• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmount
So the May 10th Court date is now just around the corner.

I am hoping Option 1 survivors plan to support those still affected by Northmont at the hearing as the opportunity to be in front of a Judge in this manner is very rare or possibly unprecedented. I truly believe our voices were heard by the Courts and they have a plan to help as result of the outcry earlier this year.

If given an opportunity to speak I hope someone can respectfully portray we are the victims not Northmont who, in the eyes of the Courts, have crafted themselves as victims and saviors of ‎a once great place to create family memories.

Our legal team failed miserably on many levels and in the end victimized us more than Northmont did through their breaches in trust. I for one am working towards holding them accountable for their incompetence, pirateering, and collusive actions.

Looking at the victims of Fairmont we now have:
  • Anyone who purchased a timeshare at Fairmont
  • The different types of Fairmont REIT investors
  • The community of Fairmont
  • Other Canadians who have a timeshare their developer decides it is time to monetize and sell cancellations or even an honest developer who wants to sell timeshares
  • ‎Possibly new to the list – Francis Sauvageau and Associates

Mr. Sauvageau may seem strange to be added to my list as a victim with so many of us knowing him as an adversary these past years but I think it's very important to recognize this next move Northmont's is engaging in.

Mr. Sauvageau expanded his business because of taking on Northmont as a client which means he is supporting families and the economy to do a job everyone hates but is a necessity in today’s world. As a business owner who gets bad debt from time to time I don’t have the knowledge or resources to do collections effectively so would really on someone who has the competency and a thick enough skin to get the job done to help me with my bottom line.

Optimistically I look at how events pre-dating Northmont strategically created a playbook with a roadmap for its own WOW game to conquer all the games treasure (our money and properties). This would require allies to be used in defeating us, but allies don’t get to read the playbook so are just strategic pieces to the game. Allies are expendable and Mr. Sauvageau if under the pretense of initially being engaged to assist in collecting bad debt for Northmont so had a legit purpose in doing business with Northmont. This relationship was initiated ahead of the realignment plan but if a participant didn’t understand the consequences of their involvement would have evolved in pretty much the same way the Courts got involved and misunderstood the big picture. Northmont, as part of its plan, was just getting someone to do the heavy lifting and allowed their pawn to wade to deep just touching the treasure which Northmont quickly pulling away. I don’t see the Courts or Mr. Sauvageau as being unsophisticated but they have both have been possibly fooled by Northmont and are just casualties like a pawn in a game of chess in Northmonts game.

Without Mr. Sauvageau being good at his craft Northmont would not have such a strong position but it was Geldert and Northmont who ensured the conflict went on as long as possible to maximize profits at our expense. For Mr. Sauvageau’s part he built Northmont a foundation to collect a bad debt and yes he was to profit from those efforts but this is what is supposed to happen when hired to do a job. At the end of the day his company was meeting their obligations of their relationship with Northmont.

Having the opportunity to have read Mr. Sauvageau’s claim against Northmont and knowing it exists is extremely important and you can be rest assured Northmont will be desperate to have this sealed as quickly as possible possibly using the guise to keep details of resent settlement confidential. Mr. Sauvageau has a team or people who by nature of their occupations know how to dig for info the average lay person would have a hard time finding or knowing how to present this info in Court – he may also already have knowledge of Northmont and Geldert’s skeletons given the time he has spent working with them. What could be available and presented through Mr. Sauvageau fight with Northmont may end up being very damaging to Northmont but of great benefit to all of us.

Collectively the litigation group and Mr. Sauvageau now appear to have a mutual fight against Northmont and may have information and resources that would benefit each other’s causes.

For the resort timeshare owners Northmont, the developer, has always claimed to operate the resort in a “prudent and workmanlike manner” for the benefit of these owners as a huge part of its own defense – so what happens if Mr. Sauvageau goes the distance and wins against Northmont? From my perspective the Courts have already made clear that the timeshare owners are going to foot the legal costs of an action but Northmont will also put themselves into a position that the cost of a settlement will also be on the backs of timeshare owners. Northmont has positioned itself as having no risk and just needs to appear to “act” in the resorts best interests for it to be a resort expense allowing Northmont profit as it gets to keep what was denied Mr. Sauvageau as his part of the recent settlement agreement – this becomes a cost of business to the resort which the remaining timeshare owners pay for.

