• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Horizons a Holiday Inn Club Vacations Deedback information - give your HICV timeshare back

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
  • Oct 2023 edit: Users have been reporting that HICV is now assessing a $1200 fee per ownership to surrender back starting in late 2023.
  • Jan 2022 edit: Users have been reporting that HICV is now assessing a $500 fee per ownership to surrender back starting in late 2022.
  • This program was completely free of charge prior to 2022

Admin Edit: The reported 800 number to the HIVC deedback department is: 800.298.3706

updated 2024 to include direct number: 407-477-7058

the official website for this program is here: https://orangelake.com/horizons

TUG advice article: https://tug2.net/timeshare_advice/get-out-of-holiday-inn-club-vacations-timeshare-HICV.html

Does anybody have the email address and details for requesting HICV to take back a unit?

-Scott
Owner, HICV Google+ Group

Last edited by a moderator:

alexanderwang

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
They will take back your unit if your mortgage is paid in full. this is something you cannot email them about, you must call in for this request. when you get an agent just make them aware you need resale information.

scott vincent

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
They will take back your unit if your mortgage is paid in full. this is something you cannot email them about, you must call in for this request. when you get an agent just make them aware you need resale information.
So let me get this straight, my PAID OFF Timeshare at Orange Lake, can cease to be an annual financial drain on me, not be a perpetual financial drain on my kids, not be a financial nightmare to even try to estimate the worthlessness of my stupidity for "buying" it, by simply making a phone call to Orange Lake and telling them that I want to offer it to them for resale so they can give it to someone else and i am free??????

jackio

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
Do they take deed backs for Las Vegas?

scott vincent

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
calling them now, thanks, and YES, i am sure it will be another sucker sold to get the deed.
After 2 hours on the phone, 6 transfers and discussions with many people, I spoke to the 'Deeding Department', or so they say, direct number is: 800.298.3706, per several people i spoke with.

Final conversation was with 'Patricia', who took about 2 minutes to process a 'warranty deed return request' that will take '7-10 business days' before the paperwork will be received by us. "Simply follow the directions and get the proper forms notarized and it will be returned".

Now, what are my expectations Orange Lake will follow through with this so easily? I am skeptical, should i be?

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
Some of the locations, especially the big points clubs, will take your points back for free. Why? It is cheaper to resale a takeback deed then to build new inventory. So as long as sales remaining, taking back some deeds is likely in their interest. It usually will be higher points/higher season units they want back if the company uses underlying weeks and not pure points. If they are a pure points play, then they are not as picky about what they take back, provided they do not have too much inventory they are holding themselves.

scott vincent

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
Some of the locations, especially the big points clubs, will take your points back for free. Why? It is cheaper to resale a takeback deed then to build new inventory. So as long as sales remaining, taking back some deeds is likely in their interest. It usually will be higher points/higher season units they want back if the company uses underlying weeks and not pure points. If they are a pure points play, then they are not as picky about what they take back, provided they do not have too much inventory they are holding themselves.
We have week 37, Even years only, and have 100k points presently. Not sure where this fits into the mix.

I am wondering if the points on account, meaning unused points, makes a difference for their decision to take the deed back or not. Do you know? If not, i want to transfer them into my IHG account, since we already paid our maintenance fees for this year, i feel we own them up to this point, but please correct me if i am wrong.

Thanks for your replies and guidance.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +
I would use or move to IHG as soon as possible, because as soon as they take your week back you will lose those points.

scott vincent

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake
I would use or move to IHG as soon as possible, because as soon as they take your week back you will lose those points.
Transferred to IHG after reviewing the cost benefit of doing so, which was worth the $69 transfer fee. Done.

Thanks.

skotrla

TUG Member
Reaction score
After 2 hours on the phone, 6 transfers and discussions with many people, I spoke to the 'Deeding Department', or so they say, direct number is: 800.298.3706, per several people i spoke with.

Final conversation was with 'Patricia', who took about 2 minutes to process a 'warranty deed return request' that will take '7-10 business days' before the paperwork will be received by us. "Simply follow the directions and get the proper forms notarized and it will be returned".

Now, what are my expectations Orange Lake will follow through with this so easily? I am skeptical, should i be?

Thanks for the update and let us know how it goes. You paid maintenance for current year points, so you have every right to transfer to ihg - I don't think this has any impact on their decision to take back.

- Scott

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Let me know how this goes...maybe doing this too. Next year.

I'll allow it

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
landings at seven coves
So let me get this straight, my PAID OFF Timeshare at Orange Lake, can cease to be an annual financial drain on me, not be a perpetual financial drain on my kids, not be a financial nightmare to even try to estimate the worthlessness of my stupidity for "buying" it, by simply making a phone call to Orange Lake and telling them that I want to offer it to them for resale so they can give it to someone else and i am free??????

FYI timeshares never have to be a perpetual financial drain on your kids. That is a lie and scare tactic that they use on people. You cannot indenture your children for a purchase you made. The timeshare can only come after the current amount due at the time of death and the property if there is a lien on it. Your children have a right (in perpetuity) to accept it and continue to own it and use it or they can refuse to inherit it and it will be turned back to the timeshare or lien holder.

