• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Cabo Restaurants

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
We're spending 10 days in Cabo. Looking for Restaurant recommendations. All price ranges. Thank you!

klpca

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
We like The Office on Medano Beach for breakfast and the grill at Club Cascadas for dinner. The free show at Maria Corona makes it worth a visit as well. And we enjoyed the food at Misiones de Kino and at Maria Jimenez.

itchyfeet

TUG Member
Reaction score
Alcaravea is excellent. They have a three course lunch for $10.00 until four every day. includes soup or salad, entree, and dessert. The chef is excellent. We ate there three times in two weeks. Highly recommend.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
We and two other couples stayed at Casa Dorada last October for a week. Since we enjoy leisurely mornings, we opted to shop at Costco on our way in for breakfast and beverage provisions. We utilized the pool bar/grill/sushi place inside the resort as the food was quite good. The restaurants we patronized were Isabel's, Edith's, Office, Abolenga, La Catrina Cantina, Cabo Blue, and Las Mariscadas. Our group favorites were Isabel's and Cabo Blue. The others were fine as well, but we had the most fun at those two.

Enjoy the resort...the rooms, view, and staff made for an enjoyable stay.

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe (2 weeks)
Marriott Ko Olina, Oahu, Hi. EOY
UVC, Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.EOY
We have stayed at Casa Dorada, Villa del Palmar and and Villa del Arco. The Office (about 100 yards from the Dorada, next to the noisy Mango Deck) is one of our favorites. But we also really like Tabasco. It is funky and casual, but we make sure we go back at least once for both lunch and dinner whenever we go. When we stayed at Dorada we also went to the Sand Bar a couple of times. Another close and casual place on the beach (just to the left of Dorada) is the Sand Bar.

Here is a map that will give you some perspective. I tried to get it to let me walk down the beach but it wouldn't let me. But they are all accessible from the beach.

1-Screenshot (8).jpg

We'll be going back to Villa del Arco for two weeks this Sept./Oct. to celebrate my wife's 70th birthday and plan to visit all these places while there. We are also looking forward to following this thread and learning about other new restaurants.

Steve

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Here's a list of go to places for us - in no particular order:

Invita Bistro - Dinner - great Italian...good service ... inexpensive

Al Caravea - Dinner - Mediterranean - Interactive chef - really good food at a very fair price (inexpensive) - a favorite

Tabasco's - Lunch - A short walk north on the beach from your resort -past the Melia, the Pueble Bonita and Rose, and just after Cascades - quintessential beach bar - feet in the sand, a drink in your hand. Marinated prime beef quesadilla (not on menu) is my favorite - good fish tacos - happy hour from 7 am to 6 pm - 2 for 1 - also good breakfast - my brother swears by the pancakes. We had lunch there eight times during our two week stay in Feb. This is a happy place for us. I know I'm in Cabo when I sip my first cervesa here. Not impressed with our dinners there.

The Office - I like it better for lunch any more than dinner. It's good for dinner if you haven't ever been there - love the tiki torches, but I tire of the juvenile tourist antics (Rambo's tequila shots, clown making balloon hats, etc.)

Edith's - Same owner as The Office - very similar menu. On the more expensive side. Personally, I prefer Edith's over The Office for dinner. Good choice if you feel like having a steak. No touristy stuff.

Tres Merinas (sp? = Three Mermaids) - New this winter. Also same owner as The Office/Edith's. Across the street from Edith's. More limited menu. Also on expensive side. We tried it and liked it. Huge outdoor bar on upper level that was just being finished in early Feb. Might be a good spot for a drink.
The Office/Edith's/Tres Merinas are all a very short walk from your resort. Menu's are all pretty similar so you might only do one of them for dinner. My recommendation would be lunch at The Office, dinner at Edith's, and drinks at Tres Merinas.

Alexander - On the marina. This is one of our all time favorites. Another happy place. Food is very good. Staff is terrific. Many items made flambe at your table. I recommend the table-side Caesar Salad. SO loves the flambe Tequila Shrimp. I'm a fan of the fish stuffed with scallops and shrimp or one of the combos. Another on the expensive side.

