• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Copenhagen Marriott or AC Hotel Bella Sky Copenhagen?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
We will be on a cruise that will end in Copenhagen May of 2019 and it will be our first time in the city/country. We are looking to use a Marriott Travel Package and there are 2 Marriott hotels there: Marriott (Cat 8) and Autograph Collection Hotel Bella Sky (Cat 6).

We would appreciate your input as to whether you prefer one over the other and why.

Thank you!

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
To me, being close to a major tourist-walkabout area is key in Copenhagen.
We stayed at "The Square," between Tivoli Gardens & Stroget (pedestrian street).
But you may want to be close to the water, like near Nyhavn or Amalienborg.

I suggest you use Google Maps to see which is in the best location.
But with decent hop-on, hop-off buses and boat-tours, you can cover it all.

Also, you could check 'em out on TripAdvisor.com
While some reviews have questionable utility, you can find common threads.

Last edited:

sun starved Gayle

TUG Member
Reaction score
Just looking at the map of Copenhagen, the Marriott is much closer to downtown and the major sites ,than Autograph Collection Hotel Bella Sky (Cat 6) which looks to be quite a bit further away from downtown. Copenhagen is very flat and easily walkable. I would go for the Marriott so to be closer to downtown.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
As I read the reviews from the Marriott site, it does look like the Marriott is in a better location. I think we will go with that. Thank you to both replies.

K2Quick

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Marriott there last year. It's a little annoying because it's not near a train stop so you have to take a bus from the train station or use some alternate way to get there. The hotel feels like any other Marriott you'd find stateside. One kind of cool thing: the water taxis are included in the transit passes you get there. There's a water taxi stop within easy walking distance of the hotel and that takes you right to Nyhaven (or you can take the bus, but the water taxi is more fun).

Prices on everything are crazy in Copenhagen - Everything seemed to cost about twice or more what similar things cost in Germany and Austria.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Prices on everything are crazy in Copenhagen - Everything seemed to cost about twice or more what similar things cost in Germany and Austria.

We noticed that, too. Its due in part to having a very high tax rate which finances cradle-to-grave care (health care, college stipends, etc.)...Not expressing an opinion... Jus' sayin' that there's no free lunch (especially in Denmark).

Last edited:

EZ-ED

TUG Member
Reaction score
We stayed at the Marriott before and after a cruise. We taxied in and then back to the airport after our post cruise stay. As was mentioned above the hotel is the same as any similar stateside hotel. Concierge room was well stocked for breakfast and evening snacks and drinks. Hop on bus stop was right in front of the hotel and the walk to downtown was not to bad. Also as mentioned above the restaurant cost are high but then tipping is not required (or just round up to the next even amount) or expected. Since we had access to the concierge room our food cost we minimal. Our room was canal front and we enjoyed watching the water taxis, and scullers moving up and down the canal. I would recommend it but then I have never stayed at an AC hotel.

isisdave

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Waiohai
The hotels list at $450-$515 nightly for our visit in late June, so they're probably a good place to spend a Marriott package.

We've stayed in AC hotels in Spain and liked them a lot, but they're more on a Courtyard level of niceness. Plenty good if the miles are less. And although I haven't yet been to Copenhagen, I've read many places that walking is easy.

And I sure agree about the prices. A 72-hour transit pass is DKK200, about $36. In Paris, a weekly pass to a much larger system was about $24.

Last edited:

Jayco29D

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott, Vistana
We stayed at the Radisson Blu hotel in Copenhagen. The location is fabulous. It is one block from train station so you can take the train to/from airport. It is across the street from Tivoli. We were on a high floor with a view of Tivoli. It is walking distance to all sightseeing and Tivoli has a bus to some sights.

LisaH

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
We stayed in the AC Hotel in Copenhagen post-cruise and liked it a lot. It’s less than half of what Marriott costs, and five minute walk from the metro. Also, there are several buses that stop right in front of hotel. Rooms are very modern and Fresh. The view from the top is stunning. You can see the entire Copenhagen including the Oresund Bridge connecting to Malmo, Sweden. I would not hesitate to stay there again. The only thing we didn’t like is there is no lounge access for Marriott elites. Instead, we had breakfast elsewhere in the wonderful cafes and bakeries all over the city.

Thomfam

TUG Member
Reaction score
We have stayed at the Marriott twice, once before a trip to Norway and last summer post cruise. Both times we stayed five nights. Rented bikes from the hotel and that was our main mode of transportation.We traveled all over the city. Took the train to Helsingborg and the airport. We did take a taxi from the cruise port and would not reccomend public transportation there or back. We were very happy with the location and use of the lounge.