Pessimistically maybe this is the plan to strategically have all cost born by timeshare owners if both Northmont and Mr. Sauvageau are actually authors of different chapters of the same playbook. My logic above shows how both Northmont and Mr. Sauvageau can eventually end up both being winners through the courts if they appear to be in opposing camps to gain insights or strategic alliances to weaken whatever opposition still exists to the overall roadmap down the road. Possibly the sustained opposition that is occurring now has created a chink in the Northmont armor they are trying to mend or it is just simple greed. Both Northmont and Mr. Sauvageau are very complex individuals and have a profound way to look at various angles so all aspects need to be considered.

Anyone left at the resort needs to wonder:
  • Where has the millions collected in maintenance, renovation fees, interest, penalties, or any sale of lands have gone?
  • Northmont legal fees are built into and paid as part of the yearly maintenance fee – ever wish you could see a deep dive into what else is built into these fees?
  • What is up with the money collected for the renovations? The big fight is technically over with the huge settlement reached, shouldn’t they be under way?
  • What buildings will be prioritized in getting their differed maintenance addressed and face-lifts this fall? Sounds like Hillside is 1st up, ever wonder what the priorities will be and who is footing the bill for the new hotel?
  • Will more neglect in getting things done in what is left of the Fairmont Resort result in new differed maintenance adding to the existing problems and what will the additional costs be if Northmont gets around to completing the original renovation project again or is this an opportunity to extort the next round of treasure?

With the millions already collected Fairmont should be on track to be “5 Star Resort”, with a huge reserve fund, and low maintenance fees but does anyone see that fairy tail rainbow in the skies ahead?

As a timeshare owner either in good standing or currently delinquent one needs to know how many other things is Northmont complicit in passing on related to the costs or operating the resort which is born by timeshare owners without a true disclosure of the costs of its actions – how can something like this be viewed as provoking a lawsuit be working in a prudent and workman manner for timeshare owners when lawsuits against the resort are allowed to sealed and concealed from it's owners?

There is a huge need to keep this from becoming sealed and possibly Mr. Sauvageau and Associates can help unveil the truth about what lies in the Northmont dungeons and peel back the mask so if we can find a way to collaborate I think we could have an adversary who becomes an alley but how do we develop a mutual trust given all we have been through already?

truthr

Reaction score

I am hoping Option 1 survivors plan to support those still affected by Northmont at the hearing as the opportunity to be in front of a Judge in this manner is very rare or possibly unprecedented. I truly believe our voices were heard by the Courts and they have a plan to help as result of the outcry earlier this year.

If given an opportunity to speak I hope someone can respectfully portray we are the victims not Northmont who, in the eyes of the Courts, have crafted themselves as victims and saviors of ‎a once great place to create family memories.

Our legal team failed miserably on many levels and in the end victimized us more than Northmont did through their breaches in trust. I for one am working towards holding them accountable for their incompetence, pirateering, and collusive actions.

Looking at the victims of Fairmont we now have:
  • Anyone who purchased a timeshare at Fairmont
  • The different types of Fairmont REIT investors
  • The community of Fairmont
  • Other Canadians who have a timeshare their developer decides it is time to monetize and sell cancellations or even an honest developer who wants to sell timeshares
  • ‎Possibly new to the list – Francis Sauvageau and Associates

Mr. Sauvageau may seem strange to be added to my list as a victim with so many of us knowing him as an adversary these past years but I think it's very important to recognize this next move Northmont's is engaging in.

Mr. Sauvageau expanded his business because of taking on Northmont as a client which means he is supporting families and the economy to do a job everyone hates but is a necessity in today’s world. As a business owner who gets bad debt from time to time I don’t have the knowledge or resources to do collections effectively so would really on someone who has the competency and a thick enough skin to get the job done to help me with my bottom line.

Optimistically I look at how events pre-dating Northmont strategically created a playbook with a roadmap for its own WOW game to conquer all the games treasure (our money and properties). This would require allies to be used in defeating us, but allies don’t get to read the playbook so are just strategic pieces to the game. Allies are expendable and Mr. Sauvageau if under the pretense of initially being engaged to assist in collecting bad debt for Northmont so had a legit purpose in doing business with Northmont. This relationship was initiated ahead of the realignment plan but if a participant didn’t understand the consequences of their involvement would have evolved in pretty much the same way the Courts got involved and misunderstood the big picture. Northmont, as part of its plan, was just getting someone to do the heavy lifting and allowed their pawn to wade to deep just touching the treasure which Northmont quickly pulling away. I don’t see the Courts or Mr. Sauvageau as being unsophisticated but they have both have been possibly fooled by Northmont and are just casualties like a pawn in a game of chess in Northmonts game.