Hacienda Cucina and Cantina - Absolutely beautiful setting in the Hacienda resort just a short distance from your resort south on the beach. Dinner is nice...mostly modern takes on traditional Mexican dishes in an upscale setting. Good friends like the beach restaurant for lunch - easy walk for you. We haven't tried that.

For pizza nite = either La Dolce (in town) or Captain Tony's (on the marina)

La Golindrina (sp?) - A bit of a different experience. Courtyard dining. Big chalkboard as menu. Mostly grilled foods. Lots of choices. Make up any combination you can think of and they've got you covered. Easy walk from your resort.

Cabo Blue - more of a bar, good for cheap breakfast/lunch in town. If you want to watch a game on TV but still be outside this is the place. They have a large number of satellite receivers and can pull in any game. We've watched many Viking's (Skol!) games here during November visits. In Feb, we watched the SuperBowl here. If you're there in March, perhaps there's a basketball game you'll want to see!

For a good Margarita (and other fun drinks) try the Monkey Business Bar in town behind the Dollar Rental Car booth just down from the Giggling Marlin. You won't regret it!

For an adult sunset cruise (versus college kid jungle cruise) try the TropiCat. They advertise as a Wine and Jazz cruise. That's to keep the party animals away. Not a dinner cruise...but they have a full bar and offer a variety of snacks. Nice, helpful crew. In addition to catching a great view of sunset, they'll pursue whale watching if it's still season.

If you are there during spring break season you'll want reservations at most of these places for sure. Your concierge is a great resource.

Have a great trip!!
Report back on what you liked after your trip.

Safe travels.

bbb

calberry

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Timber Lodge, Lake Tahoe (2 weeks)
Marriott Ko Olina, Oahu, Hi. EOY
UVC, Villa del Arco, Cabo San Lucas, Mexico.EOY
Great summary BBB!!! Thanks for sharing.

Steve

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
For incredibly fresh fish (think minutes to an hour since swimming), at amazing prices, try Fisherman's restaurant on the marina adjacent to Breathless.

Former Cruiser

TUG Member
Reaction score
We and two other couples stayed at Casa Dorada last October for a week. Since we enjoy leisurely mornings, we opted to shop at Costco on our way in for breakfast and beverage provisions. We utilized the pool bar/grill/sushi place inside the resort as the food was quite good. The restaurants we patronized were Isabel's, Edith's, Office, Abolenga, La Catrina Cantina, Cabo Blue, and Las Mariscadas. Our group favorites were Isabel's and Cabo Blue. The others were fine as well, but we had the most fun at those two.

Enjoy the resort...the rooms, view, and staff made for an enjoyable stay.
Please tell me of any resort fees at Casa Dorada. Like resort fees and wifi fees. Thank you.

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Here's a list of go to places for us - in no particular order:

Invita Bistro - Dinner - great Italian...good service ... inexpensive

Al Caravea - Dinner - Mediterranean - Interactive chef - really good food at a very fair price (inexpensive) - a favorite

Tabasco's - Lunch - A short walk north on the beach from your resort -past the Melia, the Pueble Bonita and Rose, and just after Cascades - quintessential beach bar - feet in the sand, a drink in your hand. Marinated prime beef quesadilla (not on menu) is my favorite - good fish tacos - happy hour from 7 am to 6 pm - 2 for 1 - also good breakfast - my brother swears by the pancakes. We had lunch there eight times during our two week stay in Feb. This is a happy place for us. I know I'm in Cabo when I sip my first cervesa here. Not impressed with our dinners there.

The Office - I like it better for lunch any more than dinner. It's good for dinner if you haven't ever been there - love the tiki torches, but I tire of the juvenile tourist antics (Rambo's tequila shots, clown making balloon hats, etc.)

Edith's - Same owner as The Office - very similar menu. On the more expensive side. Personally, I prefer Edith's over The Office for dinner. Good choice if you feel like having a steak. No touristy stuff.

