• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Any Bentley Brook Owners?

TvBriggs

Reaction score
I'm thinking about purchasing here on resale. We've stayed with friends on weekends and recently drove up and rented during the last snow storm. I have no desire to stay up there a week as its relatively small. I'd love to do some weekends and the occasionally snow storm for fresh powder.

The days of going away to somewhere tropical are gone once the kids came. Though to take the Family and Friends for a long weekend is very appealing.

While staying an owner stated that the resort is at about 30% occupancy during the week (it was totally dead). He also stated that it was easy to get a reservation on no notice during the week due to this.

I'm not a current Wyndham member and unsure if this is true. I have no problem booking weekends far in advance, but to sneak in a night on 12" of fresh powder is super appealing. Anyone have any insight to this?

Thanks!

geerlijd

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Shanty Creek Vacation Club
WorldMark
Wyndham Bali Hai
Wyndham Canterbury
Wynhdam South Shore
If your looking for weekends, you will need to book way out (likely 10 months), so this won't be an option for last minute when it snows.

However, if you can come out during the week for snow, this might work. Looking at what is available tonight, tonight (Tues) - Thursday nights are available. Next week only shows limited availability on Weds night, but its Presidents Day week. The last week of Feb and all of March shows Sunday - Thursday available. Most of these are in 1 or 2 BR units.

kaljor

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Nashville
Wyndham CWA
Fairfield Bay
One potential problem with the usage pattern you're describing; Wyndham requires
you to have Housekeeping Credits for every stay. 1 night up to 7 nights uses 63
Credits in a 1 bedroom. A studio only uses 28, but not all resorts have them,
although Bentley Brook does.

Wyndham gives you 1 Credit for every 1000 points you own, so if you had a small
contract, for example 154,000 points, you would start your use year with 154 HC's.
After your second stay in a 1 bedroom you would need to start buying additional
credits at 2.25 apiece. So after your 3rd stay, each additional stay would cost
$141.75 in HC's. Plus the normal $19 transaction fee for each additional reservation.
By my math, 154 HC's would be enough for 5.5 stays in a studio.

The Housekeeping Credit system can really work against using a Wyndham ownership
for multiple stays of less than a full week.

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
Not an owner, but a frequent user. I have a lot of family in the area and they go to Bentley Brook all the time (they are there now). They absolutely love it. Skiers and observers. Bentley Brook staff is awesome, they just love it any time of year.

I can always find something for them Sunday-Thursday nights. And even for a weekend, if I watch diligently I can almost always pick it up (with more than 15 days notice). President's Week and Christmas week are the 2 weeks that sell out during the week (and even so, I've been pretty lucky finding days here and there for them). Yesterday I found Feb 19-22 - it happens.

Kaljor has excellent points on the HC and transaction fees (we're VIP so I can't speak to that aspect).

You don't have to purchase Bentley Brook (resale) to use Bentley Brook. Consider buying a lower maintenance fee contract elsewhere and using the points at BB. I've rarely seen good MF's at BB (although I have seen some real gems - converted red week contracts).

TvBriggs

Reaction score
You don't have to purchase Bentley Brook (resale) to use Bentley Brook. Consider buying a lower maintenance fee contract elsewhere and using the points at BB. I've rarely seen good MF's at BB (although I have seen some real gems - converted red week contracts).

I see lower MF prices in places like Atlantic City. Though I'd highly doubt I'd even visit it.

What are/if any the advantages of owning Wyndham points in your home resort? A lot of the for sale at Bentley Brook says "owners privileges" throughout the resort. Parking and use of ski lockers I hope would be included with this. Could they mean "Any Wyndham points owner"?

Do owners get some sort of reservation privileges in their home resort?

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I see lower MF prices in places like Atlantic City. Though I'd highly doubt I'd even visit it.

What are/if any the advantages of owning Wyndham points in your home resort? A lot of the for sale at Bentley Brook says "owners privileges" throughout the resort. Parking and use of ski lockers I hope would be included with this. Could they mean "Any Wyndham points owner"?

