• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Fishermen’s Village

silentg

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
75799623-F902-4D44-BAA7-8B33B381F723.jpeg
Hi Tug Members,
We went to South Florida to visit cousins in Bonita Springs last week end. We stayed in Port Charlotte, across from Punta Gourda. This was supposed to be our timeshare week at Fishermen’s Village. Fishermen’s Village Timeshares are closed and will remain closed probably until June. We went to the office and they told us they have to get approvals from Insurance and permits from the city to re open. We were told that a lengthily explanation letter would be coming in the mail. Also unlikely we will get any bonus time for our lost week. We can’t complain though, no maintenance fee has been charge for this year (yet).
Here is a photo of me standing outside our timeshare unit. We hope to stay there next January. We still had a fun time last weekend. Used IHG points for hotel stay.

rapmarks

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Is fishermans village still open? Was planning on meeting a cousin in Venice there some time, as we live in estero

charlja

TUG Member
Reaction score
We own here. Received our maintenance bill yesterday. $1940!!!!! The letter didn't explain enough as far as I am concerned. No projected opening date. No explanation of what happens if/when the insurance company does pay. No summary of what repairs will be made. At the end of the letter it says that if we don't pay they will cancel our license agreement. What does that mean? Thanks for any replies. Very frustrated - this bill is HUGE. Poor management letter!

crashman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fisherman's Village, Punta Gorda, Fl.
We have owned at Fisherman's Village for years. The place has gone downhill significantly in terms of maintenance. We too got the letter demanding nearly $2000 in maintenance. Something doesn't smell right here. They say the insurance is delayed but they need money now for repairs. I suspect that there is no insurance assessment, or if there is, the ins co. said the damage is pre-existing hurricane Irma. A friend was there last week and the resort has been closed since Irma with no damage visible on outside. Our request for the insurance adjustment was declined. We will ask for the construction estimate but I am sure there is none. This is likely a scam. Owners do not pay until this gets sorted out. Owners should make decisions, not some unknown "managers".

Crashman

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
For those who have not owned this place for long, it was closed for extensive repair after Hurricane Charley in 2004. We exchanged into a week there for July 4th through RCI and we lost the exchange due to resort closure and RCI did not give us a replacement week or exchange fee refund. The resort was closed for more than a year then. I wonder if the repair was not completely done then or that subsequently they had not done any routine refurbishments.

charlja

TUG Member
Reaction score
Technically we have a “right to use” vacation license, and don’t own anything really. That is why you never see owner meetings or voting as are common with timesharrs that have “owners in common”.

It is water damage. I was told there is no repair plan in place since tgey don’t know the amount of money they may get through insurance. So how did they set an amount of maintenance without a real plan of costs?

It doesn’t smell right. Maybe they didn’t use the insurance money properly and make the stated repairs after Charley. I feel they should release us without consequences from our vacation license. It could well be that is what they want...
http://www.fishville.com/fishermens-village-buy-nearby-impac/

charlja

TUG Member
Reaction score
I did speak with the general manager today and he said that another informational letter is being mailed soon. Stay tuned.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
We own here. Received our maintenance bill yesterday. $1940!!!!! The letter didn't explain enough as far as I am concerned. No projected opening date. No explanation of what happens if/when the insurance company does pay. No summary of what repairs will be made. At the end of the letter it says that if we don't pay they will cancel our license agreement. What does that mean? Thanks for any replies. Very frustrated - this bill is HUGE. Poor management letter!
Sent you a PM

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
I did speak with the general manager today and he said that another informational letter is being mailed soon. Stay tuned.
You mean they are going to explain this? I won’t hold my breath!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
We have owned at Fisherman's Village for years. The place has gone downhill significantly in terms of maintenance. We too got the letter demanding nearly $2000 in maintenance. Something doesn't smell right here. They say the insurance is delayed but they need money now for repairs. I suspect that there is no insurance assessment, or if there is, the ins co. said the damage is pre-existing hurricane Irma. A friend was there last week and the resort has been closed since Irma with no damage visible on outside. Our request for the insurance adjustment was declined. We will ask for the construction estimate but I am sure there is none. This is likely a scam. Owners do not pay until this gets sorted out. Owners should make decisions, not some unknown "managers".

Crashman
We are not owners we have RTU lease, this is over for me!