Tres Merinas (sp? = Three Mermaids) - New this winter. Also same owner as The Office/Edith's. Across the street from Edith's. More limited menu. Also on expensive side. We tried it and liked it. Huge outdoor bar on upper level that was just being finished in early Feb. Might be a good spot for a drink.
The Office/Edith's/Tres Merinas are all a very short walk from your resort. Menu's are all pretty similar so you might only do one of them for dinner. My recommendation would be lunch at The Office, dinner at Edith's, and drinks at Tres Merinas.

Alexander - On the marina. This is one of our all time favorites. Another happy place. Food is very good. Staff is terrific. Many items made flambe at your table. I recommend the table-side Caesar Salad. SO loves the flambe Tequila Shrimp. I'm a fan of the fish stuffed with scallops and shrimp or one of the combos. Another on the expensive side.

Hacienda Cucina and Cantina - Absolutely beautiful setting in the Hacienda resort just a short distance from your resort south on the beach. Dinner is nice...mostly modern takes on traditional Mexican dishes in an upscale setting. Good friends like the beach restaurant for lunch - easy walk for you. We haven't tried that.

For pizza nite = either La Dolce (in town) or Captain Tony's (on the marina)

La Golindrina (sp?) - A bit of a different experience. Courtyard dining. Big chalkboard as menu. Mostly grilled foods. Lots of choices. Make up any combination you can think of and they've got you covered. Easy walk from your resort.

Cabo Blue - more of a bar, good for cheap breakfast/lunch in town. If you want to watch a game on TV but still be outside this is the place. They have a large number of satellite receivers and can pull in any game. We've watched many Viking's (Skol!) games here during November visits. In Feb, we watched the SuperBowl here. If you're there in March, perhaps there's a basketball game you'll want to see!

For a good Margarita (and other fun drinks) try the Monkey Business Bar in town behind the Dollar Rental Car booth just down from the Giggling Marlin. You won't regret it!

For an adult sunset cruise (versus college kid jungle cruise) try the TropiCat. They advertise as a Wine and Jazz cruise. That's to keep the party animals away. Not a dinner cruise...but they have a full bar and offer a variety of snacks. Nice, helpful crew. In addition to catching a great view of sunset, they'll pursue whale watching if it's still season.

If you are there during spring break season you'll want reservations at most of these places for sure. Your concierge is a great resource.

Have a great trip!!
Report back on what you liked after your trip.

Safe travels.

bbb

Hi Bob, how you doing ? It looks like you probably hardly ever dine at the Arco, lol. I really like your list which is a real accomplishment.

Bill

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
good thread, thanks all!

beach.bar.bob

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Universal Vacation Club (UVC) aka Villa del Palmar aka Villa Group
VPA/Elite/Gold
Hi Bob, how you doing ? It looks like you probably hardly ever dine at the Arco, lol. I really like your list which is a real accomplishment.

Bill

Hey Bill!
Doing well.
Spent two weeks at Arco in Feb...one breakfast (update meeting), two lunches at Pirate ship and one dinner at the sports bar at Palmar...so yeah, we don’t eat on campus much. We like getting off campus. We do like having a drink on the deck upstairs at the Neptune. Really nice setting.

Read your earlier comments about your recovery from your heart attack...glad to hear everything is going well now!

Trying something new...spending March in Florida...so far good

bbb

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
We made our first visit to Los Cabos back in February. I second the recommendation of The Office for lunch. Great beach atmosphere and your table is in the sand on the beach.

We stayed at the Westin Los Cabos Resort and Spa, which is on the Corridor between Cabo San Lucas and San Jose del Cabo, a little closer to San Jose.

Our first evening we ate at El Ciruelo, which is one of the dining options at the Westin. It is actually located at the top of a hill adjacent to the neighboring Baja Point resort. Excellent outdoor fine dining with great drinks and a good wine selection. The view is amazing from up there, but our reservation was after dark. A sunset reservation would be spectacular.