Do owners get some sort of reservation privileges in their home resort?
Good question. At Bentley Brook I have found no differences. There may be some where it matters. Smugglers Notch is one that comes to mind. It matters there if you are an owner or guest anyways. Maybe home resort isn't the issue there, it's complicated (and frustrating). I gave up trying to understand Smuggs (unless I need to stay there, then I'll worry about it). Can anyone else speak to this? I know at Bentley Brook it hasn't mattered (we use the ski lockers, attend any members wine and cheese nights's, crafts, parking is free, etc).

The only owner privilege I am aware of that might be of concern is ARP (and as already stated, the only week at Bentley Brook that might hurt you is President's week. Christmas week, the 2nd most popular week there, is still available now, so is NYE (no ARP needed)). I can book anything today thru Jan 5, 2019 checkout with my non-Bentley Brook ownership (including any weekend).

antjmar

Reaction score
I believe owners have day use of resort any time, this also allows use of lockers and resort if you arrive early or stay late on check in check out day.

I can book anything today thru Jan 5, 2019 checkout with my non-Bentley Brook ownership (including any weekend).

How can you book 2019? Isnt that ARP?

TvBriggs

Reaction score
I believe owners have day use of resort any time, this also allows use of lockers and resort if you arrive early or stay late on check in check out day.

Isn't ARP 13-10 months?

I can confirm that owners have parking and day use of the area. I called :). Though I didn't ask if "ANY" Wyndham owner has this privilege. I asked as if I was an owner of the property.. I should have been more specific!!

In the mean time, A Bentley Brook 164k went for $200 and a $950 MF on Ebay. I was temped but didn't bother. Are the timeshare ads here and in general overpriced? The same ad's on here and in the "sellmytimeshare,dot,com" are going for thousands compared to ebay.

Also it was 73 degree's up there yesterday in February. This was probably my lacking desire on buying a ski timeshare ;)

antjmar

Reaction score
Isn't ARP 13-10 months?

I can confirm that owners have parking and day use of the area. I called :). Though I didn't ask if "ANY" Wyndham owner has this privilege. I asked as if I was an owner of the property.. I should have been more specific!!

In the mean time, A Bentley Brook 164k went for $200 and a $950 MF on Ebay. I was temped but didn't bother. Are the timeshare ads here and in general overpriced? The same ad's on here and in the "sellmytimeshare,dot,com" are going for thousands compared to ebay.

Also it was 73 degree's up there yesterday in February. This was probably my lacking desire on buying a ski timeshare ;)

Yes ARP is 10-13 months. Thats why i asked how a non owner can book 2019.
Its owners at that resort only. They can tell.
Ebay has the best prices!
Only 73? Lol
Heading up today!

Sandi Bo

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham

Sorry - there must be a couple things going on.

I am VIP Platinum. It must be doing something with my RARP (I believe I am allowed 2 RARPs)? And a little funky... I assumed since the dates appeared available, I could book them - not entirely true. My apologies.

Today, Feb 23rd, I can check in up to Jan 23rd (11 months from today), Jan 24th I get this message 'This location is not eligible for the selected date range. Choose a different loacation or a different date range to proceed.' I can check out through Jan 30th (so up a 7-night stay), if I select Jan 31st for checkout, I get 'This resort requires a 14-night maximum stay'.

So RARP with twist of system buggyness? :)

Bentley Brooks is super family friendly. They will bend over backwards to accommodate you. Lockers are assigned by rooms, so if your room isn't ready, your locker may not be either.

Thank goodness there's lots of fun things to do there, it's been rough couple years for snow.

TvBriggs

Reaction score
Yes ARP is 10-13 months. Thats why i asked how a non owner can book 2019.
Its owners at that resort only. They can tell.
Ebay has the best prices!
Only 73? Lol
Heading up today!

Give a snow (or lack of snow) report!