• The TUGBBS forums are completely free and open to the public and exist as the absolute best place for owners to get help and advice about their timeshares for more than 30 years!

Join Tens of Thousands of other Owners just like you here to get any and all Timeshare questions answered 24 hours a day!
  • TUG started 30 years ago in October 1993 as a group of regular Timeshare owners just like you!

Read about our 30th anniversary: Happy 30th Birthday TUG!
  • TUG has a YouTube Channel to produce weekly short informative videos on popular Timeshare topics!

Free memberships for every 50 subscribers!

Visit TUG on Youtube!
  • TUG has now saved timeshare owners more than $21,000,000 dollars just by finding us in time to rescind a new Timeshare purchase! A truly incredible milestone!

Read more here: TUG saves owners more than $21 Million dollars

60,000+ subscribing owners! A weekly recap of the best Timeshare resort reviews and the most popular topics discussed by owners!
  • Our official "end my sales presentation early" T-shirts are available again! Also come with the option for a free membership extension with purchase to offset the cost!

All T-shirt options here!
  • A few of the most common links here on the forums for newbies and guests!

How to get to Pres Reserve?

John_and_Val

Reaction score
Another question for the masses!

I have 4 contracts: 430,000 Bonnet Creek, 138,000 Star Island, 389,000 Ocean Walk and a 70,000 PIC
I am a Platium VIP (by owning 1,008,000 points)

What route (if any) can i buy resale and get Presidential Reserve Status?

BibbityBoppity

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Fairfield Mountains
Makai Club
I believe if you find a PR contract then those points alone are PR not your entire account and technically speaking PIC doesn’t count towards PR eligibility.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

paxsarah

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham Ocean Boulevard, Flagstaff, Grand Desert
Wasn't there something in the latest directory that seemed to suggest that resale Presidential Reserve might be hampered in some way in terms of benefits? I can't remember the specifics, and I don't know that it was confirmed in practice, just concerning as spelled out in the book.

Otherwise, at least in the past, purchasing a PR contract resale would convey most PR booking and other benefits to the points in that contract. It wouldn't carry over to other points you owned.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
I believe the new directory indicates that you're subject to using those PR points during the APR period(s) only at the specific PR resort for the deed you own. You may "lose" the right as a resale PR owner to book PR units at any other resort than your home PR resort.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
At one point, if you bought a resale PR contract, you would get the PR benefits that are specific to PR, but you would not get the VIP discounts. Retail PR members get platinum benefits and PR benefits. I know if your PR points total less then one million, you lose some benefits specific to PR. Maybe you lose those as well in resale purchases. It only says that points purchased outside Wyndham wouldn't get the full benefits, but didn't specify which benefits they did not get. PIC points do not count towards PR. All 1 million points must be PR points. These are not the same as regular retail bought points that you purchased. Last I heard, the going rate for PR points was $330 per 1,000 through telesales. You could trade in your retail bought points for PR points, however if you do a trade, the minimum buy in is 225,000 PR points. Even if you have 900,000, you still have to buy 225,000 PR points. So from where you are at, PR would run you about $75k retail. You might be able to negotiate down a bit, but i don't know how much of a discount you could get. I know all this, because i looked into it. That was coming from a sales person. If you were a brand new owner, the cheapest way to do it, would be to buy 775,000 Bentley brook points (lowest costs points but one of the highest maintenance fees), pay cash and then trade those in for PR points, and buy 225,000 PR points. Like that, PR would run you around $157,000 if you do not get a discount on the PR points. Far cry from the $330,000 if you bought them all as PR points, but still a TON of money.

upload_2018-10-10_13-59-32.png

breezez

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
WorldMark 39K
Wyndham 406K
RCI Points 196K
Hyatt Pinon Pointe
Hyatt Coconut Plantation
I have never stayed in a presidential, but have seen them. They are nice and all But if I wanted pay for those points with that kind of quality, before I gave Wyndham more money I would look at Hyatt deeded contracts or Four Seasons.

