• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

List your GREAT Timeshare exchanges here. [2009 and forward]

chemteach

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
MROP weeks for Lake Tahoe Vacation Resorts 2 Bedroom Xmas week and 2 bedroom july HGVC Marbrisa in Carlsbad
Sheraton Broadway Plantation 1 BR last year for 1 BR Royal Islander Xmas week

Caligirlfrtx

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HICV, SHERATON BROADWAY PLANTATION, GRAND PACIFIC PALISADES, SHERATON DESERT OASIS, HYATT COCONUT PLANTATION, RIVERVIEW RESORT
We made two outstanding trades this spring

A> Traded a labor day , 1 bd at the mountainside lodge in Whistler Received second week of July in a 1 bd at the Hyatt Highlands inn in Carmel

B> Traded an October week in a 1 bd at Club Intrawest in Whistler Received second week of July in a 1 bd at the Hyatt Highlands inn in Carmel

YES we got two units at the Hyatt in Carmel for mid July!!

How does this happen? Is there a particular month that I should look for HHIC or did you just deposit and then wait for them to contact you? Does is just depend on what you are depositing? I don't know how to use II, Im a new member there. Do I have to put an ongoing search and if so, is there a cost for that and can I do that online or do i have to call?

suzannesimon

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Frenchman's Cove, Hyatt Sunset Harbor, Harborside at Atlantis, Marriott Aruba Surf Club, Marriott Grande Ocean, Westin Kierland Villas, Westin Lagunamar
How does this happen? Is there a particular month that I should look for HHIC or did you just deposit and then wait for them to contact you? Does is just depend on what you are depositing? I don't know how to use II, Im a new member there. Do I have to put an ongoing search and if so, is there a cost for that and can I do that online or do i have to call?

You really need to do an ongoing search online. You pay when you submit the search but they reimburse you if it doesn't come through. The more resorts and weeks you enter as acceptable, the more likely you will have success.

taterhed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin WKORV OFD
Marriott's Grande Vista
Worldmark x2
SVV Bella 81k

hurnik

TUG Member
Reaction score
Exchanged a 1 BR 2400 point Las Vegas Flamingo HGVC with SFX for a 3 BR Hacienda del Mar in Cabo.
Since I'm diamond SFX, it was $149 for the exchange fee and $199 for the upgrade from 1 to 3 BR (if it had been a 2 BR unit, I would've gotten a free upgrade).
Approx "cost" with Hilton MF and stuff brings it to about $900.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
How in the world did you manage that?

I also keep getting match to a 3 bedroom at lagoon tower 6/27 using wyndham portal needing 300,000 Wyndham points. I keep releasing and keep getting match. If interested, can start an ongoing search

JudyH

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am at the Valdoro Mountain Lodge in Breckenridge, Colorado. This is a HGVC resort exchange thru RCI. I forget how many TPUs. Maybe 25 per week. I have two consecutive weeks here. It is a 1 in 4 year exchange. I booked about 18 months ago for a two bedroom unit.

This is the best place I have ever exchanged to. The unit is beautiful. The service is great. The staff is so friendly. There is a free shuttle to take you anywhere in town. Parking here is free. There is no daily surcharge.

I will post a review when I return.

lily28

TUG Member
Reaction score
I use Sheraton desert oasis and get match to a 2 bedroom Westin nanea for 8/2-8/9/19. Would have prefer a sat checkin in 8/3 since we still be at Hilton Hawaii village till 8/3 but no other checkin dates available

WyldSmurf

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Legends Edge
Marriott Aruba Surf Club
Marriott Destination Points
I was able to get back to back weeks in Hawaii for 2019 with two Florida Panhandle weeks to celebrate my 10 year wedding Anniversary and Fourth of July
Marriott Legends Edge (Platinum 2BR non lock off) week 24 for Marriott Ko Olina week 26 Friday check in
Marriott Legends Edge (Gold 2BR non lock off) week 7 for Marriott Kauai Beach Club week 27 Friday check in

The first week is not really that impressive but later getting second week with the lower value week made me very happy and not having overlap or gaps WOOT!

lifesabeach101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
River Point, Napa, CA 2 bedroom.

Ocean Landings sleep 2 (2 weeks).
Wow this thread is old but I thought I would contribute anyway.

I initally joined TUG in 1996 when we went Maui and purchased a 2 bedroom Sands of Kanaha EOY for $10,000.

Got buyers remorce and recinded thanks to TUG and all the helpful advice.

Anywho, I learned so much and have owned and sold many resales along the way.

I love my little portfolio now.

Some of my best trades have been using my little points studios Napa Riverpoint and my little Ocean Landings Hotel units. Amazing traders and the Ocean Landings is only $217.

Back when II was letting us trade studios for 2 to 4 bedrooms I was getting 2 bedroom Oahu Marriott on a regular basis. As well as Manhattan Club, using my South Africa timeshares, Mt Amanzi and Dickolo.
4 bedroom units (twice) at the Cliffs club in Princeville.
3 bedroom and the Sands of Kanaha.

Lots of sightings too, amazing stuff.

We use these exchanges for our employees, family and friends and us when we have the time.

BTW, I got 3 timeshares from the bargain basement for free; Our Paniolo Greens, Kahana Village and my favorite, Napa Riverpoint.

