• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Chase bank accounts and Credit cards

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
DH and I have joint Chase bank accounts and have noticed something odd about our Chase credit cards and online transaction access. We have 2 Chase cards:
1. Sapphire Reserve - I am primary and DH is authorized user
2. Marriott Premiere Plus - DH is primary and I am authorized user

When DH logs in to his Chase online account, he sees all our joint accounts and just the
Marriott card transaction/charge history along with the points he will earn.
When I log in on my online account, I see all our joint accounts and just the Sapphire Reserve card transaction history and points.

I set up automatic payment of the Sapphire card each month from one of our joint accounts. It really irks DH that he can't see the charge history of the Sapphire Reserve card because he can't estimate what the month's upcoming total will be. On his account he can only see the total after it's been debited from the joint account. Originally I was the only person on the Reserve account, so we thought if he was authorized user he would be able to see the transaction history, but not so...

We gotta call Chase to see if there's some setting or approval they need to display the credit transactions to the other. Strange that each of us could potentially charge up on our cards, and have the bills paid out of our joint account without the other seeing the charge breakdown. Has anyone else had the same situation?
TIA

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
Absent a fix, he could log out of his account and log-in as you.
I sometimes log-in as my DW to see transactions on her Citi-MC.
I rely on Quicken+Mint update services to record transactions.

Bucky

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Oceanwatch (2)
Like Talent312, I just log out of one and back into the other. A little bit of a PIA but better than dealing with the multiple CSR’s needed to get it changed IMO.

artringwald

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
DRI: The Point at Poipu, 3 deeded weeks, 1 of which is in The Club.
I use Quicken to automatically download all the transactions from all our credit cards and bank accounts each day, so I can see at a glance any new activity.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Chase is a horrible company who does not get it. I had 12 cards with them but no longer use any of them. Very difficult company to deal with.

GetawaysRus

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Desert Springs Villas 2
Marriott Grand Chateau
I don't think there is anything unusual about how your accounts display. My wife's and my accounts look exactly like that. I only see the personal credit accounts where I am the primary cardholder using my Chase log-in, and she only sees the personal credit card accounts where she is the primary cardholder using her Chase log-in.

We also have Chase business credit cards, and these have a different log-in. So I see my business cards with my business log-in, and her business cards can be viewed using her Chase business log-in.

We typically don't charge a gigantic amount per month, so I just keep enough cash in checking to automatically pay all credit card bills. (All of our credit cards are on auto-pay. That's an enormous convenience when we travel.)

Free2Roam

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Club Wyndham, Quarter House, a handful of East Coast beach resorts
Really? I'm just curious... difficult how? I have no bank accounts with Chase, but I have a number of credit cards with them (including Amazon Prime Visa and a business card.) I can't recall any real problems. Maybe I'm just not paying attention?
Chase is a horrible company who does not get it. I had 12 cards with them but no longer use any of them. Very difficult company to deal with.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
It behaves the way it is intended to. It is true of our Chase and Amex accounts. Only the primary owner can see everything. Since I pay all the bills, I changed my husband's primary cards' email address to mine so that I get the alerts. I use his login id and pw to manage the ones where he is the primary account holder.

Last edited:

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
Absent a fix, he could log out of his account and log-in as you.
I sometimes log-in as my DW to see transactions on her Citi-MC.
I rely on Quicken+Mint update services to record transactions.

Like Talent312, I just log out of one and back into the other. A little bit of a PIA but better than dealing with the multiple CSR’s needed to get it changed IMO.
Thx ,yes DH does log into my account, but he'd rather see it all in one window & login. Even tho CC companies have good fraud algorithms, he likes to do a quick scan of the charges. I do about 95% of the CC spending, and all the travel planning, so it can vary a lot each month. DH does all the bill paying....a pretty good arrangement IMO :D:D LOL

PigsDad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Elite: SeaWorld, Surf Club, Charter Club, Valdoro
Yep, that is the way it works for our multiple Chase credit cards as well. We tried calling, but they said there was not a way to view CCs that have different primary owners under one login account.

Kurt

rickandcindy23

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge,Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau;Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms; WKORV-OF (2),Westin Desert Willow.
We didn't open a Chase checking account because I didn't want Chase to track our manufactured spend.

We did have something strange happen when opening Carlson Club credit card, which is with US Bank. Rick's stepmom added Rick to her checking account at US Bank a long time ago, and because Rick applied for and received the credit card, and now he can see her checking and savings accounts when logged into our credit card account. This might be good because she is turning 90 this month and may need someone to monitor that.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Really? I'm just curious... difficult how? I have no bank accounts with Chase, but I have a number of credit cards with them (including Amazon Prime Visa and a business card.) I can't recall any real problems. Maybe I'm just not paying attention?

With the United Club credit card the United Club card was never mailed out. Once I realized it (denied at a star alliance lounge) I called to request a new one sent out. It never came. Called again and was told that since it was so close to expiry date that they would just wait till the new one automatically gets sent out in a few weeks. It never came. At no time would Chase contact United they kept saying it was a United issue though. United would not help as they never charged for the membership it was given to me "free" from chase. No offer of a refund on the annual fee from chase as that was the main reason why I had the card. When I cancelled the card there was no delay in contacting United for them to cancel the United club card as I was denied entry a few weeks later.

Ultimate rewards can be transferred to partner airlines and hotels to the primary account holder and to people who have cards on the account. I wanted to (as I had in the past before rules were changed) transfer UR points to my wifes Mileageplus account to keep her miles from expiring. At the same time she would hit an amount of miles that we redeem for a flight and close her mileageplus account. All simple accept that the name of the credit card holder has to match the name on the mileage plus account. The mileage plus account has to match the name on the passport. Passports need to have a persons full name. Visa only allows something like 26 characters for the first middle and last names. That is too short for my wife. In the end I could not transfer miles to her account and the miles that she did have in her account (mostly from prior transfers from chase when it was not an issue). They blamed me and my wife for her having as long a name as she does. I offered viable solutions but chase did not care to listen. They suggested my wife shorten her name on her mileageplus account which also would mean shortening her name on her passport.

Talent312

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC & GTS
... I do about 95% of the CC spending... DH does all the bill paying...

I like to say: "My DW's job is to buy. Mine is to pay."
... as I sit in the husband's chair while she shops.