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Is fishermans village still open? Was planning on meeting a cousin in Venice there some time, as we live in estero
Not open and no word on when it will if ever reopen?

crashman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Technically we have a “right to use” vacation license, and don’t own anything really. That is why you never see owner meetings or voting as are common with timesharrs that have “owners in common”.

It is water damage. I was told there is no repair plan in place since tgey don’t know the amount of money they may get through insurance. So how did they set an amount of maintenance without a real plan of costs?

It doesn’t smell right. Maybe they didn’t use the insurance money properly and make the stated repairs after Charley. I feel they should release us without consequences from our vacation license. It could well be that is what they want...
http://www.fishville.com/fishermens-village-buy-nearby-impac/

crashman

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well said Charlja! See my post of yesterday. Something very non-transparent is going on. Indeed they may want all owners out so they can sell the space.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Yes the shops and restaurants are open. The timeshare is closed.

JeffW

TUG Member
Reaction score
My father owns there. He also received the $1940 letter. I talking to my brother, who is handling some affairs for my father, he thought he saw where the RTU (either the resort as a whole, or our contract specifically) only is good through the mid 2020's. Can anyone else confirm this?

if so, particularly for us. I can't see the economic sense for it. I told him we might be better to just cut our losses: not many any more, and let FVR take over rights to the unit. While legally they could pursue other similar unit owners, if it's a significant portion of owners, would they? They'd need to find a new owner for us in a few years anyway when our RTU expires; us cancelling now just moves that up.

Thoughts?

Kathi fisher

Reaction score
I just got the latest info letter. I think it is time to contact the State of Florida re: this assessment, re Fl Statute2017, Title XL, Chapter 721. And the Timeshare Consumer Association . I don’t know how many owners or how to get the list, but we need to speak as a “whole” group, even a class action. There is something very unconventional occurring. Florida deals with hurricane damage every year but. It like this. Kathi Fisher

Jan M.

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Presidential Reserve at Panama City Beach
Club Wyndham Access
Grandview Las Vegas and Discovery Beach Resort - Both in RCI Points
Woodstone and Summit at Massanutten - Both in RCI weeks used as Wyndham PICs
Is it possible that they have made no attempt to actually do any of the work yet to restore the timeshare units because they have a buyer for the property? Are they hoping many owners let their ownerships revert back to the HOA or developer because if enough owners do that someone(s) are going to benefit greatly? I would be suspicious of hidden motives.

Nina Sinervo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summerbay Orlando

Crashman
It is thrue that the owners should make decisions. But have we any real power. Was the maintainance fee one thime or is it realy rised so much.

Nina Sinervo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summerbay Orlando
It is thrue that the owners should make decisions. But have we any real power. Was the maintainance fee one thime or is it realy rised so much.
It is frong if they do not calculate the costs and tell how much they are supposing to have from owners

Nina Sinervo

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Summerbay Orlando
View attachment 5582 Hi Tug Members,
We went to South Florida to visit cousins in Bonita Springs last week end. We stayed in Port Charlotte, across from Punta Gourda. This was supposed to be our timeshare week at Fishermen’s Village. Fishermen’s Village Timeshares are closed and will remain closed probably until June. We went to the office and they told us they have to get approvals from Insurance and permits from the city to re open. We were told that a lengthily explanation letter would be coming in the mail. Also unlikely we will get any bonus time for our lost week. We can’t complain though, no maintenance fee has been charge for this year (yet).
Here is a photo of me standing outside our timeshare unit. We hope to stay there next January. We still had a fun time last weekend. Used IHG points for hotel stay.
You mean they are going to explain this? I won’t hold my breath!
Have you got any expanation yet. I think that it would be good if this question be explained for all timeshare owners. As somebody said together we can fight bag othervais never nouws what would happem. Have you any arena were you can get together.

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Enchanted Isle.
Have you got any expanation yet. I think that it would be good if this question be explained for all timeshare owners. As somebody said together we can fight bag othervais never nouws what would happem. Have you any arena were you can get together.
Sent you a PM

siamesecat

Reaction score
Hello,

I am also an owner at Fishermen's Village. I wanted to deposit my 2018 week into Interval International so I paid the $645 that they quoted me at the time in November. They told me I could deposit. I also have the invoice and the March 12th letter that attempts to explain why we have to pay $1940 for 2018. I am concerned that no specifics are given on how much it would costs to renovate each unit. I am not paying anymore money until I know more. Please keep me in the loop.