• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

Hyatt Beach House - What kind of deal did you get buying Resale?

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
QH, HBC, VBHC, & Pinestead Reef
My best friend wants to purchase a Hyatt Beach House... What would be a good resale price and would she ask for an estoppel once she finds the resale she wants to purchase?

thanks...

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (DRI), Worldmark
I was watching two different Beach House annual diamond weeks (15 and 17, 2200 points) on eBay that ended this morning and it looks like they each went for $4,050.00 with the seller to pay closing. I expect that if it passes ROFR, it would be a pretty good deal based on the prices I saw on Redweek and other sites. The key question will be if they pass ROFR at this level, but I have read that it seemed that they were not excercising it during the merger. Will be interesting to see if they start to now that the merger is done. I am waiting to hear if I pass ROFR on an EOY Even (first use 2020) at Hyatt Highlands Inn for $3,800 on a diamond week 37 so we will see if anything has changed.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
I was watching two different Beach House annual diamond weeks (15 and 17, 2200 points) on eBay that ended this morning and it looks like they each went for $4,050.00 with the seller to pay closing. I expect that if it passes ROFR, it would be a pretty good deal based on the prices I saw on Redweek and other sites. The key question will be if they pass ROFR at this level, but I have read that it seemed that they were not excercising it during the merger. Will be interesting to see if they start to now that the merger is done. I am waiting to hear if I pass ROFR on an EOY Even (first use 2020) at Hyatt Highlands Inn for $3,800 on a diamond week 37 so we will see if anything has changed.

Thank you for the info and best of luck and I hope you pass ROFR...Would my friend ask for an estoppel and the two that you mentioned that sold is that the price point they are going for?

ResaleExpert

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Hyatt High Sierra Lodge
Hyatt Wild Oak Ranch
Marriott Royal Palms
Sands of Kahana fractional (sold)
My best friend wants to purchase a Hyatt Beach House... What would be a good resale price and would she ask for an estoppel once she finds the resale she wants to purchase?

thanks...
Is your friend looking for a particular week or amount of points? I have about 60 listings here and would be pleased to help for these or any broker's listings. Bill

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Is your friend looking for a particular week or amount of points? I have about 60 listings here and would be pleased to help for these or any broker's listings. Bill

Bill:

Thank you so much, she told me that she put in an offer in on a week 10 and prior to sending the money wanted to know what she should do ? I told her I thought she should ask for an estoppel but since I do not own in Hyatt, I came her to ask to ensure that I'm giving her good advice...If this deal does not go through, I will have her connect up with you....thanks so much

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
HGVC Craigendarroch Lodges, HGVC Bay Club, HGVC GP MarBrisa, Westin St. John, Westin Ka’anapali Ocean Villas, Lake Tahoe Vacation Resort (DRI), Worldmark
Well, I followed up with the closing agent today and they have told me that Hyatt DID excercise ROFR on my Highland Inn EOYE purchase at $3,800 (diamond week 37). The provided a copy of the ROFR letter they received October 4th. The letter is from HVC-Highlands, LLC so I am wondering if it becuase it is a Highlands unit as it looks like the individual developer of that complex is the one excercising ROFR. Stewart Vacation Ownership is the closing agent.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I had a Pinion Point Pass this week.

It has St. Petersburg, FL Address in header at top of page.

Signed by Stephanie Rodgers. It shows a 727# to call if you have any questions. PM me if you want the number.

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
The letter indicates to forward copies of all of the documents and addendum's to Stephanie Rodgers at HV Global Group before closing so it looks like ROFR may be picking back up. Although I did not think $3,800 for an EOYE was that far off the mark based on prices for annuals I saw on Redweek and the fact that it was an EOY unit. Oh well, my hunt will continue and I suspect the $4050 annual diamond Beach House weeks that just sold on eBay will not pass either (but could be wrong). Will just need to keep looking and just keep trying.

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
The letter indicates to forward copies of all of the documents and addendum's to Stephanie Rodgers at HV Global Group before closing so it looks like ROFR may be picking back up. Although I did not think $3,800 for an EOYE was that far off the mark based on prices for annuals I saw on Redweek and the fact that it was an EOY unit. Oh well, my hunt will continue and I suspect the $4050 annual diamond Beach House weeks that just sold on eBay will not pass either (but could be wrong). Will just need to keep looking and just keep trying.
I got Pinon Point Gold for under 2K to pass. I got a Coconut Plantation Gold at 2K in process now should get answer next week.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Well, I followed up with the closing agent today and they have told me that Hyatt DID excercise ROFR on my Highland Inn EOYE purchase at $3,800 (diamond week 37). The provided a copy of the ROFR letter they received October 4th. The letter is from HVC-Highlands, LLC so I am wondering if it becuase it is a Highlands unit as it looks like the individual developer of that complex is the one excercising ROFR. Stewart Vacation Ownership is the closing agent.
So sorry to hear that Hyatt exercised ROFR, sounds like they will be grabbing stuff again....

jksung5295

TUG Member
Reaction score
I got Pinon Point Gold for under 2K to pass. I got a Coconut Plantation Gold at 2K in process now should get answer next week.

Is that your “all-in” cost including the transfer? I’m trying to gauge the proper price for HBH gold week.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
My friend put in an offer of $5,900 for the week 10 at Beach House and she told me just now that they are going to submit the paperwork in the morning...I think she is very nervous that it will not go through...

