• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Magnum Realty Group in Sacramento-- Legit?

MKJOHN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Recv'd call from them. Sunset Resorts in Cancun must be selling our info. I allowed a follow up email. [www (dot) magnumrealtygroup (dot) com] Said they'd be able to sell our timeshare, as they are currently gathering real estate and fractional ownership in Mexico. We own at Fishermens Village with Sunset. We would like to sell. Does anyone know anything about this group?

[Edited to break link]

Last edited by a moderator:

TUGBrian

Administrator
Reaction score

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
That website looks almost exactly like other confirmed scammer websites. Probably because they are they the same operators. Scammers will fold and open websites right and left. They do so because they need to stay ahead of all the bad reviews and complaints due to them literally stealing people’s money.

Looking at the website domain it was what I expected. It was created January 23, 2018.

If I didn’t already know that they were scammers I would do more research. I would bet that their phone number is a VoIP (meaning they could call from anywhere in the world even though they have a ‘local’ prefix). I would also bet that there is no record of this company at the address.

MKJOHN

TUG Member
Reaction score
That website looks almost exactly like other confirmed scammer websites. Probably because they are they the same operators. Scammers will fold and open websites right and left. They do so because they need to stay ahead of all the bad reviews and complaints due to them literally stealing people’s money.

Looking at the website domain it was what I expected. It was created January 23, 2018.

If I didn’t already know that they were scammers I would do more research. I would bet that their phone number is a VoIP (meaning they could call from anywhere in the world even though they have a ‘local’ prefix). I would also bet that there is no record of this company at the address.
Thanks for input!

Iggyearl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while, you see something that only a rube would put up. Go to the link above. On the left side, where the box keeps changing descriptions - look for the box that says "Real State." Not a minor goof.:doh:

SmithOp

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC King's Land 2BR Premier 23.040K Points.
Check the About Us page - Our mission and Vission (sic).

The address is a mail drop.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

RX8

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC and DVC
Another thing scammers do is copy verbiage from legit companies. You don’t think they come up with all these fancy words all by themselves do you?

I googled the first sentence from their ‘our experience’ section in their ‘about us’ page. This is a complete ripoff of the National Association of Realtors website - https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar

LannyPC

TUG Member
Reaction score
We would like to sell. Does anyone know anything about this group?

Well now that we have determined that this group is in all likelihood a scam, let's address your other concern you mentioned. If you want to sell, you can start by reading this sticky:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-your-timeshare-and-avoid-getting-scammed.44/

From what you said about the TS you own, I am guessing that it is a Right to Use (RTU) instead of a deed and that it is probably worth little more than zero dollars resale. If that is the case, then your options are to either list it for free give away or, assuming it's an RTU, just stop making payments and let the contract terminate.

MKJOHN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Every once in a while, you see something that only a rube would put up. Go to the link above. On the left side, where the box keeps changing descriptions - look for the box that says "Real State." Not a minor goof.:doh:
I see that! Wow

MKJOHN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well now that we have determined that this group is in all likelihood a scam, let's address your other concern you mentioned. If you want to sell, you can start by reading this sticky:

https://tugbbs.com/forums/index.php...-your-timeshare-and-avoid-getting-scammed.44/

From what you said about the TS you own, I am guessing that it is a Right to Use (RTU) instead of a deed and that it is probably worth little more than zero dollars resale. If that is the case, then your options are to either list it for free give away or, assuming it's an RTU, just stop making payments and let the contract terminate.
Thanks for inp

Thanks for input!

MKJOHN

TUG Member
Reaction score
Another thing scammers do is copy verbiage from legit companies. You don’t think they come up with all these fancy words all by themselves do you?

I googled the first sentence from their ‘our experience’ section in their ‘about us’ page. This is a complete ripoff of the National Association of Realtors website - https://www.nar.realtor/about-nar
Wow. Above and beyond... thank you!

MKJOHN

TUG Member
Reaction score
no, I see that now. It is as big unprofessional goof for sure.

vicladeeda

Reaction score
Recv'd call from them. Sunset Resorts in Cancun must be selling our info. I allowed a follow up email. [www (dot) magnumrealtygroup (dot) com] Said they'd be able to sell our timeshare, as they are currently gathering real estate and fractional ownership in Mexico. We own at Fishermens Village with Sunset. We would like to sell. Does anyone know anything about this group?
I got a call from the same Magnum group plus another one within two weeks of each other. Glad to see this posted. It sounded as though the no up front cost, I pay 5% commission only after sale is completed and I get the check is a good deal. But I've been stung before by promises of brokers who will sell my TS. What did you end up doing?

Last edited by a moderator:

shersher66

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Tres Rios Mexico
Thanks for input!
I was very skeptical about the initial call about my ownership in Tres Rios, Mexico, but I allowed them to send me the letter so I could check it out. The email listed for the guy who called me was invalid. Then a completely different "agent" called me with the same speech a week later. I haven't done anything with the letter. I asked my resort directly about the owners trying to buy additional controlling interest. They informed me the owners(family group of Sunset Group) were not selling and this was a scam. Multiple companies have called me but how are they getting my information? And....why would they need a copy of the front of my contract if they already know I own a membership. Many things don't add up.

T-Dot-Traveller

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Mayan Palace Regency
Taranova
Recv'd Sunset Resorts in Cancun must be selling our information

[Edited to break link]
I was very skeptical about the initial call about my ownership in Tres Rios, Mexico....... I asked my resort directly about the owners trying to buy additional controlling interest. They informed me the owners(family group of Sunset Group) were not selling and this was a scam. Multiple companies have called me but how are they getting my information? And....why would they need a copy of the front of my contract if they already know I own a membership. Many things don't add up.

SOMEONE - sold your information , NOT THE RESORT .
I once received a SCAMMER phone call to my home phone . The person asked for xxx -a friend of ours who we had booked for , using a shoulder season - 2 units for 1 MF deal - 3 years earlier .
That information likely came from a sale of information by a person ( front desk , reservations etc) or someone hacked a data base with this information.

How they got it doesn’t really matter -
Once one scammer has your information - they ALL do .
Lists get sold & resold .

YOU will keep getting similar phone calls from SCAMMERS