• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2017 ] Harborside Atlantis Question [Occupancy change & rollaways gone]

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
If anybody who has been impacted by the occupancy changes cares to go a legal route, I’ve done a little legwork for you. Interval mentions a pending legal matter in its annual report, where the owners of Fifth and Fifty-Fifth Residence Club are suing it (plus Marriott/Starwood/Vistana). The lawyers representing the owners in that case are Langone Batson & Lavery. A firm that is already familiar with timeshares and Vistana/ILG is probably a good place to start.

If this piques the lawyers' interest, you can point them to this dispute at HRA. This might be a little meatier for a class action lawyer, as the violation of the access deed has been going on for years.

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Let me just add, that I hate that I now own a timeshare with a sleazy timeshare company. The BS that Interval has pulled since taking over is exactly what gave timeshares a bad name back-in-the-day. Unilateral decisions that harm owners and benefit the management company are exactly what those nasty developers did back in the 70s/80s.

I feel sorry for the on-site management at HRA having to deal with this. They do what our Vistana-appointed board members tell them to. And then they make the nice Bahamian folks send us a contrived reason. And the denial of that fact that, since inception, 5 were allowed in the premiums (and got Atlantis wristbands) is just-so timeshare-salesmen of them. Disgusting.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
BTW - Same email came from SVR...

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Dear Mr Helios,

In an effort to maintain the quality of our villas, Sheraton Vistana Resort will no longer offer rollaway beds, as of January 1, 2018. The resort's homeowners association boards have opted to discontinue this service to avoid incurring additional related maintenance costs in keeping our villa walls and interiors in top condition for all of our Owners and Guests.

As you consider your sleeping accommodations, please note that this does not affect the maximum occupancy of the villas, including up to 2 adults on any sleeper sofa. Additionally, we will continue to provide cribs upon request when available.

Please refer to your reservation confirmation for the maximum occupancy of the villa you’ve selected for your upcoming stay. We look forward to welcoming you upon arrival for a fun, relaxing vacation in Orlando.

Sincerely,
glen-vlasic.png

GLEN VLASIC
General Manager, Sheraton Vistana Resort

I guess this may end up being system wide...I feel bad for all the drywallers and painters...:eek:...no more business from Vistana...

lynnetoland

Reaction score
We bought our Premium One Bedroom unit at Harborside in 2010 as a family of five. Full price. We went to the presentation, all five of us and were recommended to buy this size unit. Our contract states Five persons occupancy (not 4) . We have used it with a rollaway with 5 people without issue the past 6 years. I can't help but feeling duped.

Last edited:

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Vistana has violated terms before (implementing a guest confirmation fee for home resort reservations.) When Tuggers brought this to Vistana's attention, they had to back down.

Everyone who has a contract or other documentation showing that the premier 1bdm. sleeps 5, should scan it and send it to:

Suzanne Clark, Vice President Owner Services at Vistana Signature Experiences:

Linked: https://www.linkedin.com/in/suzanne-clark-7786852/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/suzanne.clark.357

Vistana Email: suzanne.clark@vistana.com

Last edited:

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Everyone who has a contract or other documentation showing that the premier 1bdm. sleeps 5, should scan it and send it to:

Suzanne Clark, Vice President Owner Services at Vistana Signature Experiences:

Linked: https://www.linkedin.com/in/suzanne-clark-7786852/

Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/suzanne.clark.357

Vistana Email: suzanne.clark@vistana.com
I own the smaller 1 BR, but I found the document (I've redacted my information) below in my purchase documents. I hope somebody who bought a premium 1 BR can find this, and it says maximum occupancy of 5.

HRABuy.jpg

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
I own in phase one and the one bedroom premium is so much larger than in phase two--we have gotten a rollaway every year since we bought in 2001--it fits perfectly in the bedroom on the outside wall--it blocks the exit door from the master but seriously who even needs that door. This is really outrageous and what is going to happen is that owners are going to start bringing aero beds--the sleep sofas are so awful that even for one person they suck. as to the wrist bands if you aren't going to use aquaventure all at once all you need to do is show your room key to get to the Atlantis property--
We own at Marriott and they have great sofa beds with foam type mattresses. They are worried about the walls but not exterior the doors that allow air to get in and or out--wasting serious amounts of CAC. And what other resort charges for internet? We need to use this group and raise hell! I love it there and it is an easy trip for me with direct flights to BWI but at some point we need to all say we have had enough.