You get access to top tier resort system and resorts with amenities and treatment that beat most Wyndham Resorts hands down. Plus access to II

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
I almost upgraded one of my plantinum accounts to pr. First time it hung on another "owners" signature where the documents were mailed out but never signed. It would me a way to clean my contract. Also give me arp at a better location then I had. The big issue that I never really figured out was can reservations booked using regular points be upgraded to prh units. That would have opened the flood gates on good reservations. At the time I was on the fence.

Second time was when I was locked out. I really had to clean my contract as Wyndham knew it was a resale. In the end I was told I could not do the trade. How many people can say that?

Both times no gift was offered. By not doing it made it easier to walk away.

If the changes were never made last year and I kept my ownership no doubt I could make a return on it. The question was how much of a return could be made.

Possible now more then ever it is worth it as less people competing for prh upgrades.

Richelle

TUG Review Crew
TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham National Harbor
Wyndham Canterbury
Wyndham Atlanta
Bay Club of Sandestin
Williamsburg Plantation
I almost upgraded one of my plantinum accounts to pr. First time it hung on another "owners" signature where the documents were mailed out but never signed. It would me a way to clean my contract. Also give me arp at a better location then I had. The big issue that I never really figured out was can reservations booked using regular points be upgraded to prh units. That would have opened the flood gates on good reservations. At the time I was on the fence.

Second time was when I was locked out. I really had to clean my contract as Wyndham knew it was a resale. In the end I was told I could not do the trade. How many people can say that?

Both times no gift was offered. By not doing it made it easier to walk away.

If the changes were never made last year and I kept my ownership no doubt I could make a return on it. The question was how much of a return could be made.

Possible now more then ever it is worth it as less people competing for prh upgrades.

The only bonus PR could offer, i think, is that there is a smaller pool of owners to compete with for the same PR inventory. I agree that with the changes, there is less of a reason to upgrade, however, since there is as smaller pool of owners to compete with, will there be more inventory at the 60 day mark to get those discounts and upgrades? I have to find a PR owner who does that and ask. I don't see myself upgrading anytime in the near future, if ever, but I am curious.

puppymommo

TUG Member
Reaction score
What does it mean to "clean" a contract? I've never heard that term.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
To the extent that a PR owner used their PR points to book a unit at a Select or CWA resort (for example a non-PR unit), then PR inventory would need to removed from their system and offered up to the respective Select / CWA inventory in order to keep the available inventory balanced among all the respective owners.

So yes, there may be fewer PR owners competing for PR unit size upgrades. But if those PR owners start to book non-PR Select / CWA units, then there will have to be less PR units available in their system to compete for those PR unit size upgrades.

I'm not sure how the PR inventory gets chosen and made available to the non-PR owners in exchange for the PR owner booking from Select / CWA inventory. Perhaps that's a question for the next Wyndham owner's meeting. But as some folks that attended the annual meeting on Oct 4 have reported, Wyndham chose which questions they were willing to answer - and many submitted questions weren't answered.

CCdad

TUG Member
Reaction score
Resorts Owned
Wyndham
What does it mean to "clean" a contract? I've never heard that term.

I think he meant he had a PR contract flagged as resale and tried to upgrade one of his Platinum accounts to PR to merge that resale PR contract into. The first attempt was joining in with another cooperating PR owner. The second attempt perhaps via an equity trade of the resale PR contract with an additional PR points purchase.

So if the resale contract was at say a high MF PR resort and he wanted a lower MF contract. Or if he wants access to Bonnet Creek PR inventory, but his resale PR contract is at a golf resort like Pat Dye Villas or perhaps King Cotton Villas.

am1

TUG Member
Reaction score
Not merging with another or owner. Another person on my account had to sign the deed to execute the trade. Good option for anyone on the fence. Trading a platinum account was always the the way it was going to me. Wanted one million and 1 thousand points in the pr account. That was a little difficult for sales to understand. Cleaning my platinum account contract is something different.