• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Photo Hosting Site Recommendations?

SueDonJ

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Barony Beach and SurfWatch
Today a fellow TUGger asked me about photo-hosting while coincidentally, I recently noticed that some of my old posted-to-TUG photos via Photobucket aren't showing anymore. It seems Photobucket is much less user-friendly and much more costly since the last time I visited. Boo!

The directions for posting photos are here in the BBS Help section: https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-include-images-in-your-posts.248810/

We're looking, though, for recommendations of photo-hosting sites, preferably free but will consider those with minimal fees, that jibe with TUG's BBS. And if there's already a thread discussing these, I'll be happy to merge this thread into it as soon as you direct me to it - a search turned up so many unrelated posts that it's impossible for me to mine through.

Thank you!

Brett

Reaction score
Today a fellow TUGger asked me about photo-hosting while coincidentally, I recently noticed that some of my old posted-to-TUG photos via Photobucket aren't showing anymore. It seems Photobucket is much less user-friendly and much more costly since the last time I visited. Boo!
The directions for posting photos are here in the BBS Help section: https://www
We're looking, though, for recommendations of photo-hosting sites, preferably free but will consider those with minimal fees, that jibe with TUG's BBS. And if there's already a thread discussing these, I'll be happy to merge this thread into it as soon as you direct me to it - a search turned up so many unrelated posts that it's impossible for me to mine through.
Thank you!

yes, photobucket now charges for photo hosting
Flickr is still free https://www.flickr.com

jme

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriotts:
Grande Ocean x 6
Barony x 2
OceanWatch x 1
Manor Club x 1
Waterside by Spin x 2
Sheraton Bdw Pln x2
ChurchSt/Charleston x2

The directions for posting photos are here in the BBS Help section: https://www.tugbbs.com/forums/index.php?threads/how-to-include-images-in-your-posts.248810/

Thank you!

So, how to move photos from Photobucket to another site without having to re-upload them all ?????? :shrug:

Probably "no way"...... What a pain. :bawl:

And of course we want to keep all of them in a good site! So, start over??? :crash:

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I chose SmugMug, even though it isn't free. It has all the features I want. It allows captions, keeps the originals, allows downloading entire galleries, and allows a variety of layout formats. Here's an example of an album I did for my superhero friend Arthur the Mothman:

https://artringwald.smugmug.com/Travel/Arthur-the-Moth-Man/

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
I use Amazon’s Prime Photos. Already had Prime and have been using it for my personal photos already, so it’s easy for me. There’s a cost, but it’s part of a bundle....

pittle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vidanta Grand Luxxe
Buganvilias Sky Suites
Pueblo Bonito Em Bay
Another vote for SmugMug. $60 per year. I love it. The settings allow you to have Galleries that can be shared with a link and then others that are considered Unlisted. I have one set up for my Timeshares and then some for family. It is easy to use and can grab photos from most anywhere. I like the DropBox feature that will transfer photos from my phone very quickly. You can see my Timeshare ones by clicking the link by my signature.

If you have Amazon Prime, you can have 5GB free and it is pretty easy to use too.

Last edited:

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
If you have Amazon Prime, you can have 5GB free and it is pretty easy to use too.
Actually, with Amazon Prime you have unlimited photo storage (at full resolution!). There is a space limit imposed on videos.

Kurt

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
You don't need to host photos anymore, at least not to post here. You may use that as a back-up for your photos, but I'd rather use a stand-alone hard drive. The upload process is too time consuming for me.

MULTIZ321

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
BLUEWATER BY SPINNAKER HHI
ROYAL HOLIDAY CLUB RHC (POINTS)
You don't need to host photos anymore, at least not to post here. You may use that as a back-up for your photos, but I'd rather use a stand-alone hard drive. The upload process is too time consuming for me.
Hi Sea Six,

Can you post the steps to post photos using your hard drive?

Thanks

Richard

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)
I use Amazon’s Prime Photos. Already had Prime and have been using it for my personal photos already, so it’s easy for me. There’s a cost, but it’s part of a bundle....
Actually, with Amazon Prime you have unlimited photo storage (at full resolution!). There is a space limit imposed on videos.

Kurt
I have not found a way to post Amazon Prime Photos to the bulletin board though. I can get a link, but when added to the board I can't get it to work. I just get a "broken photo" place holder. I can sometimes get it to show in the image preview while composing the message, but it never works once the message has been posted.

Last edited:

Makai Guy

Administrator
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Spicebush (Hilton Head Island)

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Cliff notes: Create a post, click "Upload a File", select your picture from a folder on your hard drive, then select thumbnail or full size, and then Post Reply.

Last edited:

jd2601

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks, I was able to load images to TUG and learn how to change size of image!