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
I own in phase one and the one bedroom premium is so much larger than in phase two--we have gotten a rollaway every year since we bought in 2001--it fits perfectly in the bedroom on the outside wall--it blocks the exit door from the master but seriously who even needs that door. This is really outrageous and what is going to happen is that owners are going to start bringing aero beds--the sleep sofas are so awful that even for one person they suck. as to the wrist bands if you aren't going to use aquaventure all at once all you need to do is show your room key to get to the Atlantis property--
We own at Marriott and they have great sofa beds with foam type mattresses. They are worried about the walls but not exterior the doors that allow air to get in and or out--wasting serious amounts of CAC. And what other resort charges for internet? We need to use this group and raise hell! I love it there and it is an easy trip for me with direct flights to BWI but at some point we need to all say we have had enough.

PamMo

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got a response from Vistana (below) regarding discontinuing the availability of rollaway beds in the larger 1BR's at Harborside, which effectively decreases occupancy limits from 5 to 4 (and the value of our units). It looks like a new trend for Vistana management to limit all 1BR's to 4 guests. (I'm expecting to hear that they'll be doing this to our WKORV and WKORVN weeks soon.) I am going to keep questioning this with our HOA, and I hope others will write letters, too. A family of five will no longer be able to stay in anything less than a 2BR - a much more expensive proposition than what we signed on for.

Thank you for contacting Owner Services for Vistana™ Signature Experiences (Vistana) regarding your concerns about the changes in policy for use of a rollaway bed at your Home Resort.

Please be aware, along with your Home Resort, many of the resorts in the Vistana Signature Network™ (VSN) collection have discontinued the use of roll away beds in any villa type or phase. For reference, the Board of Directors for the different Associations made the decision to no longer offer this service.

When planning your vacation, we encourage you to visit the villa layout offered for each resort, as this can provide a general idea of the floor plan provided for each villa type offered at your Home Resort, as well as other resorts within the VSN collection. Each villa is equipped with a sleeper sofa that may be utilized by guests, offering sleep accommodations for the maximum number of guests allowed for each villa type. The maximum occupancy is calculated based on sleep accommodations, which includes one guest per twin-sized bed and two guests per queen-sized and king-sized beds and the sleeper sofa. For private sleep accommodations per guest, you may prefer to confirm a larger villa type or an additional villa.

To view the villa layouts offered at Harborside Resort at Atlantis, please visit https://www.vistana.com/destinations/harborside-resort-at-atlantis/villas. A floor plan is provided for general reference of each villa type offered at this resort.

Should you have additional concerns, please feel free to contact your resort's homeowners association board at:

Harborside Resort II Vacation Ownership Association
c/o Vistana Management, Inc.
P.O. Box 105488
Atlanta, GA 30348-5488
Fax: 407 418 7771
harborside2@myassociationdirect.com

I hope this information is helpful. Thank you again for taking the time to submit your feedback, and allowing me the opportunity to respond.

komosatp

TUG Member
Reaction score
what we signed on for.
Vistana has violated terms before (implementing a guest confirmation fee for home resort reservations.) When Tuggers brought this to Vistana's attention, they had to back down.
Two things:

1. Vistana/Interval will not do anything out of good will. Any reversal will require documentation and/or litigation. I posted a scan of a page from my purchase documents, and it has a line item for maximum occupancy of the unit. Can anyone who owns a premium one bedroom (or a two bedroom lockoff) find this document and tell us what it says for you?

2. Fight one battle at a time and just worry about the occupancy at this point. I agree that the roll away 'damage' sounds contrived, but that's not something people can disprove individually. You can prove, on an individual basis, that your unit was sold to you with the promise of 5 people in a unit (if that's what the documents actually said).

clsmit

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WSJ, HRA, WKORV, WMH, SBP, WLR
My WLR 2BR LO shows occupancy of 8.