We seriously considered the Tropicat Wine and Jazz sunset cruise mentioned above (and did a morning whale watch with that same company, Pezgato, which was very good), but opted for Cabo Adventures' Luxury Sunset Cruise instead because they provided van transportation from the Westin to the dock in Cabo San Lucas and back to the resort in the price of the cruise. It was also a very laid back trip - no party animals - and included mimosas upon boarding and all-inclusive drinks and heavy appetizers during the cruise. There was no need for a big dinner afterward.

In San Jose del Cabo we had a terrific meal at Jazmin's. We ate very early that afternoon/evening before heading back to the Westin for the sunset (up on top of the hill beside El Ciruelo), so we didn't need a reservation. Their margarita's were excellent, but the best margarita we had was earlier that afternoon at the Tropicana Inn, also in San Jose.

The highlight of our meals, however, was our Valentines Day dinner on our last evening in Los Cabos. The concierge recommended Agua by Larbi at the beautiful Palmilla Resort, just a short taxi ride from the Westin. (https://www.oneandonlyresorts.com/one-and-only-palmilla-los-cabos/cuisine/agua-by-larbi). For Valentines Day they had a four course prix fixe menu. The wine list was huge. It was very expensive, but it was worth every dime. The view alone was priceless. See attached photos.

IMG_1996.JPG

IMG_2001.JPG

Last edited:

byeloe

TUG Member
Reaction score
loved Wicked Pizza when we were in Cabo San Lucas a few summers ago

2saltydawgs

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
villa del palmar cabo san lucas
You didn't mention if you will be renting a car - after 16 years of staying at Villa del Palmar in Cabo, we exchanged with Interval and stayed in San Jose in January for a change. Now that we are retired and have slowed just a bit since our Cabo Wabo/Giggling Marlin days + nights, we found San Jose to be more relaxed - like us. First full day after going to Costco and La Comer, we ate at Los Claros Fish Jr - on the main road in San Jose on the right just before the right turn to go over the estuary. Great seafood tacos and an extensive salsa/condiment bar - ice cold beers and playoff NFL football on the tv's in January. Another day, we drove east of the estuary past Puerto Los Cabos marina and development, to Buzzards bar and had some tasty fish tacos there - nice change of pace location, and walked out to the beach just west of the bar - beautiful.
Another day drove a bit further east on the newer paved East Cape road, and visited Zac's Bar + Grill in Zacatitos - loved it! They serve an appetizer called Poblano rings - deep fried battered rings of Poblano chiles- battered and fried like onion rings - WOW! the 3 of us quickly inhaled an order and ordered a second batch - very tasty with a couple cold beers! Drove by a couple nice beachfront homes for sale - love the off-the grid area there, and some amazing homes! Recommend driving east of San Jose if you have a car - very different than downtown or the corridor for sure.

dmbrand

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Harbor Ridge(3)
Coral Sands-Cayman
Wifi and resort fees:

They will ask how many devices will be connected to their wifi. The first connection is approx $50 for the week, each additional is $10. We had 4 connections, billed at 187 pesos/day. The wifi was excellent throughout the resort and our rooms, so no complaints here. There is also a charitable disabled children charge of 19 pesos per day. Again, no complaints. Other than those two, and our rather large pool bar bill(by choice), no additional resort charges were billed. They have a very professional front desk for check in and out.

oldxr

TUG Member
Reaction score
I like the 1/2 kilo shrimp 1/2 kilo lobster combo at Maro’s downtown .Baja Brewing is on top of the Cabo Villas And has good food and full bar .+ a view you won’t forget .

davidvel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge (Villages)
Carlsbad Inn
Wifi and resort fees:

They will ask how many devices will be connected to their wifi. The first connection is approx $50 for the week, each additional is $10. We had 4 connections, billed at 187 pesos/day. The wifi was excellent throughout the resort and our rooms, so no complaints here. There is also a charitable disabled children charge of 19 pesos per day. Again, no complaints. Other than those two, and our rather large pool bar bill(by choice), no additional resort charges were billed. They have a very professional front desk for check in and out.
If you get a travel router (about $40), everyone can share a single wireless or wired connection. Plus, you are on your own personal network so sharing files, playing games, etc is safe. Also makes using a chromecast or similar easy to connect.