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Is that your “all-in” cost including the transfer? I’m trying to gauge the proper price for HBH gold week.
Nope I still covered the $650 transfer and about $200 closing costs.

I did do contract showing I paid $2600, and made seller responsible for $650 transfer fee to help jack price up some. I just worded contract so $650 could be drawn by closing company from escrow for payment of the transfer fee from funds due seller. This was to prevent them from any up front fees.

Fingers crossed I have one in Coconut Plantation also hope to get answer next week. Pinon Pointe one took exactly 2 weeks.

jksung5295

TUG Member
Reaction score
Nope I still covered the $650 transfer and about $200 closing costs.

I did do contract showing I paid $2600, and made seller responsible for $650 transfer fee to help jack price up some. I just worded contract so $650 could be drawn by closing company from escrow for payment of the transfer fee from funds due seller. This was to prevent them from any up front fees.

Fingers crossed I have one in Coconut Plantation also hope to get answer next week. Pinon Pointe one took exactly 2 weeks.

Okay thanks for the information! Good luck on your Piñon Point looks like a pretty good deal!

dsmrp

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Sheraton Vistana, Waikoloa Bay Club, Hyatt Pinon Pt
My friend put in an offer of $5,900 for the week 10 at Beach House and she told me just now that they are going to submit the paperwork in the morning...I think she is very nervous that it will not go through...

I wish your friend luck and a huge bolus of ROFR paperwork to flood their inboxes :D Who hasn't 'lost' an email or two in their inbox??
It's too bad the HRC staff got their notices; but not unexpected when a larger company buys a smaller one :-(
I think there will be some RIFs later in Vistana ranks...

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
O.k. Found another Highlands unit on eBay and we will see if it goes through. This one actually bit better overall in that it is an annual Platnimum unit with 2,000 points (200 fewer points, but it every year vs. just EOY). The purchase price is about 1/2 of what the purchase price was on the previous EOYE diamond week that just failed, so not really expecting it to pass, but maybe I will get lucky (i.e. maybe they are just targeting diamond weeks etc.). This is a week 20 unit, which fits very well with my busy work times so will most likely be using it more often than not if it does go through.

The waiting begins again......

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
O.k. Found another Highlands unit on eBay and we will see if it goes through. This one actually bit better overall in that it is an annual Platnimum unit with 2,000 points (200 fewer points, but it every year vs. just EOY). The purchase price is about 1/2 of what the purchase price was on the previous EOYE diamond week that just failed, so not really expecting it to pass, but maybe I will get lucky (i.e. maybe they are just targeting diamond weeks etc.). This is a week 20 unit, which fits very well with my busy work times so will most likely be using it more often than not if it does go through.

The waiting begins again......

I really hope it passes. It seems like you never know what they are going to scoop up

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

My girlfriend received the estoppel and has signed the contract and sent her certified funds via pre-paid fed ex that her realtor supplied. She knows she has to wait 30 days to hear if she was ROFR’d.

Based on what I’ve read here I think Hyatt will exercise their right to buy it. I don’t want to bust her bubble so I will keep my feelings to myself.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that supplied info so that I could help her.

I will let everyone know the outcome once she knows. Thanks again and this is why I love TUG, you guys are the best

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
My girlfriend received the estoppel and has signed the contract and sent her certified funds via pre-paid fed ex that her realtor supplied. She knows she has to wait 30 days to hear if she was ROFR’d.

Based on what I’ve read here I think Hyatt will exercise their right to buy it. I don’t want to bust her bubble so I will keep my feelings to myself.

I just wanted to say thank you to everyone that supplied info so that I could help her.

I will let everyone know the outcome once she knows. Thanks again and this is why I love TUG, you guys are the best
Just so you know in the future there is no need to put money into escrow until ROFR passes with Hyatt. It’s a simple form you fax them along with signed contract. Once they pass you can send funds to escrow.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Just so you know in the future there is no need to put money into escrow until ROFR passes with Hyatt. It’s a simple form you fax them along with signed contract. Once they pass you can send funds to escrow.

Ugh, I didn’t know this. Do you think she will have an issue getting her money back if it’s Rofr’d?

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
Ugh, I didn’t know this. Do you think she will have an issue getting her money back if it’s Rofr’d?
If she is dealing with a reputable closing company probably not, but others can be a head ache especially some of cookie mill eBay companies. It is just better not to put money up until ROFR occurs as Hyatt doesn’t even charge the $650 transfer fee until ROFR is passed, new recorded deed is sent to them to make change.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
If she is dealing with a reputable closing company probably not, but others can be a head ache especially some of cookie mill eBay companies. It is just better not to put money up until ROFR occurs as Hyatt doesn’t even charge the $650 transfer fee until ROFR is passed, new recorded deed is sent to them to make change.

Thanks, I don't know who she is dealing with? I will let her know this is the correct process to follow, if she makes another offer on a Hyatt week...Thanks for all of the help.

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Breezez: UPDATE... She's dealing with a realtor she worked with back in 2015 when she purchased a Maui-Westin, I just talked to her...

Sugarcubesea

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned

I just noticed on eBay that one of these got re-listed by the same seller. I wonder if the seller had multiples of this same week or if the buyer backed out. I wonder if the other week will get re-listed too

ConejoRed

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Or I wonder if the buyer bid on both and had a top price listed and ended up with both unexpectedly so they ended up throwing one back.