Dargan1275

Reaction score
View attachment 5061 I always thought the premiums had a 5 person capacity. Just found this in the ownership documents:
Interesting, we are going to Harborside on Feb 2nd and I just got an email asking to fill out Diamond Lane check in form. On the form there is a section for requests and listed are rollaways, cribs or high chairs. There is a disclaimer that rollaways are only allowed in 1 bedroom premium and 2 bedroom lock off units.

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
Kierland Villas has rollaways. I wonder if that will change. Looks like Harborside will allow 9 or 5 if the fifth is an infant. Do you suppose SVV is loosely suggesting that you can rent rollaways also? If I needed a rollaway, I'd be packing an air mattress. I think they would have a major fight if they tried to reduce the number of Atlantis passes.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have booked a large 1 bedroom for August and was planning to invite friend and her kid to come along. So there will be 2 adults and 3 kids, none of them are infants. Can anyone who have been to harborside since January 1 confirm whether we can still get 5 wrist bands?

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV, WKV, 2-SDO, 4-Kauai Beach Villas, Island Park Village (Yellowstone), Hyatt High Sierra, Dolphin's Cove (Anaheim)
Per written memo from reservations, you will only get 4 armbands. How old is the youngest child?

cparker

TUG Member
Reaction score
I have booked a large 1 bedroom for August and was planning to invite friend and her kid to come along. So there will be 2 adults and 3 kids, none of them are infants. Can anyone who have been to harborside since January 1 confirm whether we can still get 5 wrist bands?

Just back from Harborside today.

I’m an owner.

I can confirm we own and had a 1BR Premium for our 7 day stay.

There were 5 of us in the room. (2 adults, 3 kids)

We were able to get a roll-away.

Attended ‘owners update’ aka sales meeting. We were told - rooms are still for 5 - bring a blow up bed.

Confirmed that 5 bands for Atlantis continue to be available and used by the 5 of us last week.

PM me for more details or questions.

DeniseM

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
This is good news, but I find it really irritating that Owner Services, and the resort itself, are presenting policies to owners that ae complete opposites.

DanCali

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana, Marriott, DVC
Just back from Harborside today.

I’m an owner.

I can confirm we own and had a 1BR Premium for our 7 day stay.

There were 5 of us in the room. (2 adults, 3 kids)

We were able to get a roll-away.

Attended ‘owners update’ aka sales meeting. We were told - rooms are still for 5 - bring a blow up bed.

Confirmed that 5 bands for Atlantis continue to be available and used by the 5 of us last week.

PM me for more details or questions.

It sounds like you checked in before January 1 though?

mariawolf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harborside
Frenchman’s Cove
I was told at update 5 is ok for premium unit but bring a blow up bed
5 wristbands
Was also told I can’t be guaranteed my corner deluxe fixed week 52 as they may need to give to a smoker since rooms are non smoking —- mmm how about walking out entrance door and give me what I paid for?
Seriously????

Stingrae

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has any owners of a 1BR Premium been to Harborside since they implemented their new policy allowing only four per unit and only four bands? This is very upsetting and stating that the walls were getting damaged from the rollaway beds is absurd. When we purchased our unit in 2006 we were told by Starwood representatives that five people was always allowed in the Premium 1 BR. and four for the Deluxe.
Having the extra bed was a major swinging point for us. We now have five in our family and won't be able to use our timeshare unless if we upgrade to a larger unit. :shrug:

BCIRIS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Has anyone had any experiences with this yet in 2018? I have 3 kids. If we stay in a 1 bedroom premium and I just bring an air mattress will I be able to get a wristband for the third child still?

stein97

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
none
I was there in March, stayed in 1 bd, when it came to wrist bands they were pretty strict on how many bands we were requesting. We had issues at check in originally, family of 4 was listed as 2 so they had to call down to the front desk, took about 20 minutes to resolve. The lady I was dealing with was not budging on just giving us the bands. We were not owners so I didn't push to hard, but our friends who were with us and are owners and also had their reservation screwed up got hostile demanding they resolve the issue quickly.

Some people on the board have indicated they were able to get the 5th band. I know I would not risk it, but that's my opinion.

stein97