• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Ocean Tower inventory is loaded for 2019 reservations

linsj

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
Do the studios have a kitchen sink like HHV Lagoon Tower or not?

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
I think they did but don’t precisely remember. (I think I would recall if they didn’t have a sink).

The Studios are what stuck with me as the best units. There are some points deals and the units were a good size.

Best,

Greg

GregT

TUG Member
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott: Maui Ocean Club Lahaina Villas (3BRx5), Ko Olina, Shadow Ridge II, Willow Ridge, Aruba Ocean Club, DC Points HGVC: Flamingo, Sea World, I-Drive, Starwood Bella (x4), SDO, TradeWinds, Worldmark
(Duplicate)

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC - Vegas Blvd, Craigendarroch lodges x 2
Nice. I thought you got a single unit.

You can get a single week with that point value. It’s a 1 BR premiere luxury at GW or GI. Probably also the new tower as well but not sure.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Was at HWV today. I was offered a presentation of the Ocean tower and I told him I was already a "resale" owner. I told the sales rep, "you guys don't like me". He laughed and still said he would give me 50k honor points and two free luau tickets for a tour. I turned him down.

LOL! I couldn’t buy a tour while we were there! Because our recent purchase had been within the last 3 or 6 months they wouldn’t even let me book an owners update. Even though our purchase had been long distance and we never actually got an update.

Too bad. I wanted to tour the new property.

Mosescan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
JMHO... It really depends on what type of experience you’re looking for.

If you’re planning to spend a lot of time at the Hilton Waikoloa resort and would like to stay at an oceanfront property then Ocean Tower will fit the bill.

However if you’re basically using the accommodations as a base and planning to go off site most days then you’ll have easier access to your car from Kings Land. And you can use the free internal shuttle whenever you want to visit the Hilton Waikoloa resort.

The Ocean tower is part of Hilton’s mega destination resort on 62 acres. Kings Land is more like an apartment complex. It’s a more relaxed quieter location compared to the Hilton hotel resort complex.
Note: There’s also a daily parking fee at the Hilton Waikoloa resort (currently $26 per day) vs free & convenient outside your door parking at Kings Land.

Pictures

Not only do you get free parking at Kingsland, if you’re staying at Kingsland you also get free parking at Waikaloa village and free use of their pool.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
I think they did but don’t precisely remember. (I think I would recall if they didn’t have a sink).

The Studios are what stuck with me as the best units. There are some points deals and the units were a good size.

Best,

Greg

Thanks, Greg. It's good to have studio options in Waikoloa. Most of the time I don't need a one-bedroom.

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ocean tower status on 7/20.
89D33365-56E3-4237-97C8-2513AEF75D68.jpeg
7122B302-D2FF-4571-A809-18C8D28F8BAE.jpeg

Helios

TUG Member
Reaction score
We skipped Kings Land this year and stayed at the Lagoon Tower Makai-Ocean Side. I wish they were converting the Lagoon tower instead, way better location IMO.

Sandy VDH

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wynd VIP Plat GF, HGVC Elite, WM, HICV, +

I was just visiting KL and went by the Ocean Towers building to just take a peek.

They will be working on this in 3 phases. Phase 1 which is the area NOT in green in the photo attached by Helios. That section will house the new OT front desk check in area. There is a new entrance planned, allowing you to drive up and drop your luggage off, but I am not sure what parking will be available here. None of these are considered views and this first phase will only be standard units.

There will be 2 additional phases which will be splitting the remaining of the conversion with the bulk of the Oceanfront and Oceanview units being converted during the last phase.

bobbi_1217

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Land, Hokulani
I'm a bit confused by your comment that "None of these are considered views...". We picked up a brochure of the Ocean Tower last January. According to the brochure, the first phase does have Resort, Partial Ocean and Ocean views. The ocean views are closest to the middle ring on the Maui side overlooking the golf course. Phase one has the usual accommodation types - regular, plus and premier. During an owner update in June, we were told that once phase one is complete (the not green in the photo) that construction on the rest of the rings will cease for some period of time (implied several years). Who knows for sure. We're back on the Big Island in January and will check out the progress, if any, on the rest of the rings.

JIMinNC

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Marvin, NC (Charlotte) & Hilton Head Island, SC
Resorts Owned
Marriott:
Maui Ocean Club
Waiohai Beach Club
Barony Beach Club
Abound ClubPoints
HGVC:
HGVC at Sea World
During an owner update in June, we were told that once phase one is complete (the not green in the photo) that construction on the rest of the rings will cease for some period of time (implied several years). Who knows for sure. We're back on the Big Island in January and will check out the progress, if any, on the rest of the rings.

I'm reasonably sure a multi-year gap between phases will prove accurate. From the photo, it looks like maybe 12 or 13 units in this first phase, and with six floors, that's 70-80 units. With 52 weeks/year, that's 3,600 to 4,000 intervals to sell. Given HGV's capital light development model, they will not want to expend capital to build out the subsequent phases until they need the inventory to sell. It could be a year - and probably more - between phases unless initial sales are through the roof.

