Probably you bought resale or CWA that don't have those things available anymore since the Trust voted out of CWA that upset the great website like I am still enjoying. No huge pictures and problems with upgrades as SILVER VIP.

steve_solo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Pet peeves on new website design
- can't get rid of the huge notification boxes (like "local area may have construction"). I should be able to X it out for the rest of the session but it comes back over and over. Poor website design.
- the Modify search function is funky. Sometimes it remembers the dates, but usually not. If the location isn't typed in again, it won't allow a search until it is. This should not be so difficult to fix. Hire some google engineer/designers.
- the old map was great, except it depended on Adobe Flash. The new map still stinks for browsing all the resorts and searching them for availability.
- an option to turn off the dumb pictures would be great, and it would speed up the navigation.

Silverdollar

TUG Member
Reaction score
Search functions are clunky and cumbersome. Even with improvements, it still takes a lot longer time to search than the old website. Auto upgrade feature doesn’t work consistently. Many resorts don’t have room layouts posted on the site. I don’t consistently receive email confirmations of my bookings and cancellations; it’s “hit and miss”. Inventory is non-existent at resorts that usually has plenty availability. I’m consistently hearing of owners being locked out and taking days, if not weeks, to gain access again. The website is unreliable.

Are you experiencing these issues? Are you having other issues not mentioned so far?

JerseyDeb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wonder how the renters/mega renters are holding up under the new website now that time has passed from the problems of 2016/early and mid 2017.

JerseyDeb

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham Access
We got suckered into an owner's update at BC back in May. Same bad attitude. Kept saying we just needed to get used to the new website. Would not listen to any negative observations. Plus they lied to our face about not being able to combine CWA and CWP points even at 10 months out in a blatant attempt to get us to buy more CWA points and transfer all our point to Access. The worst update I have attended yet!

There are some minor improvements since the initial roll out. But I hate that it is nearly impossible find room layouts on the new site. Why are they not available on my owner site but I can often find an actual room plan for the same resort on Extra Holidays?? I also hate not being able to search "next available" like you could on the old site. The new calendar search is terrible because it shows availability on a bunch of days but when you try and book it turns out you can't string together a stay because the availability is not there for the same room type on consecutive days. Come on guys, if I am looking ahead to see when I can find availability, why not show me when I can actually book a number of days in the same unit. Your old system was smart enough to do that!!

Avislo

TUG Member
Reaction score
The comment on being able to combine CWA and Club Wyndham Plus points at 10 months and under may or may not be in progress. I do not know what is causing Wyndham to with hold inventory even if weather problems at some resorts is taken into account. Time will tell, hopefully after the 1st of the year we will know.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The comment on being able to combine CWA and Club Wyndham Plus points at 10 months and under may or may not be in progress. I do not know what is causing Wyndham to with hold inventory even if weather problems at some resorts is taken into account. Time will tell, hopefully after the 1st of the year we will know.
Yes, time will tell. Looking forward to more changes coming soon.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I wonder how the renters/mega renters are holding up under the new website now that time has passed from the problems of 2016/early and mid 2017.
Yes, I did well in renting some of my prime points and getting my discounts and upgrades all year.