Without Mr. Sauvageau being good at his craft Northmont would not have such a strong position but it was Geldert and Northmont who ensured the conflict went on as long as possible to maximize profits at our expense. For Mr. Sauvageau’s part he built Northmont a foundation to collect a bad debt and yes he was to profit from those efforts but this is what is supposed to happen when hired to do a job. At the end of the day his company was meeting their obligations of their relationship with Northmont.

Having the opportunity to have read Mr. Sauvageau’s claim against Northmont and knowing it exists is extremely important and you can be rest assured Northmont will be desperate to have this sealed as quickly as possible possibly using the guise to keep details of resent settlement confidential. Mr. Sauvageau has a team or people who by nature of their occupations know how to dig for info the average lay person would have a hard time finding or knowing how to present this info in Court – he may also already have knowledge of Northmont and Geldert’s skeletons given the time he has spent working with them. What could be available and presented through Mr. Sauvageau fight with Northmont may end up being very damaging to Northmont but of great benefit to all of us.

Collectively the litigation group and Mr. Sauvageau now appear to have a mutual fight against Northmont and may have information and resources that would benefit each other’s causes.

For the resort timeshare owners Northmont, the developer, has always claimed to operate the resort in a “prudent and workmanlike manner” for the benefit of these owners as a huge part of its own defense – so what happens if Mr. Sauvageau goes the distance and wins against Northmont? From my perspective the Courts have already made clear that the timeshare owners are going to foot the legal costs of an action but Northmont will also put themselves into a position that the cost of a settlement will also be on the backs of timeshare owners. Northmont has positioned itself as having no risk and just needs to appear to “act” in the resorts best interests for it to be a resort expense allowing Northmont profit as it gets to keep what was denied Mr. Sauvageau as his part of the recent settlement agreement – this becomes a cost of business to the resort which the remaining timeshare owners pay for.

Pessimistically maybe this is the plan to strategically have all cost born by timeshare owners if both Northmont and Mr. Sauvageau are actually authors of different chapters of the same playbook. My logic above shows how both Northmont and Mr. Sauvageau can eventually end up both being winners through the courts if they appear to be in opposing camps to gain insights or strategic alliances to weaken whatever opposition still exists to the overall roadmap down the road. Possibly the sustained opposition that is occurring now has created a chink in the Northmont armor they are trying to mend or it is just simple greed. Both Northmont and Mr. Sauvageau are very complex individuals and have a profound way to look at various angles so all aspects need to be considered.

Anyone left at the resort needs to wonder:
  • Where has the millions collected in maintenance, renovation fees, interest, penalties, or any sale of lands have gone?
  • Northmont legal fees are built into and paid as part of the yearly maintenance fee – ever wish you could see a deep dive into what else is built into these fees?
  • What is up with the money collected for the renovations? The big fight is technically over with the huge settlement reached, shouldn’t they be under way?
  • What buildings will be prioritized in getting their differed maintenance addressed and face-lifts this fall? Sounds like Hillside is 1st up, ever wonder what the priorities will be and who is footing the bill for the new hotel?
  • Will more neglect in getting things done in what is left of the Fairmont Resort result in new differed maintenance adding to the existing problems and what will the additional costs be if Northmont gets around to completing the original renovation project again or is this an opportunity to extort the next round of treasure?

With the millions already collected Fairmont should be on track to be “5 Star Resort”, with a huge reserve fund, and low maintenance fees but does anyone see that fairy tail rainbow in the skies ahead?

As a timeshare owner either in good standing or currently delinquent one needs to know how many other things is Northmont complicit in passing on related to the costs or operating the resort which is born by timeshare owners without a true disclosure of the costs of its actions – how can something like this be viewed as provoking a lawsuit be working in a prudent and workman manner for timeshare owners when lawsuits against the resort are allowed to sealed and concealed from it's owners?

There is a huge need to keep this from becoming sealed and possibly Mr. Sauvageau and Associates can help unveil the truth about what lies in the Northmont dungeons and peel back the mask so if we can find a way to collaborate I think we could have an adversary who becomes an alley but how do we develop a mutual trust given all we have been through already?
:clap::clap::wave:
Well said. It brings to mind an old saying "The enemy of my enemy is my friend" (an ancient proverb which suggests that two opposing parties can or should work together against a common enemy).

