• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

The Greatest Showman

WalnutBaron

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
If you're looking for a really feel-good movie with outstanding singing and dancing, I recommend The Greatest Showman, starring Hugh Jackman and Michelle Williams. Hollywood is a pretty jaded place these days, and rarely produces a movie like this one anymore. I guarantee you'll be entertained. By the way, the film begins with something truly unique: Hugh Jackman and the film's director, Michael Gracey, actually take three minutes to thank the audience for coming to see the film on the big screen. When's the last time that happened? Umm..never!
the-greatest-showman.jpg

For more information, you can read a very positive review here. But beware: there are a few mild spoilers mentioned, so if you don't want too much given away, just go see the movie :)

Here's the trailer.

Last edited:

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
It's at the top of my viewing list. It isn't playing near me, so I may have to wait till it comes out on video.

Another film I want to see, just for the "stranger than truth" factor, is "Winchester." I know the tale is trumped up baloney, but it looks to be very interesting. I've toured the Winchester House several times, and felt some strange things there. Mostly, all I felt was sorrow for the lonely, slightly crazy, much too wealthy Sarah Winchester.

Dave

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
If you're looking for a really feel-good movie with outstanding singing and dancing, I recommend The Greatest Showman, starring Hugh Jackman and Michelle Williams. Hollywood is a pretty jaded place these days, and rarely produces a movie like this one anymore. I guarantee you'll be entertained. By the way, the film begins with something truly unique: Hugh Jackman and the film's director, Michael Gracey, actually take three minutes to thank the audience for coming to see the film on the big screen. When's the last time that happened? Umm..never!.

Thank you for the recommendation. We look forward to seeing a good movie. Hopefully it will run at my favorite local theater.

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
We saw it over Christmas. Two thumbs up!

Kurt

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
The soundtrack is fantastic. I left the theater and bought the soundtrack on the way home. I saw it early on when it first came out. It was the first time in ages that the audience applauded when the movie was over.

I have a movie pass and have seen then movie 5 time already. I keep bring someone who has not seen it yet. It is still wonderful after five times. I find myself singing the songs during the day.

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
The soundtrack is fantastic. I left the theater and bought the soundtrack on the way home. I saw it early on when it first came out. It was the first time in ages that the audience applauded when the movie was over.

I have a movie pass and have seen then movie 5 time already. I keep bring someone who has not seen it yet. It is still wonderful after five times. I find myself singing the songs during the day.

I've got a long weekend coming up and we haven't been to a movie in the theater for awhile. I wasn't aware of this movie and you've already seen it five times!

TUG's a great resource!

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've got a long weekend coming up and we haven't been to a movie in the theater for awhile. I wasn't aware of this movie and you've already seen it five times!

TUG's a great resource!

Come back and let us know how you liked it. If you like Broadway style musicals you will love it.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
So did you get to see it?

Egret1986

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nooooooooo. I forgot about all the things that had to be done this long holiday weekend that couldn't be put off. I'm hopeful next weekend will be a relaxing weekend with an opportunity to go next Saturday.

KauaiMark

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kauai Marriott Beach Club
We saw it last week. We usually try and go in the afternoons to avoid the crowds. Unfortunately, it was only playing in the only iMAX theater at the mall and it was about $15/ea.

On the good side they only sold 2 tickets for the show...OURS! We had the entire theater to ourselves so no distractions.

..and yes, it was a great experence!

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Our son, DIL and two little granddaughters came to Florida to visit us the first week of January. I took our DIL who is a music teacher to see this movie. We both loved it and enjoyed having a day out with just the two of us. My husband was a little jealous as he loves musicals too. He and I are seeing it tomorrow at the discount theater close to us. I will enjoy seeing it a second time.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
i've seen it 4 time already. I'd see it again. Love my moviepass.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've already got it pre-ordered from Amazon when it comes out on Blu Ray.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've already got it pre-ordered from Amazon when it comes out on Blu Ray.

So did I. April 10 will be an exciting day as that is also the release date for Season 3 of Outlander. (The only show I watch on Television, huge book fan that now loves the series.)

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Since it is now out on Video, did anyone get to see it?

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent

I went to Costco this morning to buy the DVD. They didn't have it. Hmm. Seems they are cutting back on the DVD selection at Costco (I'm told online purchases are making it a non-starter.) The only movie available there were the latest Star Wars film, and a couple of kid movies. I just bought the Blu-Ray from Amazon. (So I guess this is another opportunity for Amazon to deliver me something I couldn't buy locally. So it goes.)

So no, I haven't yet seen it. But soon! :D

Dave

1Kflyerguy

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Kings Land, Elara, and Marriott Destination Club Points

Had wanted to see this on the big screen, but never made it. Saw your post yesterday morning and watched the movies On-Demand last night. We really enjoyed this!

Thanks for reminding me.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
So did you get to see it?

Finally, a really long time coming, but YES, I finally saw this outstanding movie! I bought the video, converted it to watch on my Samsung tablet, and watched it twice on my trip to Hawaii in May - once on the plane flight over, and once on the plane flight back. I have a copy of it saved onto my laptop, and every so often I will randomly drop into the movie at some point and watch for a few minutes. I thoroughly enjoyed this movie. If anyone on the planet hasn't seen it yet, you're missing something really nice. The fact that it's based on a real life situation makes it even better.

(Sorry for the long delay in replying to this post, but I kept forgetting to mention that I'd seen it. Now, what movie should I see next?)

Dave

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Finally, a really long time coming, but YES, I finally saw this outstanding movie!
Dave

I was just returning on the plane from Exumas today. After I finished the movie I started (Game Night) but didn't finish due to time on the way over, I went back and just started listening to Greatest Showman while I read my book.

I love this movie.

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
I periodically listen to the soundtrack on You Tube when I'm playing games on the computer and reading the posts on TUG.

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DW and I watched the movie again on Blu-Ray the other night and just loved it. There aren't many movies that have a positive message these days, but this is one of them. So glad everyone has enjoyed it!