• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Grand daughter needs prayers

JanT

TUG Member
Reaction score
Prayers are very powerful and I am praying for your sweet granddaughter.

I will keep it short. My gd had open heart surgery yesterday. It went well. Last night she developed some issues. She is 4 months old.

Thanks
Bill

turkel

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Marriott Shadow Ridge
Marriott Grand Chateau
So sorry to hear your family has to experience this, prayers for a speedy recovery and a long life with her family.

controller1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Westin KORVN OF
Westin Nanea OF
Westin FLEX
Prayers for your granddaughter and the entire family are being said now.

Glynda

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Bluegreen Points Lodge Alley Inn.
Brewster Green (two weeks).
Such a hard thing to go through! Thoughts and prayers for all of you at this time.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Our family’s prayers go out to your grand daughters healing and recovery.

CanuckTravlr

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Ocean 22
To have to go through this at such a young age! The thoughts and prayers of our family to yours. May God keep her safe and may she have a full and speedy recovery.

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Praying for your little one and the entire family. Speedy recovery. God Bless.

Passepartout

TUG Review Crew: Veteran
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill, we are holding your dear granddaughter in our hearts and offer prayers for her recovery and wellbeing.

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Ask and it will be given to you ... Matthew 7:7

Adding my prayers for your granddaughter's full recovery and for you, her parents and family. Your faith will see her through this because when you believe, God is working.

Dori

TUG Review Crew: Expert
TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill, my thoughts and prayers are with your sweet baby granddaughter, and to all of the family. Know that all of your TUG friends are with you in spirit, and sending out positive thoughts to you all.

Dori

Elan

TUG Member
Reaction score
Best wishes to your granddaughter and your family for the best possible outcome!

easyrider

TUG Review Crew: Elite
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Thanks everyone.

Milani woke up and open her eyes. So that is good. She recognized our voices. So that is good. She got a little frustrated with all of the tubes in her, so that is good. Her open heart operation was to close a hole in her heart between the ventricles that didn't close on its own. Not an uncommon operation but probably not so common either.

To see Milani with huge stitches down her chest with tubes and monitors hooked to her, was really a tear jerker. Her name is Milani and she is our seventh grand child. I call her Seven.

Thanks again !!

Bill

rickandcindy23

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Founder; Disney OKW & SSR; Marriott's Willow Ridge and Shadow Ridge,Grand Chateau; Val Chatelle; Hono Koa OF (3); SBR(LOTS), SDO a few; Grand Palms(selling); WKORV-OF ,Westin Desert Willow.
Continuing to pray for her. Now I know a name to use in my prayers.

DaveNV

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Free Agent
Bill, it’s amazing what surgeons can do these days. That surgery is fairly common, and doctors have a tremendous amount of experience with that particular issue. I know that doesn’t make it easier, but at least it’s a surgery they do regularly.

My niece had that surgery done at the University of Washington hospital in 1966. At the time she was the youngest child in the state to ever have that surgery. It was a total success, and I’m happy to report she is now 53 years old, and has lived a full and productive life.

Keep up the good grandparenting work. Milani has a lot of people on her side. :)

Dave

Last edited:

1st Class

TUG Member
Reaction score
Thanks for the update and for posting the good news! We'll continue to pray for little Milani. She is one lucky girl -- A grandpa's prayers are the best medicine in the world!

Seven -- that's from Seinfeld isn't it? :)

WinniWoman

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Innseason Pollard Brook
So good to hear! Lucky Seven!

WalnutBaron

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt Highlands Inn, Hyatt Pinon Pointe
GREAT news, and we continue to pray for Milani and her whole family. Let's hope she is running her parents ragged just a few months from now :)

pedro47

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill,thanks for the update. Praying that your granddaughter will be totally alright and up around hugging and playing with her granddad very soon.:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Last edited:

AnnaS

TUG Member
Reaction score
Great news! Will continue to keep Milani in my prayers.

easyrider

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Worldmark * * Villa Del Palmar UVCI * * Vacation Internationale*
Seven is stable. :thumbup: Really, thanks for the prayers. My son and daughter in law are staying in her room. During Milani's operation they discovered an artery was in the wrong place and this was corrected while they were working on her. I had thought there was one hole but I was told there were two that were patched. I was told these were patched with some new type of gortex ??? So the operation was good but lasted almost eight hours. The complication was Milani's heart rate dropped and the scare was no oxygen to her organs.

They were able to resuscitate her and everything seems like it will be ok. A mri is scheduled for tomorrow. They do not want her awake because of the stitches and tubes. A drain tube was removed today along with the wires attached to her head.

Yup, I first heard of Seven from George Castaza on an episode of Seinfeld. I have nic names for all seven grandkids . Milani is my seventh grandkid so I took George's idea. I would call Milani, Lani, but I already have Leilani, who I already call Lani.

Thanks again !!!

Bill

rapmarks

TUG Member
Reaction score
oh man that poor little thing

Passepartout

TUG Member
Reaction score
Bill, you'll know when the time is right to tell Seven that she had lots of people pulling for her. Still sending best wishes.