• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Help with II Flexchange

Serina

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm confused about Flexchange with II. Hoping to get some advice on what to do...
I have one of my Marriott weeks to be exchanged in Flexchange. I purchased E-Plus. Today, I used 1 of the 3 E-Plus exchanges for the Flexchange as the check in date was for May in Orlando/ MCH. Now, my check in date for MCH is 6/14/18. Ideally, I'd like to go to Orlando this November but I'm not sure the best way to get it with the Flexchange restrictions.
Any advice is appreciated!

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm confused about Flexchange with II. Hoping to get some advice on what to do...
I have one of my Marriott weeks to be exchanged in Flexchange. I purchased E-Plus. Today, I used 1 of the 3 E-Plus exchanges for the Flexchange as the check in date was for May in Orlando/ MCH. Now, my check in date for MCH is 6/14/18. Ideally, I'd like to go to Orlando this November but I'm not sure the best way to get it with the Flexchange restrictions.
Any advice is appreciated!
With 2 ePlus remaining, they won't get you to Nov. You may be able to do a retrade when the ePlus runs out and costs you another full exchange fees.

mauitraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
With 2 ePlus remaining, they won't get you to Nov. You may be able to do a retrade when the ePlus runs out and costs you another full exchange fees.
I'm still learning about Flexchange also. Because the original check-in date was for May, would the OP have been able to make her first E-plus trade for a July check-in date, or is she limited to 60 days from today? TIA

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm still learning about Flexchange also. Because the original check-in date was for May, would the OP have been able to make her first E-plus trade for a July check-in date, or is she limited to 60 days from today? TIA
The way I read it, OP has used one ePlus with a check in date of 6/14/18. OP can add most trade until 4 months after with the next 2 ePlus.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
If you retrade to outside of the 60 day window, is your next Eplus still restricted to 60 days after that? In the same scenario, if you cancel and get a cancellation replacement, is the cancellation replacement good for the one year with no restrictions?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
If you retrade to outside of the 60 day window, is your next Eplus still restricted to 60 days after that? In the same scenario, if you cancel and get a cancellation replacement, is the cancellation replacement good for the one year with no restrictions?
From my own experience, once I crossed the 60-day mark, ePlus only allowed me to retrade to resorts within 60 days. I have also gotten cancellation replacement for an exchange within 60 days, while it was good for a year, I could only see 60 days out inventory from current day.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
From my own experience, once I crossed the 60-day mark, ePlus only allowed me to retrade to resorts within 60 days. I have also gotten cancellation replacement for an exchange within 60 days, while it was good for a year, I could only see 60 days out inventory from current day.
Though when you cancelled, were you inside of 60 days?

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
Yes. It gave me a 1 year replacement week but I could only search for 60-day out inventory.
So what I am wondering, if you have a 60 day restricted EPlus, but retrade so you are outside of the 60 days and then cancel, is your cancellation replacement restricted too?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So what I am wondering, if you have a 60 day restricted EPlus, but retrade so you are outside of the 60 days and then cancel, is your cancellation replacement restricted too?
I have not been able to retrade an EPlus outside of 60 days when I am within 60 days. Each retrade had been inside 60 days.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA
I have not been able to retrade an EPlus outside of 60 days when I am within 60 days. Each retrade had been inside 60 days.
I thought that when you retrade with restricted EPlus, that you can retrade up to 60 days beyond your checkin date? Meaning if you were to checkin May 20th, you could retrade out to July 20th. If you did that today, your new checkin would be outside the 60 day window?

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought that when you retrade with restricted EPlus, that you can retrade up to 60 days beyond your checkin date? Meaning if you were to checkin May 20th, you could retrade out to July 20th. If you did that today, your new checkin would be outside the 60 day window?
Yes, I can retrade 60 days beyond but not more than 60 days beyond today, not from original reservation date.

tschwa2

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
A few in S and VA, a single resort in NC, MD, PA, and UT, plus Jamaica and the Bahamas
Yes, I can retrade 60 days beyond but not more than 60 days beyond today, not from original reservation date.
With regular flex change it is 59 days from todays (the current date), with eplus it is 59/60 days from the current check in date. If the Op had a May week she should have gone out as far as possible both for the first confirmed exchange and then using the first eplus. I think she could have gotten to November but as it is since the eplus retrade was used and you can't take it back she is stuck and 10/10 is probably as far out as she will be able to go.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
With regular flex change it is 59 days from todays (the current date), with eplus it is 59/60 days from the current check in date. If the Op had a May week she should have gone out as far as possible both for the first confirmed exchange and then using the first eplus. I think she could have gotten to November but as it is since the eplus retrade was used and you can't take it back she is stuck and 10/10 is probably as far out as she will be able to go.
Agree. That is my take on this.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Club Wyndham CWA

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
So my question is, if you do retrade out to November, then cancel, is the cancellation replacement still restricted?
Do you mean when you exhaust the 3 ePlus which were all restricted to 60 days? I tried it once and the replacement week was good for one year and it was still restricted to 60 days at a time and I could not even put an on-going search request on it. It looked and smelled like a 12-month restricted ePlus.

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
So my question is, if you do retrade out to November, then cancel, is the cancellation replacement still restricted?

It depends.

If the original deposit was flex restricted then the flex restricted flag will remain. This means that when you cancel the rep will see that it is a flex restricted deposit so the cancellation replacement will also be flex restricted. This also means that when you hop forward using E-Plus you are stuck once you use the last E-Plus retrade. The E-Plus type flex restriction allows hoping forward but once they are exhausted it reverts back to 60 days from today. This means that you could have a reservation 5 months out but when you try another full fee retrade you can only see something two months out to exchange to. I am in this situation on an exchange so this is confirmed.

If the original deposit is not flex restricted, but you get inside 60 days with E-Plus, then retrade out and exhaust, it should not be flagged as flex restricted (unless things have changed). If it is no longer tagged as flex restricted in the system then you should get an unrestricted cancellation replacement.

Last edited:

Serina

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great information. It doesn't look like my two E Plus exchanges will get me to a November stay. Are you saying I can cancel and get my week back into my II account without restrictions?

Saintsfanfl

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for all the great information. It doesn't look like my two E Plus exchanges will get me to a November stay. Are you saying I can cancel and get my week back into my II account without restrictions?

No, because it sounds like from your original post that you started with a flex restricted deposit. When you cancel you technically do not get your original deposit back. What you get is a "replacement" deposit but if your originating deposit was flex restricted then your replacement will also be flex restricted.

You can though get to November by cancelling, getting a flex restricted deposit, and then waiting a little closer where you can hop forward and get to November. You would be stuck paying another exchange fee and E-plus fee.

Another option is Orlando is pretty easy to get. You could wait until getaways in November are released and then book one.