Thanks Tuggers fpr all the great years lf timeshare memories.

Love ypu guy's.

lifesabeach101

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
River Point, Napa, CA 2 bedroom.

Ocean Landings sleep 2 (2 weeks).
Exchanged a 1 BR 2400 point Las Vegas Flamingo HGVC with SFX for a 3 BR Hacienda del Mar in Cabo.
Since I'm diamond SFX, it was $149 for the exchange fee and $199 for the upgrade from 1 to 3 BR (if it had been a 2 BR unit, I would've gotten a free upgrade).
Approx "cost" with Hilton MF and stuff brings it to about $900.
The 3 bedropm, penthouse, at the Hacienda is AMAZING!!

klpca

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
SDO, Quarter House, Seapointe, Coronado Beach, Carlsbad Inn, Worldmark
Used my last one bedroom Marriott DSV2 (now sold) for an exchange at Marriott Frenchman's Cove in May. Even better that it lines up with our Tradewinds week almost perfectly, so we're spending two weeks in the USVI/BVI's. Only through the magic of timeshares!

Grammarhero

Official TUGBBS Rescission Master
TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Grand Desert 77k, VV Williamsburg 4L/4 & 2/2
Former: Wyndham 276k, HGVC South Bend 1/1
Used a 2BR Summer Williamsburg Plantation ($437 MF) to trade for a HGVC 2BR Summer SeaWorld Orlando ($1100 MF). After $175 resort fee and $200 exchange fee, I'm still ahead $288. Thanks TUG and Distressed Sightings!

Last edited:

bizaro86

TUG Member
Reaction score
Used a 2BR Summer Williamsburg Plantation ($437 MF) to trade for a HGVC 2BR Summer SeaWorld Orlando ($1100 MF). After $175 resort fee and $200 exchange fee, I'm still ahead $288. Thanks TUG and Distressed Sightings!
Even better than that - your trader unit probably cost less upfront than a 7000 point HGVC week.

twise625

TUG Member
Reaction score
Hats off to those who recommended the summer 4 bed units at the Williamsburg Plantation (now Vacation Village at Williamsburg) as II traders! I got one on ebay last spring for under $300 all in with free 2020 usage - I pre-payed the 2021 maintenance fees and so far have gotten 2 Hawaii weeks next spring Kona Coast 1 bed, 2 bath on the big island, and The Cliffs Club 2/2 on Kauai (our exchange locations are being driven by proximity to good surfing spots for my husband). Last night I matched on an OGS to a 2/2 Marriott Mountainside, Park City, Utah for Dec 13-20 for early season skiing.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Hats off to those who recommended the summer 4 bed units at the Williamsburg Plantation (now Vacation Village at Williamsburg) as II traders! I got one on ebay last spring for under $300 all in with free 2020 usage - I pre-payed the 2021 maintenance fees and so far have gotten 2 Hawaii weeks next spring Kona Coast 1 bed, 2 bath on the big island, and The Cliffs Club 2/2 on Kauai (our exchange locations are being driven by proximity to good surfing spots for my husband). Last night I matched on an OGS to a 2/2 Marriott Mountainside, Park City, Utah for Dec 13-20 for early season skiing.

What week is it? I just picked up an EOYE there week 24, but haven't exchanged with it yet.

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Congrats. I got one for $360. Great traders. I regularly see $1100 2BR MVC units exchanged for the $437 2BR VV week 33 Williamsburg units. I have week 33 and week 15, though the latter aren't as good traders.

for week 15, I was paid $250 to take over. Although the week 33 costs me $610 more, I’m happy with the exchanges. I don’t see the $1100 2BR MVC units for the VV Williamsburg week 15 that I do for week 33.

Last edited:

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Vacation Village, Wyndham, WorldMark, Vistana, Vidanta, Flora Farms, HGVC Max, and some independents
Congrats. I got one for $360. Great traders. I regularly see $1100 2BR MVC units exchanged for the $437 2BR VV Williamsburg units. I have week 33 and week 15, though the latter aren't as good traders.

That makes sense. TDI for weeks 23-34 is regularly 150, while week 15 only does well when Easter falls there - decent this year, but ~100 when it doesn't. I also have a week 31 annual at The Colonies at Williamsburg and have done very well with it trading in II.

1598197552348.png

Grammarhero

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
That makes sense. TDI for weeks 23-34 is regularly 150, while week 15 only does well when Easter falls there - decent this year, but ~100 when it doesn't. I also have a week 31 annual at The Colonies at Williamsburg and have done very well with it trading in II.

View attachment 25268
I checked my paperwork. Although I actually paid $460 for week 33, I got free 2BR usage. As such, I pretty much got week 33 for free. Week 33 gets me 102k II pts each 2BR.

For week 15, which I was paid $250 to accept, I get 92k II pts this year, but 68k II pts next year. Ugh.

Eric B

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I checked my paperwork. Although I actually paid $460 for week 33, I got free 2BR usage. As such, I pretty much got week 33 for free. Week 33 gets me 102k II pts each 2BR.

For week 15, which I was paid $250 to accept, I get 92k II pts this year, but 68k II pts next year. Ugh.

My VV Williamsburg isn’t in points, but trades as week deposits. Not sure how much different the trading power is.