• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Maui Lahaina and Napili Villas

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
I just got an exchange for next April to a 1 bedroom in the Lahaina and Napili Villas. Have stayed in the original part multiple times but have never gotten an exchange to the newer villas. I assume these have a full kitchen. On the confirmation it says IVMT- I guess that means Island View- low floors facing the back. Does anyone have a room map?

It is interesting I had an exchange request for Maui any buildings for May/June 2019 and also Park City for a couple ski weeks mid-January thru February and this was the first week to match.

icydog

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Count yourself very very lucky. What did you trade to get that April week? Where on the reservation do you see a confirmation code. I’m going in July. I don’t see it on mine.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
Count yourself very very lucky. What did you trade to get that April week? Where on the reservation do you see a confirmation code. I’m going in July. I don’t see it on mine.
The confirmation (aka Unit Code) is only available in your My History on the II website.

dioxide45

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
I just got an exchange for next April to a 1 bedroom in the Lahaina and Napili Villas. Have stayed in the original part multiple times but have never gotten an exchange to the newer villas. I assume these have a full kitchen. On the confirmation it says IVMT- I guess that means Island View- low floors facing the back. Does anyone have a room map?

It is interesting I had an exchange request for Maui any buildings for May/June 2019 and also Park City for a couple ski weeks mid-January thru February and this was the first week to match.
IVMT....Maui Ocean Club Sequel......Island View........1BR portion of 2BR unit.

https://www.smugmug.com/gallery/n-pMXGQ/

TXTortoise

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Maui OC Lahaina Fixed (3+)
Kauai Waiohai
Vail Streamside Birch
Island View is only available in the Napili tower, though that assumes you get the view of the confirmation code. Hope you get lucky.

OF - Assigned to either Lahaina and Napili

OV & Mountain/Garden Views - Lahaina Only

Island Views - Napili Only

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the wrong month it is May. I had an exchange to a studio in the original section for April and then declined the exchange and this just came up today. I traded the 1 bedroom part of my Summit Watch Silver Season.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Sorry, the wrong month it is May. I had an exchange to a studio in the original section for April and then declined the exchange and this just came up today. I traded the 1 bedroom part of my Summit Watch Silver Season.

Wow, that’s a nice trade!

I traded a three bedroom, Silver week, at Marriott's Surf Watch— for a two bedroom Ocean View at Lahani and Nepali Towers. I found the view at Marriott.com in my reservation list.

I was sooooo happy to get the exact week I needed. I had a MVCI Destination Points reservation that I was able to cancel.. but thinking about it the week cost me the maintenance fees for Surfwatch $1556, and exchange fees $300, plus Insurance and Eplus and the week actually cost me ~$2000. Still a bargain. And those Insurance and Eplus charges were self-inflicted.

I just looked it up. The same week would’ve been 6650 DC points @ $00.60 per point—— those points would have cost me $3990. So I still saved ~ $2000.00 by making this exchange!

Last edited:

Carlsbadguy

Tug Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
My week is enrolled and only worth 1400 points for the entire week. Since enrolled, no charge for lock off and exchange so only cost half my yearly maintenance fee around $800. I also have a Kauai Beach Club 1 bedroom Ocean front which is worth 3375 points. Originally I was going to elect points for next years units for both resorts and I figured I could get about 9 days total in an oceanview 1 bedroom in Kauai and studio in Maui, so this works out much better for much less money. I wound up renting my Kauai week for a little more than mtc fees.

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
My week is enrolled and only worth 1400 points for the entire week. Since enrolled, no charge for lock off and exchange so only cost half my yearly maintenance fee around $800. I also have a Kauai Beach Club 1 bedroom Ocean front which is worth 3375 points. Originally I was going to elect points for next years units for both resorts and I figured I could get about 9 days total in an oceanview 1 bedroom in Kauai and studio in Maui, so this works out much better for much less money. I wound up renting my Kauai week for a little more than mtc fees.

I have some enrolled weeks but I normally turn them in for DC points.

I’ve only exchanged my Gold Oceana Palms for a Platinum Oceana Palms week. To me that was an excellent exchange because I love that resort.
I was able to exchange that Gold Oceana week for the week before my platinum Owner week. That way I was able to stay two weeks, in February, when it’s freezing in NJ.

dougp26364

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Ocean Pointe
Marriott Destination Club Points
Hilton Grand Vacation Club Las Vegas Blvd
Grand Colorado on Peak 8
Spinnaker French Quarter Resort Branson
Most of the time I’ve found good exchanges aren’t nearly as difficult as we assume. I was always told Vegas was overbuilt (it is) and that it doesn’t trade well (that’s wrong). Sure sometimes we don’t get what we want but I believe that happens less often than we believe and sometimes because the exchanger puts to many limitations on what they except (only one week, one resort, one specific check in day et...... )

icydog

TUG Member
Reaction score
Most of the time I’ve found good exchanges aren’t nearly as difficult as we assume. I was always told Vegas was overbuilt (it is) and that it doesn’t trade well (that’s wrong). Sure sometimes we don’t get what we want but I believe that happens less often than we believe and sometimes because the exchanger puts to many limitations on what they except (only one week, one resort, one specific check in day et...... )
Funny because that’s EXACTLY what I did. I put in one date and one Resort. And I only had the OGS on for two days. I almost fell over when I got the notice that my exchange came through. As I mentioned earlier, I had the older section reserved for those nights and and my son had already purchased airfare for his family. I’ve never had this happen before and I doubt it will happen again.