• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Owner Update Presentation

t3jjj

TUG Member
Reaction score
We recently attended an owner update while staying at the Great Smokey Mountains location. I usually just say no and move on. The offer on the table was intriguing, but I did not want to spend additional time sifting through the details. I was wondering if someone on here had the same experience and may have delved into more details. Here are my details:

* Currently own UDI resale contract for 63,000 points for use EOY.
* Home resort is Bonnet Creek.

At the end of the presentation, they presented me with the following:

* Upgrade to silver status.
* Convert existing contract into the PIC program.
* Give me credit for the Disney Vacation Club I own.
* Maintenance Fee is paid across multiple resorts instead of just one.
* Access to the Cruise Ship program.
* Program was offered at $15,000, but was discounted to $9,000.

Any ideas on what the details of this program being offered were?

The salesman was also indicating that there was a record of a bad interaction at the last Owner's Update I attended and he was going to extend this special offer. Essentially what happened was that our friends went with us to Reunion Resort in Florida and attended the presentation with us. Their sales lady abandoned them over a mile from the main office and we had to drive to pick them up. I complained the so-called lead salesman, but received no satisfaction.

Any ideas on what they were trying to do?

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
Need more details on how many contract points ?
By giving you credit for your DVC. Are you trading in your DVC ownership?

t3jjj

TUG Member
Reaction score
The points were the minimum needed for silver vip status. They said it would not affect the DVD ownership.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
The points were the minimum needed for silver vip status. They said it would not affect the DVD ownership.
In your first post you state your converting a contract to the PIC program. You own a fixed week that is not DVC or Wyndham?
Your current Wyndham contract has nothing to do with the PIC program and can’t be converted into the PIC program.

If you have a 3 bedroom that is eligible for the PIC program you still need 146k points for Silver
I don’t think they will sell you 146k annual point contract for $9,000.00. If they do go for it.
Probably selling you less points with bonus points to make you TEMPORARY Silver for 2 years

CruiseGuy

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Panama City Beach, Bonnet Creek, and Royal Vista
You need to specify the exact number of points they were selling you, and how many points credit they were giving you for the PIC program. Do you understand what the PIC program is? Sounds like they were going to PIC your DVC contract or something else you own? Also, was the PIC just for 5 years or was it permanent (based on what others have said, I'm guessing 5 years and that after that you would lose the silver VIP, but possibly not). These are important specifics that you need to know, and that others can only guess at.

What they were trying to do was sell you points and earn commission. And they were looking for a way to do it that might lure your in. PIC is a way to get VIP on the table without having to sell a lot of points in order to make the cost seem appealing, but you need to understand the program and what they were actually offering. Some have said that recent PIC contracts were limited to 5 years.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
You need to specify the exact number of points they were selling you, and how many points credit they were giving you for the PIC program. Do you understand what the PIC program is? Sounds like they were going to PIC your DVC contract or something else you own? Also, was the PIC just for 5 years or was it permanent (based on what others have said, I'm guessing 5 years and that after that you would lose the silver VIP, but possibly not). These are important specifics that you need to know, and that others can only guess at.

What they were trying to do was sell you points and earn commission. And they were looking for a way to do it that might lure your in. PIC is a way to get VIP on the table without having to sell a lot of points in order to make the cost seem appealing, but you need to understand the program and what they were actually offering. Some have said that recent PIC contracts were limited to 5 years.
PIC Express is for 5 years. PIC Plus can be long term.
I totally agree something is wrong with what the OP thinks they’re buying. In this case you could be Gold for under $20k. I don’t thinks that’s possible buying in thru Wyndham

t3jjj

TUG Member
Reaction score
In your first post you state your converting a contract to the PIC program. You own a fixed week that is not DVC or Wyndham?
Your current Wyndham contract has nothing to do with the PIC program and can’t be converted into the PIC program.

If you have a 3 bedroom that is eligible for the PIC program you still need 146k points for Silver
I don’t think they will sell you 146k annual point contract for $9,000.00. If they do go for it.
Probably selling you less points with bonus points to make you TEMPORARY Silver for 2 years

I own a points based resale Wyndham contract for 63,000 points per year with a use every even year. You said my current contract can't be converted into the PIC program, but that was the offer on the table.