Not that I ever considered Sauvageau an actual enemy as I agree with Ultimate Betrayal that he and his staff were just doing what they were hired to do and unless we had proof that they were part of the "Wankel game", again they were just doing the job they were hired to do.

When you put things into perspective we were and some still are - his clients!! He was hired to represent the "resort", all of us; those who paid to stay and those who are still fighting are HIS CLIENTS, Kirk Wankel may have hired him but who has paid for his services? If Mr. Sauvageau is not paid out of the "settlement funds" that which he is owed for the work done, then who will pay? And who is paying for all these additional court/legal fees because Wankel has decided to renege on a legitimate deal?

And how can we ever find out how much monies were transferred from our so called counsel to the opposing side since our so called counsel in Alberta ensured that number and anything relating to the so called "Settlement Agreement" was sealed?

"Secrecy, being an instrument of conspiracy, ought never to be the system of a regular government" (and in our case corporation that is suppose to be looking out for their clients' best interest) ~ Jeremy Bentham, Philosopher (1748 - 1832)

I will find out more about this as to when the "hearing" will take place or whether NM is going to try to have a ban put on it so WE can ensure that anyone and everyone who still has an interest/stake in this resort can be present.;)

Last edited:
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont
When you put things into perspective we were and some still are - his clients!! He was hired to represent the "resort", all of us; those who paid to stay and those who are still fighting are HIS CLIENTS, Kirk Wankel may have hired him but who has paid for his services? If Mr. Sauvageau is not paid out of the "settlement funds" that which he is owed for the work done, then who will pay? And who is paying for all these additional court/legal fees because Wankel has decided to renege on a legitimate deal?

I am somewhat skeptical of the NM/RVM vs Sauvageau turn of events, but am also somewhat hopeful that it is real and will expose the truth. I would not rule anything out at this point. I would speculate this could be a very complex and well thought out game being played. Keeping in mind a previous judges decision, if the lease holders do not pay, than who? It may not be NM, the legal owners, again. RVM can bill for all expenses. This should be interesting and I look forward to see how it plays out. Lets hope for the best.

Last edited:

Hotpink

Reaction score
PULL THE WOOL OVER YOUR EYES. Goes back to the days when all gentlemen wore powdered wigs like the ones still worn by the judges in British courts. ... The expression 'pull the wool over his eyes' came from the practice of tilting a man's wig over his eyes, so he couldn't see what was going on." For those that may consider the actions by Sauvageau against NM as trying to “pull the wool over our eyes”, here is some excellent reading material.
This was just filed yesterday and it appears KW is being portrayed as a victim.

This was prepared by person in the Vancouver office who is an associate in the intellectual property group, working primarily on contentious matters regarding intellectual property rights.

Pay particular attention to item 36 which states "An order preserving the confidentiality of information is particularly justifiable in these circumstances, as “the order sought only minimally impairs the open court principle, […] whereas if confidentiality is not protected, it is lost forever.” The information that would be protected by a sealing order and is not of any public interest, but its disclosure would result in irreparable harm to the Northmont Defendants. Magnotta, supra, at para 26"

What FS is after, in Northmonts eyes is not in the publics interest and WOULD (( not could ) a real difference in inference) cause irreparable harm to Northmonts business.
Notice how many affidavits of KW are referenced in this filing and also take note of the concern on the behalf of Northmont of the disclosure by FS on the specific " secrets " he knows about the affairs of the organization he has been serving since 2012. Me thinks this a to keep this under wraps. Doubt that it will stop the FS's claim against Northmont.
But you Judge for yourself, just be careful of the BIG WHITE WIG

Attachments

• May 4 2018 Notice of Application .pdf
    153.6 KB · Views: 228

Petus@18

Reaction score
PULL THE WOOL OVER YOUR EYES. Goes back to the days when all gentlemen wore powdered wigs like the ones still worn by the judges in British courts. ... The expression 'pull the wool over his eyes' came from the practice of tilting a man's wig over his eyes, so he couldn't see what was going on." For those that may consider the actions by Sauvageau against NM as trying to “pull the wool over our eyes”, here is some excellent reading material.
This was just filed yesterday and it appears KW is being portrayed as a victim.