Sherry78

Reaction score
So I emailed (memberservices@orangelake.com) and requested a warranty deed from Orange Lake Resort and received it in the mail within two weeks. I just called them to make sure there were no other hidden fees. She stated "that the paper would state how much we would be required to pay". So according to the deed, they only want $10. This legal terminology is so confusing. "Grantor, for and in consideration of Ten Dollars ($10) and other good and valuable consideration, receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, hereby grants, bargains, sells, aliens, remises, releases, conveys and confirms unto Grantee, all that certain land situate in Orange County, Florida and described as follows:" Am I reading it correctly?

silentg

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fitzpatrick's Castle Holiday Homes,
Enchanted Isle.
Reaction score
That is what they're saying. They want $10 to transfer the title back to the resort, which they will then put into their "Trust" program and resell for SIGNIFICANT profit.

TS

bogey21

TUG Member
Reaction score
When I was (for age and health reasons) divesting my TS Portfolio I was able to Deed Back three of them. None were easy to accomplish and all took time, patience and persistence. My advice for those of you interested in Deeding Back your HIVC Weeks, Points or whatever is plod along and stick with it...

George

jackio

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sand Pebbles, Sheraton Broadway Plantation, Hawaiian Sun Holidays
I just gave away my Las Vegas Desert Club Unit on the HICV Facebook page. Buyer paid closing and transfer, and it was no work at all.

JustAddVodka

TUG Member
Reaction score
Wondering if anyone with multiple HICV contracts, some purchased resale has tried to deed back any of the ones with higher fees and keep the ones they still want and remain in the club.

eschjw

TUG Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Oakmont
So I emailed (memberservices@orangelake.com) and requested a warranty deed from Orange Lake Resort and received it in the mail within two weeks. I just called them to make sure there were no other hidden fees. She stated "that the paper would state how much we would be required to pay". So according to the deed, they only want $10. This legal terminology is so confusing. "Grantor, for and in consideration of Ten Dollars ($10) and other good and valuable consideration, receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, hereby grants, bargains, sells, aliens, remises, releases, conveys and confirms unto Grantee, all that certain land situate in Orange County, Florida and described as follows:" Am I reading it correctly?

I received my requested my deed back packet for HICV Las Vegas Desert club this weekend. I requested it by phone on July 30th. I own a non converted one bedroom deluxe season four(Nov, Dec, Jan) week. My packet documents must be signed before a Notary Public, notarized and returned within 5 business days of receipt. Quoting some of the other instructions from the cover letter:

"Enclosed you will find the OLCC Nevada, LLC Grant, Bargain and Sale Deed that requires your signature(s) in order to release you from your Timeshare Week and Unit located at our Las Vegas Property Site. This Document will transfer title of the property back to OLCC Nevada, LLC. Acceptance of the Deed is at the sole and absolute discretion of OLCC Nevada, LLC and is based on the outcome of a title search on your property." It also states that there can not be an open/existing mortgage.

What might be confusing is the language of the deed itself. The way I read it is that OLCC Nevada, LLC will pay me $10. I am the owner "Grantor" and OLCC Nevada, LLC is the "Grantee". Here is the specific language in the Deed.

"GRANTOR, for and in consideration of Ten Dollars and other good and valuable consideration to it paid by Grantee, the receipt and sufficiency of which is hereby acknowledged, by these presents does hereby grant, bargain, sell and convey unto Grantee, its successors and assigns, the following described real property". What then follows is a legal description of my week and the usual other legal stuff found in a sale of property. They even enclose a no postage required return envelope.

This week was purchased 15 years ago on ebay and my only additional cost was the $89 special assessment for the HOA legal fees resulting from the Leisure Resort bankruptcy. Summer Bay took over management, Harrah's purchased the property and we moved into much nicer digs across the street. HICV then purchased the management and development rights and they have continued to make substantial improvements to the new property.

Mailing tomorrow and I will post updates. Joe

PS: the direct phone numbers to the Recovery Team/Deeding at Capital Management, OLCC Resorts are 1-866-714-8679 and 1-404-477-7101.

Garcia7

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Holiday Inn Club Vacations Fox River Resort

Would they only take back paid in full mortgages?

scott vincent

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Orange Lake

11Sep18 UPDATE: It has been quite a while, >30 days, since i FedEx'd my paperwork back to HICV Orange Lake and i have heard nothing. I called them today and spent more than 45 minutes on hold waiting for them to pickup my call. Once Jessica picked up the phone, she was polite and advised that my package was transferred to the Title Dept of Florida (right) on 10Aug18 and should take 4-6 weeks before i received my release paperwork back. Jessica advised me to call back the first week of October for a status update if not yet received. All i see is another push to get more maintenance money out of us by them playing delaying actions, but hopefully this will be our last year of any fees paid for something we should never have done to begin with.

I will add an update when more is info is available.

Regards.