• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

[ 2012 ] Fairmont / Sunchaser / Northwynd official thread with lawsuit info!

truthr

Reaction score
For anyone who wishes to know EXACTLY what was said by everyone at the May 10th proceeding in Edmonton. I will be ordering the transcripts sometime next week and depending on how many wish to receive a copy and how much the cost is will determine how much each individual will be required to pay to order it from me. Please send me a private message through conversation here if you are interested in obtaining a copy.

By obtaining a copy of the transcript you will know first hand what you are required to do (if anything) moving forward.

teedeej

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
MG ignored all advise and kept arguing that the resort was mismanaged. It was almost as if
Sauvageau was pulling his strings. The reason for MG’s tunnel vision must have been that his head was so far up his own ass that he couldn’t see anything else. It’s amazing that someone so cocky could be so inept. I still can’t believe that bad lawyers like him can get rich on the tens of thousands of dollars that his clients have to shell out...

MG cautioned me about the SA’s disclosure clause when I mentioned that “his clients had to pay tens of thousands of dollars” in a online review about his crappy “boutique law firm”.

That isn’t even close to disclosing information from the SA.

Last edited:

aden2

Reaction score
The most money ever made at a Vacation Villa is what NM is doing. Yearly maintenance fees and 26.82% being charged when the lessee are not using the resort. Each lessee has a default clause in their contract and all of these contracts should have been cancelled in 2013, go to page 14; 4(b) of the Consumer Protection Act of Alberta. THIS IS CRIMINAL IN NATURE!

Reaction score
For anyone who wishes to know EXACTLY what was said by everyone at the May 10th proceeding in Edmonton. I will be ordering the transcripts sometime next week and depending on how many wish to receive a copy and how much the cost is will determine how much each individual will be required to pay to order it from me. Please send me a private message through conversation here if you are interested in obtaining a copy.

By obtaining a copy of the transcript you will know first hand what you are required to do (if anything) moving forward.
Count me in,let me know how much but us option 1 people who couldnt attend the hearing are we still too be included,I tried to get thru to jills office before rhe hearing but for some reason they werent available ,couldnt even leave a message.faxed something to their office but heard nothing back.

waikikibound

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairmont Hillside
Count me in,let me know how much but us option 1 people who couldnt attend the hearing are we still too be included,I tried to get thru to jills office before rhe hearing but for some reason they werent available ,couldnt even leave a message.faxed something to their office but heard nothing back.

Unfortunately no. Justice Gill made it clear that ONLY those in attendance on Thursday (May 10) can file an affidavit and be heard at the next appearance date of July 4. Those of us who were not a part of the 76 group and want to be added to the appeal had to provide our names to Jud Virtue (mostly Option 1 non-settled people). We did try and argue that many couldn’t make it to court that day but Gill repeatedly said no. It was very frustrating.

Last edited:

CleoB

Reaction score
Unfortunately no. Justice Gill made it clear that ONLY those in attendance on Thursday (May 10) can file an affidavit and be heard at the next appearance date of July 4. Those of us who were not a part of the 76 group and want to be added to the appeal had to provide our names to Jud Virtue (mostly Option 1 non-settled people). We did try and argue that many couldn’t make it to court that day but Gill repeatedly said no. It was very frustrating.
Yeah, I found that odd. It was like Justice Gill figured EVERYONE knew about this court hearing because King said he contacted everyone, yet a few people stood up and spoke that they knew of people that "weren't" contacted. Ohhhh, poor Barry was offended.

aden2

Reaction score
So the likes of KW/Northmont/ JV/ MG truly believe that they have not violated any part of the Consumer Protection Act! 1. "the supplier fails to obtain the consumer's express consent to renewals, extensions or amendments of the agreement."( changing the contract against our consent); 2."if the supplier fails to provide prominent and full disclosure of the details of the agreement." (Fairmont financial problems date back to 2005); 3. "a provision of the document is ambiguous, the provision must be interpreted against the supplier", (remedies on default the word may terminate to shall terminate);copy of Ultimation April 29, 2013 (page 15, 6(2) changing contract.
Civil claims are wrong because they are being charged maintenance and interest fees beyond the default period. The timeshare have not been used for many years ..2012.; so what was the cost to the Resort for not using it?

Spark1

Reaction score
We also had to pay the Ransom and if we did not we were not allowed to use the resort. Lease Contracts are right to use contracts and we pepaid for this right. If you paid the cancellation part of the ransom you should of been released immediately and i have heard time owners complain that they were held long enough so they also had to pay the renovation fee. This is fraud.

truthr

Reaction score
We attended court in Vancouver on Tuesday, May 15th to voice our opposition to Northmont's request to have the matter of CTL Legal (Sauvageau) vs Northmont sealed.