This was prepared by person in the Vancouver office who is an associate in the intellectual property group, working primarily on contentious matters regarding intellectual property rights.

Pay particular attention to item 36 which states "An order preserving the confidentiality of information is particularly justifiable in these circumstances, as “the order sought only minimally impairs the open court principle, […] whereas if confidentiality is not protected, it is lost forever.” The information that would be protected by a sealing order and is not of any public interest, but its disclosure would result in irreparable harm to the Northmont Defendants. Magnotta, supra, at para 26"

What FS is after, in Northmonts eyes is not in the publics interest and WOULD (( not could ) a real difference in inference) cause irreparable harm to Northmonts business.
Notice how many affidavits of KW are referenced in this filing and also take note of the concern on the behalf of Northmont of the disclosure by FS on the specific " secrets " he knows about the affairs of the organization he has been serving since 2012. Me thinks this a to keep this under wraps. Doubt that it will stop the FS's claim against Northmont.
But you Judge for yourself, just be careful of the BIG WHITE WIG

How can we get a copy of the second claim or of Wankel's affidavit? does anyone know?
Northmont alleging abuse of process!! FS vs JV!! @#$ priceless

Shake Down

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont/Sunchaser 92'
contentious matters regarding intellectual property rights

Wanklel should have filed a patents on his formula to Resort Management in fraud, money laundering, extortion and racketeering. Could benefit a 26.824% in royalties from any others using his secret formula! :ponder:

Hotpink

Reaction score
Petus
As long as the document or file is in the system and has NOT been sealed as Northmont is attempting to do with this file just go in and search using the file number indicated on the posted filings or even by name and you can start to see things. However TANSTAAFL There Ain't No Such Thing As A Free Lunch. In order to access much of what is in the system it will cost you. But its just money and I don't remember seeing pockets on Funeral shrouds. Good Luck

servemeout

Reaction score
The first cancellation of your VIA was approx. $3,200. That amount was valid until May 31,2013. Consequently the amount moved upward. $3,800/$11,500/ then a range between $9,750 to $13,800. Then the final amount of 162% of the invoice from Nov 2017. Over the last five years we were not allowed to use any time and the term of the lease has decreased. Our courts gave KMFW the right to charge what ever he wanted to charge. The one thing that the courts did not ensure, and that is that the NAFR would be renovated as the stated. One thing the MG was correct about, all they wanted is your money and now that is what Sauvageau wants is his money or should I say, his portion of the blood money. The amount of money claimed that NM got was $35,190,000. I would be fighting for 20% of that amount and he did not have to make a phone call or file any papers! Such a deal.

MarcieL

Reaction score
It appears K.W. is reading online stuff when it is referred to in his court documents. I thought he would be far to busy to engage in this menial exercise

aden2

Reaction score
The Consumer Protection Act of Alberta: allowing the government to act in the public interest by enabling the release of information about charges, convictions, and other enforcement actions taken under the Act.

Petus@18

Reaction score
Solicitor and Barrister defined: In England and some other Commonwealth jurisdictions, a legal distinction is made between solicitors and barristers. A solicitor has exclusive privileges of giving oral or written legal advice. A barrister has exclusive privileges of preparing and conducting litigation in the courts

We just find out why Geldert hired all of his buddies (the other moron lawyers who formed part of our 'legal dream team') to represent us in court. It seems like Geldert is not a barrister so he has not experience in appearing in front of a judge. Barristers mostly specialise in courtroom advocacy and litigation. (correct me if this is wrong)

Makes you wonder why did we retain this inept lawyer? He never appeared in court in front of a judge during hearings or trials; then he gave us the wrong advice during all these years resulting in an absurd amount of interest to be accumulated; the large sums of money just in interests added to whatever amount Northmont, Geldert and Wotherspoon decided it on a whim we owe as a final settlement. Yes! Geldert as a lawyer did not know anything but to delegate the work, bill us and ultimately betrayed us by collecting the 'windfall profits' for his new boss aka KMFW!.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser, Sheraton Desert Oasis
It appears K.W. is reading online stuff when it is referred to in his court documents. I thought he would be far to busy to engage in this menial exercise

If KMFW is reading this he should know that figuratively speaking, I have the same respect for him I have for a fire hydrant.

