• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

North Myrtle Beach in March?

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Hi
We are going to Myrtle Beach in March. Not expecting warm temps, but hopefully will be ok to Golf. We are staying at A Place At The Beach Windy Hill. We have a 3 bedroom unit and confirmed the first floor.
Anyone have any suggestions for this area. Dining, golfing, etc?
We are driving up from Florida and are looking forward to the trip. Is North Myrtle Beach a quieter area than South Myrtle Beach?
Any comments are welcome. We only drove thru Myrtle Beach on the way home from Massachusetts a few years ago. We will post a review after.
Thanks!
Silentg

Tfish

TUG Member
Reaction score
I think that it will be good weather for golf in March. I'm here now and have 13-14 games in and I don't play if it's not at least 55 degrees.

Arrived Jan 2 . It's 66 degrees today but its drizzling rain.

Regards

Mike

Tfish

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best for you to buy a Passport Card (sno-bird). Cost $50 and will get you get good pricing for up to 4 golfers.

Miss Marty

TUG Member
Reaction score
Capt Nance's Calabash Seafood
Rest in Calabash North Carolina
just a little ways from North MB

Panina

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hgvc Anderson, Blue Ride Village Resort
Hi
We are going to Myrtle Beach in March. Not expecting warm temps, but hopefully will be ok to Golf. We are staying at A Place At The Beach Windy Hill. We have a 3 bedroom unit and confirmed the first floor.
Anyone have any suggestions for this area. Dining, golfing, etc?
We are driving up from Florida and are looking forward to the trip. Is North Myrtle Beach a quieter area than South Myrtle Beach?
Any comments are welcome. We only drove thru Myrtle Beach on the way home from Massachusetts a few years ago. We will post a review after.
Thanks!
Silentg
I think you will have a good chance of getting some warm weather. The birds are already building their nests and I am in a colder area in South Carolina then Myrtle Beach.

These are my favorite restaurants
E Noodle & co - only the 110 hwy 17s location very reasonable - their fried rice is the best I ever had, can choose type
Fiesta Mexicans Restaurant - very reasonable, fajitas very generous portion
Mr Fish- lunch specials priced well, find the specials taste the best
Flying Fish - can become pricey but lower priced items available, on water
Sea Captain House- one of my favorites for lunch, love the atmosphere faces ocean
Chestnut Hill - fancier feel but can go casual, dinner only
Chesapeake House - early bird dinner specials

Most of the buffet are filled with fried foods. The buffet that is worth going to is Captain George Seafood, beautiful place, good food. They even cooked special for you if you have allergies.

shagnut

TUG Member
Reaction score
You are in one of my fav areas of MB. Much quieter than South. March can be iffy weather but should be warm enough to golf. Main street of NMB is fun, lots of Beach Music Clubs. Hoskins has no atmosphere but good home cooking. Calabash is close by with lots of great seafood restaurants. Shaggy

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Thanks Panina and Shaggy!
We are looking forward to our stay!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Best for you to buy a Passport Card (sno-bird). Cost $50 and will get you get good pricing for up to 4 golfers.
Even worth it for just a week?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Capt Nance's Calabash Seafood
Rest in Calabash North Carolina
just a little ways from North MB
Thanks and also for the link to Broadway!

bankr63

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vistana Resort Orlando (2BR, Deeded Wk10) , Silver Lake Resort Orlando (3BRLO)
March will likely be great for golfing, but FWIW, I AM Canadian... (if the grass isn't covered in white stuff, it's great for golfing).

+1 for Mr. Fish. One of the best seafood dinners I have ever had, saying a lot since I REALLY don't like seafood. They actually packaged up some of the berry sauce for me to take back home.

In March, nowhere in MB will be busy so really doesn't matter where you are. Strongly recommend a side trip to Brookgreen Gardens for a cultural side trip. Fantastic art throughout the property.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Golf will be great in March. MB is known as the golf capitol of the East Coast during the winter and spring time of year. Weather will usually be n the 60-70 range although we had a really cold winter a few winters ago that even affected FL. As previously said, MB will not be over crowded anywhere until spring break time frame.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Just got back last night from three days at Surfside Beach. We had two beautiful days and one cloudy and chilly day. Traffic was bad even though it's off-season! I agree on Mr Fish and if you do get further down, we enjoy Gulfstream Cafe on Garden Beach overlooking Murrels Inlet. They have an early dinner menu that's priced well. I like to shop at various boutiques around Pawley's Island and Litchfield and there are some great places to eat in Pawley's too. Bistro 217, Rustic Table, bisQit, and Chive Blossom Cafe. But Pawley's is quite a distance from where you will be. Enjoy!

gnipgnop

TUG Member
Reaction score
+1 for Sea Captains House. It's casual, a little pricy BUT ..... food is excellent, service is also excellent and it faces the ocean with beautiful views. Go for it!!! Parking is in front of the building but it's usually full. Plenty more spots in their lot across the street. www.Seacaptains.com