We'll be at Ocean Tower for a one-night add-on to our Kohala Suites stay next March. We used my free weekend night from my Hilton Honors Amex to book a Saturday night hotel room to sync up with a better return airfare on Sunday, March 17.

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well given that the NON green area is currently NOT showing the Middle ring on the Maui side, I will stand by my statement that the current construction effort does not have any ocean view or ocean front units. I was there in Aug, perhaps they revised their plans, as the phase 1 I was shown was only a partial of the ring farthest from the ocean and mostly on the maui side, none facing the lagoon side. Phase 2 was to include the middle ring and a small portion of the ring closest to the ocean.

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
The gap in the first two phases was posted in the other thread (see info below)

From Parks and Hotels presentation at the 2017 Citi Global Property CEO Conference in March (see slides 30 to 33) - http://www.pkhotelsandresorts.com/~...esentations/pk-citi-conference-2017-final.pdf

Impact of Schedule of Room Transfer to Hilton Grand Vacation
  • Hilton Waikoloa Village is a 1,243 room resort hotel located in Waikoloa, HI (Big Island)
  • As previously disclosed, Park has an agreement with Hilton Grand Vacations (NYSE: HGV) whereby Park has transferred 600 rooms to HGV to be used as future time-share inventory
  • Park has leased back all 600 rooms for an amount that covers the cost of HGV’s taxes, insurance and overhead, and will continue to generate room revenue until HGV starts the actual construction on the rooms
  • The physical release of rooms will occur in increments over the next four years, with approximately 20% of the inventory transferred in ’17 and the balance of the rooms (~460) will be released by end of 2019.
  • The EBITDA impact is as follows:
    • Hilton Waikoloa generated $40mn of EBITDA in 2016 across 1,243 rooms
    • With the first transfer of rooms in mid-2017, we estimate this impact in 2017 will be ~($7.5mn)
    • Once the 140 keys are renovated, and guests begin occupying those rooms, the benefit to Park is as follows: 1) Park will recognize resort fees, F&B income and ancillary revenues from those rooms; 2) no additional renovation disruption; and 3) HGV will compensate Park for its pro-rata share of operating expenses (2018-2019).
    • The next major room transfer will be in ‘19 when HGV takes the remaining ~460 rooms to begin renovation. The impact to Park’s EBITDA will be approximately $15mn in 2020.

Overall Hawaii Travel Statistics

• 8.9mn inbound travelers to Hawaii in 2016, 3% Y/Y growth, and 1.3mn more than the prior peak (’07)
       5.3mn (or 62%) arriving from the US
       1.5mn (or 17%) arriving from Japan
       Europe and China each make up ~2% of
    • Tourism Board is forecasting arrivals to moderate to 1.6% per annum over the next 3 years—still 50bp above the annualized growth rate over the last 25 years
    • The islands have experienced solid growth from China, Korea and Australia

Last edited:

alwysonvac

TUG Lifetime Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WORLDMARK, HGVC, VISTANA

SOLD (DVC, FSRC)
It looks like that first section at the back would have views of the ocean.

Drone videos

8C9CC67E-EFE9-4C3D-BD8D-A0F8764E40D8.jpeg
76AE02FB-F6C0-4BBC-9BFC-A670C1FAFEDF.jpeg

Sandy VDH

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
maybe the top floor or two. In the presentation I went to, the bulk of the oceanview view faced the lagoon, and the ocean front rooms were in the ring closest to the budda statue.

bobbi_1217

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
King's Land, Hokulani
Well given that the NON green area is currently NOT showing the Middle ring on the Maui side, I will stand by my statement that the current construction effort does not have any ocean view or ocean front units. I was there in Aug, perhaps they revised their plans, as the phase 1 I was shown was only a partial of the ring farthest from the ocean and mostly on the maui side, none facing the lagoon side. Phase 2 was to include the middle ring and a small portion of the ring closest to the ocean.

Perhaps I wasn't clear in my comment regarding the ocean view. My reference was to the Maui side and not the middle ring. The brochure shows that the Ocean views in the third ring are on the north side (looking toward Maui) and are on the top two floors.

CalGalTraveler

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC, MVC Vistana
Nice view. Can you let us know what it is categorized as e.g. OV studio?

klowner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings' Land
That photo is an Ocean View Studio, but the adjacent 2 bedroom model has the same view. There is a connecting pass through door that turns this configuration into a 3 bedroom. To answer a previous post, the Studio has a nice Kitchenette.

linsj

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC
That photo is an Ocean View Studio, but the adjacent 2 bedroom model has the same view. There is a connecting pass through door that turns this configuration into a 3 bedroom. To answer a previous post, the Studio has a nice Kitchenette.

Does that kitchenette include a sink?

klowner

Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Kings' Land
It does. Photo Attached. Sink, Microwave, and full sized Fridge.

Attachments

• Studio Kitchenette (2).JPG
    Studio Kitchenette (2).JPG
    42.5 KB · Views: 97