• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Odd Issue With SVV Prime Week (Wrong SOs listed)

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Looking at our account at Vistana.com, I am seeing an odd issue with our 2021 StarOptions as listed when you view the Account Balances. Here is a screen shot. We have a Prime SVV week, the SOs listed for 2019 and 2020 are correct at 81,000. However, for 2021, the SOs indicate only 67,100 which is the amount they would be for a High season week. The 1BR week is still listed correctly, not sure what is up with the 2BR.

Is this perhaps just a weird glitch? Are any other mandatory or developer 2BR annual Prime owners at SVV seeing the same thing?

Capture.JPG

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
yes my week 30 2 bedroom is showing the same as yours, but my week 52 is still showing 81000 for all years

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)
It's a glitch. My 37000 StarOption Kierland unit shows 67100 SO's -- but for 2021 only. The chart is correct for 2019 and 2020 for that unit and for all of my other units.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
Probably a glitch mine looks goood.

Attachments

• 0B229E9F-4134-436D-822C-3C701AD9F92E.jpeg
    0B229E9F-4134-436D-822C-3C701AD9F92E.jpeg
    59.2 KB · Views: 37

Bierhund

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WLR (x2), SVV
Is this perhaps just a weird glitch? Are any other mandatory or developer 2BR annual Prime owners at SVV seeing the same thing?
Ours is the same, except with a 2BR L/O. Looks like High Season SO's have been assigned to a Prime Season VOI in 2021. Certainly hope it's a glich that will be fixed soon!

upload_2018-1-13_10-5-37.png

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Ours is the same, except with a 2BR L/O. Looks like High Season SO's have been assigned to a Prime Season VOI in 2021. Certainly hope it's a glich that will be fixed soon!

View attachment 5407
Or at least fixed before 2020. They have a couple of years I suppose...

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
May be it's a glitch or may be they are announcing that they will change the season of some weeks like they did with some Hyatt weeks in Key West last year.
Week 30 to 34 at SVV in Orlando are Platinum Season but when we look at the TDI chart (https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/images/tdi/2018/TDI-5.jpg) made by II, the TDI of those weeks are equal or lower than weeks 18-22 (Gold Season at SVV).
Since VSE is owned by the mother of II, may be they will readjust the season based on the data they use to build TDI charts.

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
May be it's a glitch or may be they are announcing that they will change the season of some weeks like they did with some Hyatt weeks in Key West last year.
Week 30 to 34 at SVV in Orlando are Platinum Season but when we look at the TDI chart (https://www.intervalworld.com/iimedia/images/tdi/2018/TDI-5.jpg) made by II, the TDI of those weeks are equal or lower than weeks 18-22 (Gold Season at SVV).
Since VSE is owned by the mother of II, may be they will readjust the season based on the data they use to build TDI charts.
Hyatt increased point value of some weeks. No weeks decreased in point value but ultimately their trade value diminished as some weeks required more points to trade into.

vacationtime1

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORV-OF (Maui)
WKV x2 (Scottsdale)

I wondered the same, but the mistake in my account -- increasing the number of StarOptions for a shoulder season small one bedroom unit from 37000 to 67100 -- makes no sense.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
They will only increase and won't decrease. It is a mistake that they made in 2021 number. I have a SVR unit that comes with 95.7 SOs. It was either last year or the year before that it showed 81K but it corrected on its own several weeks later.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
No way they will decrease, but it’s just a mistake.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I don't even think they could easily increase SVV since they already have deeds conveyed to the trust and points assigned to them on the conveyances as well as points sold against those conveyances. The Sheraton Flex kind of ties their hands.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I don't even think they could easily increase SVV since they already have deeds conveyed to the trust and points assigned to them on the conveyances as well as points sold against those conveyances. The Sheraton Flex kind of ties their hands.
They increase the amount allocated to my SVR twice. When SVN was first launched, it offered us to enroll and that it would come with 81K. Years later it went to 90K and then several years later it went to 95.7K.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
They increase the amount allocated to my SVR twice. When SVN was first launched, it offered us to enroll and that it would come with 81K. Years later it went to 90K and then several years later it went to 95.7K.
Yes, They have done this with several properties. However, that was all before flex. I think they have now tied their hands with any future changes to the amount of SOs allocated to each week because of the flex trusts.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
Yes, They have done this with several properties. However, that was all before flex. I think they have now tied their hands with any future changes to the amount of SOs allocated to each week because of the flex trusts.