Except, a fire hydrant hasn't run a property into the ground. We all know it's #NAFR. A fire hydrant didn't tell the bankruptcy court that it was going to launch a marketing initiative to Make the Resort Great Again, then close it's Sales Division. A fire hydrant didn't charge everyone for new plumbing and then never actually replace all of the plumbing. A fire hydrant didn't, ... ah, piss on it.

Reaction score
Keep moving forward. United we stand. Nice to see a good turnout today in court.....and much support on other fronts as well. Staying strong and united as a wide variety of people with different circumstances (i.e. Option 1, Option 2, etc). Things are certainly unravelling and more info being uncovered. The saga continues.....

aden2

Reaction score
The NM hearing today with Justice Gill was disappointing because it was only a hearing and to hears stories from seniors that have medical and financial problems tell there sad stores in front of KW and JV was tearful. The only purpose that NM has is to get as much as they can suck out of you and then want more and think this is business way...

MarcieL

Reaction score
I found it disappointing as well as no one got to speak in their own defense. It was all about appeals, never heard of the one, that a lady mentioned. People came from the Island, Saskatoon, Calgary and other points in S.Ab. And I felt little was accomplished but discussion of various appeals most court time was taken up by J.V. I was somewhat amazed when the justice announced court time would only be an hour.

GypsyOne

Reaction score
I found it disappointing as well as no one got to speak in their own defense. It was all about appeals, never heard of the one, that a lady mentioned. People came from the Island, Saskatoon, Calgary and other points in S.Ab. And I felt little was accomplished but discussion of various appeals most court time was taken up by J.V. I was somewhat amazed when the justice announced court time would only be an hour.

So where does it go from here?

GypsyOne

Reaction score
If NM loses the battle on the interest ruling of Judge Young it opens the door further to other Consumer Protection Act violations. In my opinion there is a few violations including the "default remedy".
I agree completely. Strange the default clause didn't get more attention in the first court hearing.

dotbuhler

Reaction score
I think the fact that a number of us were able to apply to appeal after Thursday's hearing was a major concession. Mind you, a toe in the door is not a foot in the door, but it's a start. It was more than I had before I ended up in Court yesterday, so for me, this was a major deal. If you were one of the "76" you had already been where I have my sights set on. Small victories are still incredibly precious in this soul-grinding exercise. For everyone who will be filing an Affidavit for the right to be added to the Appellants list, please remember that the Affidavit must be filed by May 31, 2018. You will want to explain your reason(s) for having your name included with those already on the list. And only those present at the May 10th hearing were granted this concession.

MarcieL

Reaction score
And only those present at the May 10th hearing were granted this concession.

I think this is totally unfair, what happens to the others that were not notified, should they be located?

Reaction score
We couldnt make it to the hearing like many others who paid kw thousands.We think all option 1 manipulated mg settlement folks should be included in any final judgement or appeal. If anyone has formed a group or is considering sueing your former useless lawyer mg let me and others know.After learning that hillside was sold off and now the theives own goon squad are sueing them for millons this soap opera never seems to end. Is this Canada or some 3rd worldcountry where there is no law.kw should be looking at doing some time for all of his fraudulant dealings with the once beautiful and fun to go to resort.Hopefully this latest judge has enough intelligence to see thru this whole manipulated mess for what it really is,a scam!

Frau Blucher

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
... It seems like Geldert is not a barrister so he has not experience in appearing in front of a judge. Barristers mostly specialise in courtroom advocacy and litigation. (correct me if this is wrong)

Makes you wonder why did we retain this inept lawyer? He never appeared in court in front of a judge during hearings or trials; then he gave us the wrong advice during all these years resulting in an absurd amount of interest to be accumulated; the large sums of money just in interests added to whatever amount Northmont, Geldert and Wotherspoon decided it on a whim we owe as a final settlement. Yes! Geldert as a lawyer did not know anything but to delegate the work, bill us and ultimately betrayed us by collecting the 'windfall profits' for his new boss aka KMFW!.

MG ignored all advise and kept arguing that the resort was mismanaged. It was almost as if
Sauvageau was pulling his strings. The reason for MG’s tunnel vision must have been that his head was so far up his own ass that he couldn’t see anything else. It’s amazing that someone so cocky could be so inept. I still can’t believe that bad lawyers like him can get rich on the tens of thousands of dollars that his clients have to shell out.

All provincial law societies should be overhauled so that the law society pays out damages when their investigation reveals that a lawyer is at fault instead of the lawyer’s ex-clients having to hire another lawyer to suit the first lawyer.