• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

SVV Sales Presentation Observations

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA
We spent only two nights at Vistana Villages over the weekend and opted for the sales presentation. The offer was only 6,000 SPG points but we didn't really have anything planned except lounging by the pool. We were able to get an 8:00am time slot, so we went for it.

My first observations of the sales area was that it reminded me of a sweat shop. Rows upon rows of cubicles filled with sales people and victims. Kind of what I would think a Westgate sales floor looks like. No charm, no displays of properties, just a cube with a big monitor a few books and the sales person.

We were told that our presentation was courtesy tour, the rep wasn't sure what that meant. Asked when we last toured but then realized it was because we own external resale weeks. Courtesy tour meant they could end it at any time. I was of course game for that. He explained a few things, "Marriott" was perhaps every third word out of their mouths. Even overhearing other reps when ours was off talking to his manager "or taking a break", they were all saying; Marriott, Marriott, Marriott. More so in connection with the SPG/MR side as opposed to the ILG acquisition. They didn't really talk up the acquisition, which surprised me.

Toward the end, the sale rep left, then came back to actually ask us if we would at all be interested in buying points, we said no. I guess his manager asked him if he even asked us. He left again and came back with an offer of $17,000 + closing costs to take our two mandatory resale weeks from us in return for 114,000 Flex Options and a small pot of SPG points as an incentive. We turned it down. We were somewhat interested in the Explorer package, but for only 80,000 SPG and a seven night stay in a 1BR for $2900 all in, it seemed a little steep. The 240,000 MR points that it would have netted us would have been good enough for a MR Travel Package, but the cost per point just didn't seem to be low enough.

Last edited:

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We spent only two nights at Vistana Villages over the weekend and opted for the sales presentation. The offer was only 60,000 SPG points but we didn't really have anything planned except lounging by the pool. We were able to get an 8:00am time slot, so we went for it.

Only 60,000 points? :)

vistana101

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SVV (x2)
Thanks for reporting back. We had our update there on Tuesday, and it was surprisingly high pressure, with the final sales pitch talking about you can die at any time, so you should buy more timeshares to vacation with each other :doh:.

They barely mentioned the ILG Acquisition to us either. We went for the explorer package (we modified it to 4 nights in a 2 bedroom and 80,000 points). Once they get converted into Marriott's new points system (from Aug-Dec), we'll be able to book 5 nights at the top St. Regis properties with just those explorer points, so we think we're making quite a good value. (SVV for 4 nights total in April would come to over $1,200, and the St. Regis Bal Harbour for 5 nights comes to over $5,700. :thumbup:)

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
Thanks for reporting back. We had our update there on Tuesday, and it was surprisingly high pressure,

That's always been my impression. Vistana Resort and the Villages are the only 2 resorts where I will NOT take the "Owner's Update". My theory is they are fresh recruits out of Vistana University right there in Orlando and they are especially obnoxious.

rog2867

TUG Member
Reaction score
if you are multiple week owners like 4 star elite your experience would be much different. The sales people you get only deal with people who are elite in big offices etc. Still sales tactics but your not dealing with the lower level sales guys.

Sea Six

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Regency - Marco Island
Lagunamar - Cancun
Vistana Villages Key West (2) - Orlando
if you are multiple week owners like 4 star elite your experience would be much different. The sales people you get only deal with people who are elite in big offices etc. Still sales tactics but your not dealing with the lower level sales guys.

As a multiple week / elite owner, my experience is that the sales staff at Vistana Resort and the Villages are equally obnoxious to everyone.

canesfan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKORVN x2
WSJ-BV
WLR
As a multiple week / elite owner, my experience is that the sales staff at Vistana Resort and the Villages are equally obnoxious to everyone.

Yes, I’m a multiple week/4* owner and we found the owners update at SVV the most obnoxious. WKORV isn’t bad, usually in and out quick. WLR leaves us alone when we say no to attending which is the most pleasant!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

r1lee

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV, SVV
That's always been my impression. Vistana Resort and the Villages are the only 2 resorts where I will NOT take the "Owner's Update". My theory is they are fresh recruits out of Vistana University right there in Orlando and they are especially obnoxious.

The two we recently got, one came from Marriott over and the other was from St. John’s.

dioxide45

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grande Vista
Marriott Harbour Lake
Sheraton Vistana Villages
Club Wyndham CWA

okwiater

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WKV 2B Plat+ (x2)
WSJ 3B Plat+ (VGV/BV)
WLR 2B Plat+ Oceanside
SMV 2B Plat+
Sheraton Flex (x2)
Obviously you have no idea on how to spend vacation.

We just returned from five nights at WMH where we didn’t leave the resort once except to buy groceries. It was fabulous.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
We just returned from five nights at WMH where we didn’t leave the resort once except to buy groceries. It was fabulous.

I'm mortified! But to each his own.... ;)