The judge was kind enough to allow me to speak to the matter and even requested more information from Northmont's lawyer who presented it after the lunch break.

When all was said and done the judge ruled for the matter to be sealed from May 15th forward.

It was a long shot due to the "client/attorney" privilege which although disappointing is not surprising.

Spark1

Reaction score
The court system has relied on the social media to organize everything.Let the courts send out what is required of us as will as Northmont to each individual threw registered mail. My vacation villa lease contract states any notice like bankrupcy,modification to contracts,unilateral amendments etc shall be deemed to be validly given when deposited postage prepaid in a postal box in Canada and addressed to the lessee at the address set forth in the register maintained by the Trustee as contemplated by paragraph 18 hereof,except during any interruption of postal service when notice shall be given only when delivered by hand or acknowledged as received by the addressee. Justice Young said our Contracts have not changed and she is correct. Northmont
no one changes my Contract and that includes BC corrupt Judges. It is OK for us to exchange information but let the courts contact us. We seen how Barry King and MG Run things and we do not need any more of this.

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sunchaser
Have any of the Option 1 people who have paid received anything official in the mail yet? Only received an e-mail saying we were released back in March but a recent credit bureau check still shows a "lien" by Northmont's Vacation Resort Management ???!

MarcieL

Reaction score
I have not checked my credit bureau. Damn it anyway can they not do any thing properly .the should be deleted when our releases were sent out by email. Hard copy apparently now June 1. Someone else mentioned a month or so ago that their bureau still showed a lein. They called MG. and he said he would take care of it. Perhaps he could do that for all his clients.

CleoB

Reaction score
We attended court in Vancouver on Tuesday, May 15th to voice our opposition to Northmont's request to have the matter of CTL Legal (Sauvageau) vs Northmont sealed.

The judge was kind enough to allow me to speak to the matter and even requested more information from Northmont's lawyer who presented it after the lunch break.

When all was said and done the judge ruled for the matter to be sealed from May 15th forward.

It was a long shot due to the "client/attorney" privilege which although disappointing is not surprising.
It may be sealed, but can one attend court to hear what's going on or is that a closed trial?

Spark1

Reaction score
These crooks never give up fleasing time owners. Now they are sending out letters from NW to give them 3500.00 to terminate their Legacy for Life ownership. This question can someone please explain in easy to understand terms what this means to individual owners of Hillside lease vacation owners. This is Fraud again Kirk Wankel's sales pitch to suck time owners to convert their Lease timeshares into Leg Irons for Life so they can have a contract that can nail us for Capital expenses because Lease contracts do not have this and now give them a bill for 3500.00 to get released from Legacy For Life. Kirk Wankel is still sending out threating collection letters and would like us to settle before the interest rate court case is settled. My question will the bills that time owners paid with their bill collector Michael Geldert have to be adjusted to 5% being MG knew Justice Young did not rule yet and did he know she was ruling Feb.15/2018?

GypsyOne

Reaction score
These crooks never give up fleasing time owners. Now they are sending out letters from NW to give them 3500.00 to terminate their Legacy for Life ownership. This question can someone please explain in easy to understand terms what this means to individual owners of Hillside lease vacation owners. This is Fraud again Kirk Wankel's sales pitch to suck time owners to convert their Lease timeshares into Leg Irons for Life so they can have a contract that can nail us for Capital expenses because Lease contracts do not have this and now give them a bill for 3500.00 to get released from Legacy For Life. Kirk Wankel is still sending out threating collection letters and would like us to settle before the interest rate court case is settled. My question will the bills that time owners paid with their bill collector Michael Geldert have to be adjusted to 5% being MG knew Justice Young did not rule yet and did he know she was ruling Feb.15/2018?

I have no answers, just an observation that the greed and avarice of these crooks knows no bounds in gaining complete control of a valuable real estate asset for a multi-million dollar windfall, aided by a complicit or compliant court system. But, is it possible that the time share owners with a Legacy for Life co-ownership agreement stand in their way of gaining complete equity ownership, and they will eventually have to be dealt with in order for NM to claim complete control? In their topsy turvey way of doing business, NM will try to make it another huge windfall gain, probably by making it so expensive to stay that the time share owners will have no choice but to pay the extortion. But, is it possible that if the Legacy for Life co-owners hang tough, they will eventually have to be paid to leave? Another observation is that it is just astonishing how legal lease agreements could be rendered so useless when the one party has the millions to hire the best legal counsel and influence to tilt the system their way. It is a sad commentary on our weak oversight institutions.