Braindead

TUG Member
Reaction score
I own a points based resale Wyndham contract for 63,000 points per year with a use every even year. You said my current contract can't be converted into the PIC program, but that was the offer on the table.
I would say that’s impossible but nothing is impossible with WYN
With that said the PIC program is specifically for NON Wyndham fixed weeks that trade in RCI and have no points associated with the contract or the resort.
You don’t have a contract to look at to tell what the salesman told you has any truth to the offer.
Wyndham won’t give you $.01 credit for your resale contract.

Your welcome to go back and make sure what was offered to you but I don’t think anyone else has received any offer like that. I don’t even know how an offer like what you describe is even in play

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
PIC express (limited time program 5 years?) you get credit for the points toward VIP but you cannot actually use the points/deposit the week for Wyndham points.
If it was for an RCI points week and the offer was for regular PIC then they will expect that you unenroll the week from the RCI points program in order to actually use the contract. Someone else posted a similar offering and they would have to take it out of points before it could be used in any way in the regular PIC program.

You can not PIC a Wyndham week. For $9000 they are probably selling you an EOY 105,000 points contract. Your resale week would still be yours and you would get benefits at whatever level you get to but those points won't count toward any VIP level.

Either the salesperson misunderstood what you already owned or you misunderstood the offer or a combination of both. If all you own is resale Wyndham and DVC you won't be VIP for long and you will end up with an EOY 105,000 additional contract.

Last edited:

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Ocean walk daytona, Brandon at the falls, and great Smokies lodge
Smoky Mountain is really out to offer things that I thought I would never succumb to but needless to say, I did. Now, before I lose my mind please set me straight. I bought 105,000 CWA for $23780 since i traded Daytona Ocean Walk to CWA credited $17,800 to reduce price from the $40000. Changing MF to Annual to be paid end of year by Extra Holidays rental of the 105,000. I don't know if that is a given and I believe that may be where I got sucked in as I thought, now my extra 132,000 I could give to Extra holidays and help pay the $17,800 .What am I missing? I know I could rent for for 100% rather than 60/40 extra holidays but I don't like the risk of losing rental since I am not savvy on pricing for assured income. I usually rent points at 7/1000. That just covers my cost plus some extra. Wyndham says they charge 12/1000. Anyone have any expertise?
This gives me a total of 507,000 points and permanent VIP Silver which I would be even if I sold 105,000 points, right?
My usual response is "for the $23,780 I could pay my current MF for at least 8 more years and at 84 that is sufficient for my needs."

Last edited:

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham CWA, Bali Hai, and National Harbor; Summit at Massanutten
Nomad, The FULL retail price for 1000 points bought directly from Wyndham is $253. So your 105K CWA points would go for 26,565 not $40,000.

Don't count on Extra Holiday. You are being sucked in. Rescind or don't take the deal.

Use your usual response....

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nomad, The FULL retail price for 1000 points bought directly from Wyndham is $253. So your 105K CWA points would go for 26,565 not $40,000.

Don't count on Extra Holiday. You are being sucked in. Rescind or don't take the deal.

Use your usual response....
Thank you .I have been praying for wisdom. Now I can go to sleep.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Thank you .I have been praying for wisdom. Now I can go to sleep.
Interesting note: I called Barclay last night about the $10,178. Charged to my CC and said it was in pending and would be rescinded. Their reply was "no, it has been posted" This morning, I called 800.251.8736 and was greeted with a survey for winning a cruise. Now it says this number is not available from this area. I have now called Wyndham Help here to talk with person who issued the contract where I was not to mention anything about using extra holidays which wouldn't be approved for 3-4 weeks and also after the rescinding time would have expired.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nomad, Please rescind IN WRITING in the mail to the Wyndham address in the contract packet. You are being taken, and it is confusing you. This is not a good deal and you need to take care of this in writing.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nomad, Please rescind IN WRITING in the mail to the Wyndham address in the contract packet. You are being taken, and it is confusing you. This is not a good deal and you need to take care of this in writing.
Thank you . I found the letter to rescind and have written my letter but need to ask how many of these pages need to be attached? When I get back home I can type my letter and make copies for Barclay Bank and Wyndham Las Vegas and send it registered mail mainly to LV right?

