• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

New Marriott Rewards Property Categories and Travel Package Requirements effective Aug '18

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott's Grande Ocean (Enrolled)
MVC Trust Points
One interesting thing when they reissued the certificates is that they show Points associates to it. It’s concerning but it may not matter.
Yeah, that always happens whenever you extend, upgrade or downgrade one. I believe that is the points they would give you back if you just all out cancelled it. Won't matter if you actually end up using it for a stay.

deniseh

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Grand Chateau, Marriott Grande Vista, Marriott Destination Points
I just purchased a 5 night TP with miles for American Airlines. How long does it usually take to see the miles be put in my AA account?

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points
I just purchased a 5 night TP with miles for American Airlines. How long does it usually take to see the miles be put in my AA account?
I did one to AA a couple weeks ago. Called MR to get the TP on a Saturday, points booked the next Tuesday....so only a few days.

janej

Tug Review Crew: Rookie
TUG Member
Reaction score
How long does it take for the TP and miles to show up in your accounts?

I just ordered through MVC. The lady I spoke to said it went through and should show in my account immediately. I don't see it. My points are still in my account. The problem is that she used my husband's United account and my Marriott account. She made a note of the potential issue but could not do anything with it now.:(

Fasttr

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
MVC Trust Points

I just ordered through MVC. The lady I spoke to said it went through and should show in my account immediately. I don't see it. My points are still in my account. The problem is that she used my husband's United account and my Marriott account. She made a note of the potential issue but could not do anything with it now.:(
TP should be instantly in your account, but I have noticed it may not show up when signing on via a computer until the following day. In those cases however, it did seem to show up correctly when I signed on via my phone app.

ljmiii

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
TP should be instantly in your account, but I have noticed it may not show up when signing on via a computer until the following day. In those cases however, it did seem to show up correctly when I signed on via my phone app.
Interesting. I've never used the app for anything but same day travel information so my (desktop) experience is that United miles 'show up' overnight.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

Won't this transfer for the airline miles just hang in limbo? Doesn't the names on the United account and Marriott accounts need to match?

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Won't this transfer for the airline miles just hang in limbo? Doesn't the names on the United account and Marriott accounts need to match?
That is my understanding too. However, she did not pay attention when I told her I want to buy TP using my husband's account. She used my Marriott Points account and asked me for the United account number. My United account number is actually linked to my Marriott account too.

VacationForever

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
That is my understanding too. However, she did not pay attention when I told her I want to buy TP using my husband's account. She used my Marriott Points account and asked me for the United account number. My United account number is actually linked to my Marriott account too.
To my understanding, if you wanted to use your husband's account, he had to be the one to make the call. I can see why the agent got confused.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
She did not mention that though. We are on the same MVC account. I was going to purchase 2 TP using his account. She did the first one from mine and 2nd from his account. So far, nothing showed up. Either account got points deducted. Hope I will see some updates tomorrow. If anyone is still waiting to buy TP, do it now so that you will see it before the system goes down.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX

Interesting that the agent asked you for the United account number. On the SPG side, if we should call and transfer Starpoints to airline miles or purchase a Flights & Nights package, we are only able to transfer to airline frequent flyer numbers that are listed in our online profile. I guess that is a safety measure to prevent sending points to an airline frequent flyer account that is not associated with the hotel loyalty account.

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought Marriott used to work the same way too. So I did not have the United account numbers with me when I called. I had to locate number while she waited.

Now the points are deducted and TP showed up online. But no miles yet. How long does it take to post the miles?

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
I thought Marriott used to work the same way too. So I did not have the United account numbers with me when I called. I had to locate number while she waited.

Now the points are deducted and TP showed up online. But no miles yet. How long does it take to post the miles?

My United miles showed up the next day on united.com

janej

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve,

Do you remember it is first thing in the morning or 24 hours? Mine has not shown up yet.

Thanks,

Jane

bazzap

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
My United and BA Miles have always shown up when I check first thing in the morning, whatever time i ordered them the previous day.

Steve Fatula

TUG Member
Reaction score
Steve,

Do you remember it is first thing in the morning or 24 hours? Mine has not shown up yet.

Thanks,

Jane

I do not, but I almost certainly did not check first thing in the morning.

SMB1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Grande Vista, Lakeshore Reserve, OceanWatch(2), Marriott Destination Points, Club Wyndham Points (Ocean Boulevard)
My United mile didn't show up for several days. When I called the rep put in a work order something to track them down. They were in the account the next day.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Southwest is not luxury but it has its economic pluses like no baggage fees and no lost money when you cancel or change a reservation. ...

George
We totally got on board with SWA about three years ago because of their no baggage fees and VERY CUSTOMER FRIENDLY no change/cancellation fees. AND, for icing on the cake, if fares ever drop before your flight, you can get a refund of the difference (by calling or cancel/rebook online yourself). I found their crew is generally very upbeat, flights have always on time for us, and their economy seems to have a decent amount of legroom.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
If they map by point value, the old 5 will be the new 4.
This is somewhat related, but I just got off the phone with a Loyalty Care (former Platinum) rep. He mentioned IF I cancelled my category 8 certificate stay after Aug 18th, 2018, I can use that certificate at any category 8 hotel in the new, updated system. If what he is saying were true, this is a huge upgrade ! He basically said Marriott decided to take the worth as viewed from # of points perspective and just keep it simple and value existing travel package certificates from a category perspective (meaning no mapping using before-change to after-change chart).

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
Does that mean we have to attach the certificates to a reservation?
No, but since no information has been released, it is anyone's guess what happens to un-attached hotel stay (accommodation) certificates after Aug 18, 2018.

winger

TUG Member
Reaction score
I find it interesting that the new 5 night package details have not been released yet. Don't know what to make of it...
Is Marriott purposely hiding something OR they missed this ?

NJDave

TUG Member
Reaction score
NJDave,

Did your wife have to make the call to Marriott to transfer the points from her account to yours or were you able to do it? I need to transfer points from my mom's account to mine and she isn't really up to waiting on the phone for an hour or more to make the transfer. I'm hoping I can call and have them transferred myself.

I'm sorry, I didn't see your post. I tried calling several times when she was around but the Marriott system was down each time I called. After getting nowhere, I finally transferred the points from her Marriott account to her Starwood account and then to my Starwood account and finally to my Marriott account. Since it took a few days for the transfer between our Starwood accounts, it is too late to do now. I was able to do it online (with her permission of course).

Status
Not open for further replies.