• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Breckenridge Requests

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I assume views of the mountains the best-just wondering if there is a building and floor that we should request. Also are there specific buildings that have upgraded rooms/fireplaces? And finally are any restaurants-things to do besides skiing we should do that would be appreciated.

JT

dougp26364

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
We’ve only been to this resort twice. Our preference was the unit we had in the shorter, low rise buildings that face Maggie Pond.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Do you have a specific building and floor? Love the pics.

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Mountainside, Worldmark, Ridge Tahoe
Depending on when you want to go and room size I would recommend trading into the Grand Lodge at Peak 7. I have traded into it 4 times with my Worldmark points and it is superior in every way to the Marriott.

Andy.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Do you have a specific building and floor? Love the pics.

I don’t recall the building names. I just asked for a view of the pond on our second trip.

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I had an opportunity Grand Timber Lodge. What about there?

My kids will be in ski school near Peak 9 I believe. Not sure distance etc.

Travel1

Reaction score
Depending on when you want to go and room size I would recommend trading into the Grand Lodge at Peak 7. I have traded into it 4 times with my Worldmark points and it is superior in every way to the Marriott.

Andy.

Would you recommend the Grand Lodge during the off-season too. It looks nice, but it doesn't seem close to the town...is it walking distance or do you have to use a car for everything?

Thanks

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Would you recommend the Grand Lodge during the off-season too. It looks nice, but it doesn't seem close to the town...is it walking distance or do you have to use a car for everything?

Thanks

I’m going to answer this question and offer up my personal opinion as we’ve been owners at both Grand Lodge on Peak 7 and Marriott.

First, no, Grand Lodge is not within walking distance to town. They do have a shuttle and there is also the gondola, which is a very short walk fro Grand Lodge and will drop you off on the opposite end of Main Street from where Marriott’s resort sits.

However, I take issue with the comment that Grand Lodge is superior to the Marriott resort. We were owners at Grand Lodge for ONE reason, as owners we were allowed to bring our dogs with (owners only, not exchangers). The hot tubs are superior to Marriott’s resort and there is an onsite restaurant. Grand Lodge also has more grills and overall has a larger footprint than Marriott, allowing them to offer more amenities. But that’s where the supporting ends. The units themselves may be larger, but the furnishings are inferior to Marriott.

if your looking for more of a resort feel then I agree Grand Lodge is a better choice. If your looking for quality creature comforts in the unit then Marriott is the better choice.

One other thing to keep in mind is Grand Lodges’s location. It sits at 10,000 feet above sea level whereas the Marriott is closer to 9,000 feet. The difference can be meaningful to some. Friends of ours did fine while in town but had symptoms of altitude sickness while on property at Grand Lodge. In town they did fine. Onsite at Grand Lodge they had issues.

We’ve since disposed of our Grand Lodge ownership and purchased at Grand Colorado on Peak 8. Mostly because the unit quality is closer to Marriott and, like Grand Lodge, we can bring our dogs.

Here are some links to our photo albums of Grand Lodge on Peak 7.

https://dougp26364.smugmug.com/Travel/TImeshare/Grand-Lodge-on-Peak-7-Sept/

https://dougp26364.smugmug.com/Travel/TImeshare/Grand-Lodge-on-Peak-7/

https://dougp26364.smugmug.com/Travel/TImeshare/Grand-Lodge-on-Peak-7-July/

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
My wife likes fireplaces which marriott does not have but she does like convenience of walking to shops etc plus we can walk to lift. Our dilemma is 1 bd vs 2 bd and is grand timber lodge or grand peak at 7 worth going up the hill a bit.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
It sounds like you may be getting Grand Timber Lodge confused with Grand Lodge on Peak 7.

Grand Timber Lodge is very close to Marriott's Mountain Valley Lodge.

Grand Lodge on Peak 7 is is further away from town.

Depending on the age of your kids, I'd go with the 2 bedroom unit over a 1 bedroom, especially when skiing and people have bulkier items. Usually the living rooms don't have enough storage space when doubling as a sleeping area.

I have an exchange into GTL this Saturday so I'm excited to check it out!

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Grand Colorado on Peak 8

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I've stayed at both the Lodge at Peak 7 and the Grand Timber Lodge. Both are ski in ski out, Peak 7 you put on your skis and ski down to the lift, at Timber Lodge it's not that easy. One side of the building has a trail that brings you into the resort and it's quite a push. There is a lift that will take you out from that side, but it's old and long. The other side is ski out, but the trail isn't maintained by the resort and can be difficult.

You can take the gondola from the base at peak 7 to the base of peak 8.

I have never stayed at the Marriott there, so my only experiences are with the Lodge at Peak 7 and the Grand Timber Lodge.

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ok, A 2 bd Grand Colorado at Peak 8 came up and I changed out Marriott via Eplus. My wife was sold with fireplace and washer/Drier. My kids will be in ski school so it looks like it is right there. Also my wife and I mostly ski greens(occasional blue) so it looks like that would be better than Peak 7? For those that have stayed there I see two different 2 bd configurations(2 BD Colorado and 2 Bd Breckenridge) Can I request either one and if so which would you choose? Also is there a certain buliding and/or room I should request for views etc. We do have 2 kids 11 and 14.
Thank you!

Tokapeba

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congratulations I'm sure you will be happy there. You can reserve the movie theater and you should do it a week before you go to get the time you would like.

jlp879

TUG Member
Reaction score
We are in Breckenridge now staying at the Grand Timber Lodge. We really love the location.

Great score on the Grand Colorado on Peak 8! It's a beautiful property right on the edge of the hill. Go for the two bedroom Colorado layout. It's quite a bit bigger than the Breckenridge two bedroom, though both sleep 8. The kitchen/living room area are drop dead gorgeous. You'll love it.

Peak 7 is all easy blues. It's a great area for advanced beginners, with the runs not being too steep.

JT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Colorado-awesome...is there a certain building we should request for view of mountain/gondola? Gonna go for some easy blues this trip as well.