CleoB

Reaction score
I have no answers, just an observation that the greed and avarice of these crooks knows no bounds in gaining complete control of a valuable real estate asset for a multi-million dollar windfall, aided by a complicit or compliant court system. But, is it possible that the time share owners with a Legacy for Life co-ownership agreement stand in their way of gaining complete equity ownership, and they will eventually have to be dealt with in order for NM to claim complete control? In their topsy turvey way of doing business, NM will try to make it another huge windfall gain, probably by making it so expensive to stay that the time share owners will have no choice but to pay the extortion. But, is it possible that if the Legacy for Life co-owners hang tough, they will eventually have to be paid to leave? Another observation is that it is just astonishing how legal lease agreements could be rendered so useless when the one party has the millions to hire the best legal counsel and influence to tilt the system their way. It is a sad commentary on our weak oversight institutions.
My understanding is that they have already been sending out letters to the LFL telling them that for a small price they can turn over their timeshare lease.

GypsyOne

Reaction score
My understanding is that they have already been sending out letters to the LFL telling them that for a small price they can turn over their timeshare lease.
This would be a good time for Legacy for Life timeshare owners with a co-ownership agreement to get competent legal advice as to just what their co-ownership interest really means.

Spark1

Reaction score
This would be a good time for Legacy for Life timeshare owners with a co-ownership agreement to get competent legal advice as to just what their co-ownership interest really means.
First they had to create Leg Irons for Life inorder to have a contract that includes capital expenses so they can destroy all the Lease contracts with their illegal modification of contracts so we are now all the same as far as capital expenses go and now they want to charge time owners that got sucked into buying Legacy for Life another $3500.00 to get out of that contract. Does that mean there now will be no contracts that have capital expenses and we go back to the true meaning of our Lease Contracts?

GypsyOne

Reaction score
First they had to create Leg Irons for Life inorder to have a contract that includes capital expenses so they can destroy all the Lease contracts with their illegal modification of contracts so we are now all the same as far as capital expenses go and now they want to charge time owners that got sucked into buying Legacy for Life another $3500.00 to get out of that contract. Does that mean there now will be no contracts that have capital expenses and we go back to the true meaning of our Lease Contracts?

I'd be interested in whether the co-ownership VIAs actually give the holder an equity interest in the complex. In other words, if the Wankster succeeds in gaining control of Hillside or whatever, and increases it's value by converting to condos or hotel (with our money of course), are the holders of co-ownership agreements in partnership with Wankel? If so, I doubt he wants to share the wealth with anyone, particularly timeshare owners. That might explain his offer to the Legacy For Life holders for them to buy out of their VIAs. Of course, him offering to buy out their co-ownership interest would be antithetical to his way of doing business. Much more profitable to gouge them until they throw in the towel. Ah the joy and profitability of being completely without scruples and having a compliant legal system in tow!

truthr

Reaction score
I have finally received the transcript from the May 10th, 2018 proceeding in Edmonton.

I have emailed some who indicated they wish a copy - the cost per is $30.00

If you want a copy and have not received an email from me please private message me your email address so I can send you the email with instructions.

Spark1

Reaction score
I'd be interested in whether the co-ownership VIAs actually give the holder an equity interest in the complex. In other words, if the Wankster succeeds in gaining control of Hillside or whatever, and increases it's value by converting to condos or hotel (with our money of course), are the holders of co-ownership agreements in partnership with Wankel? If so, I doubt he wants to share the wealth with anyone, particularly timeshare owners. That might explain his offer to the Legacy For Life holders for them to buy out of their VIAs. Of course, him offering to buy out their co-ownership interest would be antithetical to his way of doing business. Much more profitable to gouge them until they throw in the towel. Ah the joy and profitability of being completely without scruples and having a compliant legal system in tow!
I feel the time owners that bought LFL at Hiilside think they are totally released when they decided to pay using Option1. Do you think they still have a interst being LFL after they paid tens of thousands already? When legacy for life is gone all there will be is Lease Contracts.

GypsyOne

Reaction score
I feel the time owners that bought LFL at Hiilside think they are totally released when they decided to pay using Option1. Do you think they still have a interst being LFL after they paid tens of thousands already? When legacy for life is gone all there will be is Lease Contracts.
If they paid the extortion they should be out free and clear and have no further interest in the resort. But I'm wondering for those that didn't pay, do they have an equity interest that increases in value as the value of the resort increases?