• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Presentation questions

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Here we are at Waiohai Beach Club, Hale 1. Any good questions you would ask? I usually get us out within 45 minutes without being too rude. I would like to think I am reasonably knowledgable but I am always surprised wth new Marriot salesmanship.

Harry

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I think the less you engage in a conversation or with the lack of questions the faster you get out. I am not sure if your objective is to get out quickly or seriously want to find out more about the program. You will likely get more accurate answers from TUG as compared to the salesperson. I find that I know more about their programs than their typical salesperson.

Last edited:

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
A good strategy is to pretend not to actually know a language. Mumble something indiscernible and look at your phone often.

Seriously, my wife likes to ask about new destinations. This excitement without the deceit of a potential purchase can result in a pleasant presentation. Any questions outside of that tend to goat them into telling lies, whether intentional or not. Some people love getting into arguments with the salespeople but I find this approach cruel and tasteless.

jeepie

TUG Member
Reaction score
Harry, aloha! We’re in Hale 1 right now also...leaving Friday after a nice stay. The expectation is you stay for 90 minutes. You will receive a “gift” for that commitment. I would just gently suggest that a deal is a deal.
We attended a presentation and, indeed, had the rep tell us about new destinations, etc. They knew we were knowledgeable owners, and didn’t put undue pressure on us. The TO guy came in at the end and had a pretty decent offer to buy some points along with a resale week that could be enrolled...a good bundle price of about $6.80 per point. My counter was to ask if they would also give us free enrollment of the 3 post-2010 weeks we own that otherwise can’t be enrolled. The TO agreed to call the Home Office. Shook hands, no word since. All very friendly. Ymmv. Cheers.

Colt Seavers

Reaction score
Can't recommend any questions but our presentation at Waiohai a few years back was by far the lowest pressure and shortest presentation we have ever been to.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
Whenever we are invited, we go for the MRP value and honestly have learned a great deal. If they are willing to invite us to play the game, we are willing to play it. However, we know how to say NO, even when they still have a better deal as we are walking out afterwards.

Harry

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were out in 44 minutes. We are short of Presidential status so they were willing to boost us up for $8 a point for 500 points. Jeepie got a better deal on cost, but own more and longer I believe than we do. TO did ask us what it would take to buy today and at that point my phone rang. We never answered his question and that was it. Overall, not a bad experience.
Jeepie, I am the little guy with the floppy hat usually at the bar. Feel free to join us.

Harry

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We were out in 44 minutes. We are short of Presidential status so they were willing to boost us up for $8 a point for 500 points. Jeepie got a better deal on cost, but own more and longer I believe than we do. TO did ask us what it would take to buy today and at that point my phone rang. We never answered his question and that was it. Overall, not a bad experience.
Jeepie, I am the little guy with the floppy hat usually at the bar. Feel free to join us.

Harry
Did they really sell you at $8 a point for 500 points recently? That is unheard of, price wise.

jeepie

TUG Member
Reaction score

Harry
Harry, thanks for the invite! I just saw your message and the Honu Bar is closed by now. Next time!?
Anyway, excellent job on setting your phone to ring at the 44 minute mark...very creative!
Sure, I got a better deal offered on cost, but it’s apples to oranges. My offer was for a week plus DC points, total outlay way more than what you were offered.
If Presidential status is useful to you, the offer is really good. $4k for 500 Points, less than $300/year in additional MFs. I haven’t studied the additional benefits, but the 30% close-in Booking discount might be appealing to you. In my case (Chairman’s level), I have used it at Timber Lodge for some mid-week ski trips when the snow is good. More banking and electing flexibility might work well for you as well.
Best of luck and Aloha!