Feeling relaxed now after call from LifeLock and writing my letter. Return Friday to post all Saturday to LV. Also happy to say, I listened, spoke little and had no anger in any of my calls so far. Listened to God for wisdom and patience has been much easier.

Last edited:

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
You just send the letter to Wyndham. You don't need attachments as long as your contract number is in the letter. Make sure that you are within your deadline of days to rescind when you get home. If you are NOT, use the business center computer at the resort. If you need help as another guest (NOT WYNDHAM STAFF) to help you. You need to get this in the mail and postmarked by the deadline to rescind.

You can contact Barclay, but it is not really the most urgent. Wyndham is urgent.

schoolmarm

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I think that you can HANDWRITE your letter...just get it in the mail and postmarked!

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I noticed the PO Box address and will send one tomorrow certified with just my letter and their form for rescinding and possibly the whole contract with a copy of both of these attached. At least that doubles my efforts to rescind.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Returned .home today, pulled up my rescission letter from 2013 for Pathways contract and just typed new information for this rescission. Feel great since I told of how sales intimidates elderly believing us to have boocoos stashed away even though I have said repeatedly I sold my house to pay for the last contract .
Again told don't mention this to the ones who prepare the paper work or it will be shredded and they could lose their license. Drain the Swamp of Wyndham. Sent it UPS with tracking to arrive Wednesday and may send certified USPS tomorrow just to make sure they get the notice in time especially after sticky note on ovation thread today.

MaryBella7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nomad, please stop going to owner updates. They lie to take advantage of you, and it is not worth the stress you are going through.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Nomad, please stop going to owner updates. They lie to take advantage of you, and it is not worth the stress you are going through.
Thank you for your concern but I am thankful my daughter has told me now she will never urge me to attend any more even if they give me $1000 to listen because they don't hear anything I say. I feel a class action suit for elderly needs to be another case to add to their law problems.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Why have I gone to updates?... Because I had to learn about Voyager which they could never teach me because I couldn't register . I have learned more from Wyndham 101 online than anywhere except TUG.

Last edited:

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Why have I gone to updates?... Because I had to learn about Voyager which they could never reach me because I couldn't register .
Updates are not to help you learn anything or to teach you anything or to give you information about anything. They may tell you that is why "you have to attend" but you never have to attend and the only reason updates exist are to sell you something. They will tell you almost anything be it truth or fiction if they think it will get you to buy. The "update team" from top to bottom including the gift comes out of the marketing budget and in many cases the actual person you are talking to relies almost entirely on commission. If they want a paycheck they have to convince you that you need to buy something be it another contract, a discovery package or switch you from deeded to CWA and back again.

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Updates are not to help you learn anything or to teach you anything or to give you information about anything. They may tell you that is why "you have to attend" but you never have to attend and the only reason updates exist are to sell you something. They will tell you almost anything be it truth or fiction if they think it will get you to buy. The "update team" from top to bottom including the gift comes out of the marketing budget and in many cases the actual person you are talking to relies almost entirely on commission. If they want a paycheck they have to convince you that you need to buy something be it another contract, a discovery package or switch you from deeded to CWA and back again.
Yes, that is exactly true as my visit last month in PC tried to convince me he would certainly tell his mother this was the best thing I could do was to buy CWA and when I said no, he asked me how would I feel if my children or grands or greatgrands told me they didn't get paid or couldn't provide food for their family and I said I would them
"Get s job that pays you for your work".

Last edited:

Nomad34

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Great news today . contract rescinded and wonderful changes to my ownership and finding more openings to book than in a long time. Things are looking up so I want to thank TUG for helping me to understand my timeshare ownership which truly changed for me .