Have they though? You aren’t buying a week or a particular sized unit so to speak, are you? Is that written in the paperwork? Aren’t you just buying points? Those points could be for a studio or a 1 bedroom or a 2 bedroom depending on how you wish to use your points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Have they though? You aren’t buying a week or a particular sized unit so to speak, are you? Is that written in the paperwork? Aren’t you just buying points? Those points could be for a studio or a 1 bedroom or a 2 bedroom depending on how you wish to use your points?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
You are only buying a set number of points. But on each conveyance that they convey to the trust, they list the number of points assigned to it. If they said it was worth 81,000 points and you buy 81,000 Home Options, you have a deed showing you own 81,000 Home Options. If they increase the requirement for certain weeks without decreasing them for others, then you are short changed. I think it would be legally challenging for them to increase or change the amount of StarOptions for the base VOIs that get conveyed to the new flex trusts. Marriott has a similar system and they haven't made any changes to the number of points for the conveyed intervals in the entire seven year life of the Destination Club.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
I wondered the same, but the mistake in my account -- increasing the number of StarOptions for a shoulder season small one bedroom unit from 37000 to 67100 -- makes no sense.
It's probably a glitch but at Kierland, there is 3 seasons (Gold, Gold Plus and Platinum Plus). 37,000 is Gold Plus and 67,100 is Platinum Plus for a 1 bdrm. So, just a 1 step season change for this resort.

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are only buying a set number of points. But on each conveyance that they convey to the trust, they list the number of points assigned to it. If they said it was worth 81,000 points and you buy 81,000 Home Options, you have a deed showing you own 81,000 Home Options. If they increase the requirement for certain weeks without decreasing them for others, then you are short changed. I think it would be legally challenging for them to increase or change the amount of StarOptions for the base VOIs that get conveyed to the new flex trusts. Marriott has a similar system and they haven't made any changes to the number of points for the conveyed intervals in the entire seven year life of the Destination Club.
Could they change seasons boundary in a way that the total number of point over a year stay the same (some weeks are promoted to higher season and some weeks are downgraded to lower season) ?

youppi

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hyatt increased point value of some weeks. No weeks decreased in point value but ultimately their trade value diminished as some weeks required more points to trade into.
Yes that what happened last year but if they can promote some weeks to an higher seasons, why they couldn't do the inverse too (downgrade some weeks) in the future ?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Could they change seasons boundary in a way that the total number of point over a year stay the same (some weeks are promoted to higher season and some weeks are downgraded to lower season) ?
Possible, but the seasons are written in to the governing Condo Documents that are recorded for the property. So in order to change those, they would need a vote, need to meet a quorum and perhaps a super majority. It isn't that simple.

skibummer

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV x5 (Scottsdale)
WLR x3 (Cancun)
SVV-Bella x2 (Orlando)
WMH x2 (Palm Springs)
WNORVK (Maui)
Chairman’s Club
My 2 Platinum weeks at Sheraton Vistana Villages (Bella section) for a 2 bedroom non-lock off are both showing 67,100 SO for year 2021, but for previous years are correctly showing 81,000 SO. Has anyone spoken to Vistana about this issue. I tried calling today but realized it they had already closed due to the weekend hours. Any updates on this issue?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I haven't tried calling or contacting them. I figure they have a couple years, I won't bother for a year or so. I hope it will be fixed by then. I can't even use the SOs to make a reservation for over two years.

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
It seems people with multiple svv are experiencing this error. Since I only have 1, it shows correctly.