• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Dominican Republic- Puerto Plata- where to go for a 2nd week?

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Allegro, Melia, VI Resorts
We are staying a week in Puerto Plata for a week and want to spend another week somewhere. Are there any islands easy to get to? We did Punta Cana last year so looking for somewhere different. Would love to do Nassau or Freeport or open to other places. Having problem finding places to fly to, most travel back to the usa and back..
thanks for any suggestions.
Susan

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
A small regional airline called PAWA Dominicana flies non=stop between Dominican Republic and a few other islands, including Aruba... here are their destinations:
https://pawadominicana.com/en/destination
Thanks for this link. We often like to create two destination trips. We have flown between Aruba and Cancun and Curacao and Cancun on Copa. We have also flown from Athens to Paris then to London to string together multiple destinations in a single trip. This airline looks like a good way to add DR in to one of our future trips.

Laurie

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I like to do the same, and found them when looking for options between Aruba and Curacao. I booked on InselAir but they are teetering on full-fledged bankruptcy/non-operation, so PAWA Dominicana is my only possible backup - not direct in my case, since Dominican Republic is their hub, but not all the way back to the US and low-cost. Neither airline gets great reviews, but PAWA Dominicana better than InselAir.

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thanks for the info. This is what I was looking for, I will look into it more.
Another question, we are in Puerto Plata and they are in Santiago Domingo is there a shuttle or something that will get get us from one place to the other?

rsonc

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
We couldn’t get the flights to work, we are thinking of just booking another week in the Dominican. We are looking for some place with a nice beach with snorkeling off the beach? We Might do a tour or two but plan on relaxing most the week. Looking for suggestions if it would be better to stay in Puerto Plata or go to another part of the island? Any suggestions? We have been to Punta Cana once but heard there was nice beaches on the Caribbean side, I am not sure what resorts and airport is near there. Tia, Susan