• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Has anyone transferred Marriott Points lately?

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
I called tonight to transfer points to my husband's account and the lady I spoke to found the point transfer system down. She said to try back tomorrow. I am getting nervous about it. Should I just buy the vacation package from my account instead?

Thanks,

Jane

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Well I hope they get it fixed because I need to transfer points tomorrow. I got an email today from Marriott telling members to basically do all their business before the 15th because the systems would be down intermittently the 15th through the 18th while they do the big switch.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
I am going to try again tomorrow. She said the system should be up by tomorrow. But she also said it has not been working lately. Fingers crossed.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jane,

Did you have any luck transferring your points today? I literally spent 3 hours on the phone trying to get points moved from my mom's account to mine. It was like a 3-ring circus! I, too, was told that the part of the system that allows transfers of large amounts of points was down. The first guy told me to call back at the end of August to make the transfer!! I asked to speak to a supervisor and he said he was one and I told him to give me a supervisor above him. He said he would try to find one to talk to me. This was after 1hr 30mins of working with him, listening to him say he was going to go back to the Platinum Elite line because there was just too much work and too much to learn on the regular side, etc. He then proceeded to put me on hold and I'm pretty sure he was hoping I would go away. I wouldn't. He finally left me on hold for so long that I looped back into the original system to wait. Finally someone answered, I explained what I wanted to do again, and got the same answer (that part of the system was down), but that they had transferred 50K points over from her account to mine. This took another hour. I asked her why they just wouldn't transfer the points over in 50K increments to accomplish the complete transfer. She said they couldn't. Oh Hell, I know better than that!! But, I didn't want to give her a bad time because she was really nice and I know she tried. So, I'll call back in a little while hoping for better results.

I am going to try again tomorrow. She said the system should be up by tomorrow. But she also said it has not been working lately. Fingers crossed.

frank808

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Disney Vacation Club (Aulani,SSR,VGC,VGF) Hilton Grand Vacation Club(Bay Club, Kohala Suites, The District) Marriott Vacation Club (Aruba Surf Club, Grand Residence, Grand Chateau, Grand Vista,Harbour Lake, KoOlina,Willow Ridge & DC points)
Wow makes me glad I did this a couple weeks ago. Did have to call and change certificates from car 1-5 to cat 7 and that took all of 5 minutes. Didn't even wait more than 1 minute before someone answered. I was more than pleasantly surprised.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
I have been having trouble even getting through to Marriott Rewards and then being able to get someone who can actually do what I need done. I was given the suggestion from MVC advisor to call in the am and have found to have had better success then. Still sit on hold for a while. I wanted to get one of the five night packages and was able to do that this morning although the associate had to put it through a second time because the first time her computer got stuck on "processing" which it never did. She closed out of that and tried again and it went right through. She was pleasant, helpful and appreciative of my patience-I imagine their job is not easy these days.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
No, I spent over 30 minutes on the phone and was told that it could not be done now. The lady I spoke to was very nice and patient. I asked her to first check if the system was down also. She never said it was not possible until the very last second. I am about to give up on this and just buy from my own account now.

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
I'm sorry you aren't having any luck either. This is ridiculous. I'm trying one last time this morning (I am currently on hold). If I don't get them in until next week or whatever, it's not a huge deal although it would have pushed me to LT Gold before the 18th which would have made me LTP after the merge. I'll simply have to get them in my account before the end of the year so I can get LTPP the harder way. Still, just really frustrating!!!

No, I spent over 30 minutes on the phone and was told that it could not be done now. The lady I spoke to was very nice and patient. I asked her to first check if the system was down also. She never said it was not possible until the very last second. I am about to give up on this and just buy from my own account now.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jan,

Did it work for you? I have one last TP to order.

Thanks,

Jane

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Jane, sort of - LoL

They did tell me that the system to transfer large amounts of points was up and down. She said she would give it a try but the system was down. So, she said I would be ok because my reservation that needed the points wasn't until next month. By then the system would be up and running and I could move them over. I told her that was a problem because the category was going to change which meant I would need even more points. So, she put me on hold to ask a supervisor if the needed points would stand since the reservation was on hold. She came back and said, "I'm going to try to trick my computer to see if I can move the points over." As we chatted back and forth, she was working magic on her computer and I have no idea what she did but she managed to move over 185,000 points. I wanted her to move all 220,000 but she couldn't because the points I had purchased had posted to my account and she could only move over the amount needed to secure the reservation. God bless her, she was wonderful - was even laughing and joking about all the changes. So, I still have 35,000 I need to move over which is tomorrow morning's project - I made a 35,000 point reservation after I got off the phone and just didn't have time to call back. So, don't give up. I tried to get a direct phone # back to her but she said she didn't have one. Dang it!!

Jan,

Did it work for you? I have one last TP to order.

Thanks,

Jane

Last edited: